Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Gaurav Chopraa aka Rajkumar Fanclub# 3* (Page 7)

vinnu-gaurav Senior Member
vinnu-gaurav
vinnu-gaurav

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Wednesday March 16, 02:23 PM
Gaurav Chopra in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa   
By Shaheen Parkar

In a new role:
Gaurav ChopraHis name may not ring a bell but his unconventional looks (along with his long locks) coupled with his detailed characterisation in several soaps may have got noticed.

Now, Gaurav Chopra is all set to enter the Zee daily Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa. He plays the character of a businessman called Kabeer Jairath.

Says Chopra, "Yes, I am part of the show. I begin shooting in a day. There are two shows (Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Dil Kya Chhata Hai) on air which are totally malecentric. I am happy to be part of both," he says.

Chopra, who has been on the small screen for a while, has largely gone unnoticed because he gets into the skin of the persona. "People know me as my character; not as Gaurav Chopra.

They recall me as Prem of Piya Ka Ghar." He takes this as a compliment as he believes in essaying each character in a distinct style.

In Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, he will enter the show as a suave business magnate who comes into the lives of the main protagonists Chetan (Kushal Punjab) and Deepankar (Vishal Singh) to make their life go topsy-turvy.

"It was his unconventional looks plus the fact that though he has done television he has not overexposed himself that got him this role," saysproducer Shrishti Behl Arya of Rose Audiovisuals.

"It's always a phone call that has lead me from one role to another," says Chopra who will be seen in a distinct new look for the show. Incidentally, it may be recalled that last week Mihir Misra, who played Aditya in the show, was asked to leave because of his unprofessional behaviour.

"The character of Kabeer is not a replacement for Aditya. Kabeer is a new character being introduced in the serial," adds Behl. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa revolves around three friends — Aditya, Chetan and Deepankar — who look at life and love in their own peculiar way.

Misra's final episode as Aditya's was aired on Tuesday night. "The show will now focus on Chetan and Deepankar with Aditya's track over," says Behl who also produces Remix and Guns 'n' Roses (both on Star One).

Chopra is slated to make an entry in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa next week.

This is from an Article in MID-DAY!! Though I dont remember much.....All i can recall was that he did look very suave.... all other characters looked very servantish and this character RULED over them... though he joined mid way in the serial!!! LOL Also Kabeer who had married only for wealth, was not in love with his wife.......TOO SAD COS SHE WAS REALLY PRETTY.... Cry ....he loved another middle class...VERY AVERAGE LOOKING GIRL.. Angry ..... He tries to manipulate, cheat exploit everyone in a way so that he can get rid of his wife....YET KEEP THE MONEY... Clap Clap .. (How very Convenient) and marry the Girlfreind!! But justice prevailed and Kabeer realises, repents ( U Know how Gaurav does this part....the typical..BIG B- Kaala Pathar!) and IN....THE....LAST...EPISODE.... ALL THREE CHARACTERS INCLUDING APNA Bhai ...Are dressed up as BRIDE GROOMS>.....ha. Big smile .ha.. To have a combined wedding......Under ONE PANDAAL!!! Best part is Gaurav marries his already married wife becoz he feels his marriage earler was not from his heart.. Embarrassed ...SO.....he marries her again!!! ( phew!!!)
Clap

THANKS FOR THE APPLAUSE GUYS!!!
vinnu-gaurav
vinnu-gaurav

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:00am | IP Logged
I T N A
S A N N A A T A
K Y O N
H A I
B H A I ???
Confused
scorpiongal Goldie
scorpiongal
scorpiongal

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:14am | IP Logged
lo scorpion aa gayaa sannatta dur karne.... LOL

DHANYAVAAD...VINNU BHAI.. Smile
after ur big bundle of excuses on last page....i m quite happy to see ur pink-pink description of the show. Clap Clap
so..sh'd i paste it one first page. Smile

btw..tell me ...how did u see my shakal on net????????? LOL
vinnu-gaurav
vinnu-gaurav

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:20am | IP Logged
ARREY ....
YEHI TO BAAT HAI!!
HASNE LAYAK EXPRESSION THA KI NAHIN AAPKA??
vinnu-gaurav
vinnu-gaurav

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:42am | IP Logged
You'll develop a crush of your own---

Bombay Crush

December 6, 2005

By Debashine Thangevelo

Who: Gaurav Chopra, Kajal Bhagwandeen, Vaibhav Joshi, Waseem Shaik, Rajiv Mothi, Ebrahim Medell
Where: iZulu Theatre, Sibaya
When: Currently showing until mid-January on Tuesdays to Saturdays at 7.30pm; Sundays at 3pm. Tickets cost R95. Book through Computicket

That well-worn clich – "time flies when you are having fun" – couldn't be more appropriate for the lavishly-budgeted Bollywood-style musical Bombay Crush.

