Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Hi…..

Should we let children's below 14 years to watch T.V Soap (esp. ekta kapoor),

Movies which show Violence, Crimes…

By viewing this stuff will it effect in child thinking???

Cheers,

Ahmed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

teenindia_usa

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 6:36am | IP Logged
No control dear! LOL Well children shud be allowed to watch tv, bec if we do, den dey also have a right. Smile
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 7:04am | IP Logged
If you have 2 TV in ur home 90% childrens not watch any Soap, Smile The probs is When parents sit and watch all soaps at night.....Childrens also watch......
if all not watch Soap..TV channel kaise chalegaa. :P] ...IF.com kaise chalega.. Wink Big smile
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Nice topic Ahmed! I think lot of Indian TV needs serious censor. It is not for kids. Forget kids, lot of it is influencing even ADULTS in a bad way Dead Dead
sohn Senior Member
sohn
sohn

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Good topic Ahmed Smile

A friend of mine's neices, one 8 and the other 10, ran towards the telly at some vague time last month in front of a big friends get together n were begging to put on 'Kumkum'! I was shocked more cus they sat n watched the entire episode, updating everyone on the story, giving a running commentary and the final remarks were something like this...we willl keep a watch on our SIL after we get married, n wont listen to stupid bhashans given by my MIL!!!

I dont know if that has created a bias about relationships for them at a very young age, cus they were TOO young to even understand what marriage and relationship mean. And their great 'mother' who allows them to watch it, was proudly bragging about her daughters's so called intellectual capacity reg all this!

Im not very much for kids watchin telly, rather have them busy with other construtive or recreational stuff. But if the need be, then a second telly set sounds more like it, with parental controls, cus our telly stuff is getting scarier day by day! Confused
mittijalebi IF-Rockerz
mittijalebi
mittijalebi

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:59am | IP Logged
parents definitely need to have some control over what the kids watch.

none of my younger cousins are allowed to watch the english soaps but their parents have no problems letting them watch the indian ones. both preach the same kind of stuff, only difference is that the english ones have kissing. Embarrassed

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top