For two hours, the audience is left spellbound by the visually-stimulating, high-energy musical intertwined with melodrama. When theatregoers aren't in fits of laughter, their heads are bobbing to the infectious beats of contemporary Bollywood tunes – Main Hoon Na, Yeh Dil, Bunty Aur Babli, Nache Baliye and Salaam Namaste.

The love story at the heart of the musical is that of Salman Ahmed (Gaurav Chopra) and Minal Singh (Kajal Bhagwandeen). The village of Rander, India is where the tale begins. Birbal Singh (Rajesh's father) decides to send his son to Durban in an effort to tear him away from his love interest Yasmin, a Muslim.

However, Rajesh (Rajiv Mothie) refuses to abide by his father's wish and gets his friend Salman to go in his place instead.

When "Rajesh" arrives at Durban International, he is warmly greeted by his hosts Vinod (Vhaibav Joshi) and Geeta Singh (Jacqu du Toit). However, while Rajesh is smitten by the sight of their striking daughter Minal, she is not impressed by the village bumpkin and gives him the cold shoulder   

In true Bollywood-fashion, they later fall in love but Minal's college buddy Pravesh (Waseem Shaikh) is not impressed with the budding romance and, sensing all is not what it seems with Rajesh, sets out to do a bit of snooping.

How Rajesh/Salman deals with the consequences of this deception forms the backdrop of the riveting climax. Bombay Crush is a polished offering and writer-director Junaid Ahmed manages to keep a strong Bollywood masala flavour while Africanising the production.

Ahmed's funny side filters through strongly in the dialogue maintaining a light-weight balance between music and melodrama. The colourful costumes are exquisite.

Jay Pather's choreography ensures fluid and flawless dance scenes. The dancers, too many to name, deserve to be applauded for their laborious efforts that make the dance scenes seem so effortless.

The lead actors, Chopra and Bhagwandeen, are endearing in their respective roles; ditto for the "bad guy" Shaikh, Joshi as the father and Mothie as the lovesick son.

With all these elements integrated with the splendid set, featuring exciting live video footage of Africa in the backdrop, as well as designed theme shots, Bombay Crush is pure, indulgent escapism.

This is an article form tonight.co.za about the Blockbuster musical BOMBAY CRUSH he did in South Africa! I read that he was such a super duper hit with Southafrican audience that he was invited for several fashion Weeks, Bridal Shows etc as a special CELEBRITY for walking RAMP.

Edited by vinnu-gaurav - 30 June 2007 at 12:45am
spian Senior Member
spian
spian

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 2:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gulrani

Hello Gaurav... nice to see your post of welcome again in our new Fanclub3 Smile ....along with Vinnu, please remember also one of our new member LIRH (SPIAN)added to our list and she is one of your true fan too and btw she is fantastic with her write ups Clap Big smile

Thank you so much at least youHug remembered meCry unlike GauravEvil SmileChopraaAngryAngry. I am really upsetDisapprove.Thanks for the compliment tooEmbarrassed.

pssst the siggy wld be removed unless my name is added.Approve

Edited by spian - 30 June 2007 at 2:16am
spian Senior Member
spian
spian

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 2:21am | IP Logged

BTW....Did anybody watch today s LRL show  ?Smile  Looks like it s an interesting episode , due to the match and Gaurav s screen presence...I am still waiting for the video but read the write ups ...TongueWink...Hey Lirh , Shweta and Vinnu (Vipin) one of you can you come up with your detailed analysis ....please ?Smile   Until Shvetal comes back , can someone do the needful ...Big smile...Please , all of you wake up , darlings...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Sorry Shabnam, havent been able to watch the episodes due to work and came to abt the infuriating track Deadgoing on its tough u know. Lets see Mon I will try just for u.

vinnu-gaurav
vinnu-gaurav

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spian

Hello Gaurav... nice to see your post of welcome again in our new Fanclub3 Smile ....along with Vinnu, please remember also one of our new member LIRH (SPIAN)added to our list and she is one of your true fan too and btw she is fantastic with her write ups Clap Big smile

Thank you so much at least youHug remembered meCry unlike GauravEvil SmileChopraaAngryAngry. I am really upsetDisapprove.Thanks for the compliment tooEmbarrassed.

pssst the siggy wld be removed unless my name is added.Approve

Na na na ......

Please dont be jealous of me ( he ..he.. Im so happy)

Anyway, just joking!!

Probably Gavrau Bhai remembered me only becoz I am the newest member and he must ve already been used to ur posts and didnt realise u were new too!! But i hope he still reads this & realises his mistake!! 

Go to top