Debate Mansion

Not responsibility towards loved one's?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Joining profession like army, cops, nuclear plants - where there is high possibility to loose life.

Debate : One has no right to make wrong or right decisions that involves loss of life VS people who love oneself? More then oneself its loved one's who should be legally involved in consent to pursue such duties...what say?

People cannot be considered for position in police, untill unless loved one allow him/her, irrespective of age >21.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Definately no right, when loved one's are involved. One person can make a decision, life might not sound important to him/her but being a family member I would ask him/her to follow what family wants rather then him/herself.

Being warrior is different thing, its sense of proud - on other hand chances of loosing a loved one 😭
lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: raj5000

Joining profession like army, cops, nuclear plants - where there is high possibility to loose life.

Debate : One has no right to make wrong or right decisions that involves loss of life VS people who love oneself? More then oneself its loved one's who should be legally involved in consent to pursue such duties...what say?

People cannot be considered for position in police, untill unless loved one allow him/her, irrespective of age >21.

Hate to bring the caste system mention  here but there was a reason for Kshatriya caste...😛 families were conditioned to think that their loved one will loose life for others some day.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: lighthouse

Hate to bring the caste system mention  here but there was a reason for Kshatriya caste...😛 families were conditioned to think that their loved one will loose life for others some day.

good point there LH.  I would also add Sikhism originated among Punjabi Hindus.  Even today, we have a huge majority of  Sikhs in our army putting their life on line to protect and honour our mother land 👏

RAJ-  well, that's where families of soldiers, police, firefighters and such professionals stand out! 👏👏 .
It takes special people to hold such dreams and pursue them and even stronger and more special family-members to SUPPORT them.  Since I could never be the latter, although may have considered the former,  I bow to all these people. 
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: lighthouse

Very valid point LH 👏.  

Those who take up such jobs which involve high risk, they really want to do those jobs.  As long as they are fine with it no one else should have problem with it.  After marriage if one takes on a job than I am sure they had their conversation prior to marriage the career path one was choosing or heading towards.   My hats off to people who consider doing any of those jobs & the families who support them 👏 

I know two gentleman one working for Fire dept and another one is COP in LA.  Their spouse as well as their family are supportive 😃. 

raj5000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

good point there LH.  I would also add Sikhism originated among Punjabi Hindus.  Even today, we have a huge majority of  Sikhs in our army putting their life on line to protect and honour our mother land 👏

RAJ-  well, that's where families of soldiers, police, firefighters and such professionals stand out! 👏👏 .

It takes special people to hold such dreams and pursue them and even stronger and more special family-members to SUPPORT them.  Since I could never be the latter, although may have considered the former,  I bow to all these people. 

My topics are just topics not my personal thoughts 😳 hear yaa!

kabhi_21 thumbnail

😆

Okk take this in two ways.....

1. If the spouse is in army or police, other spouse has enough time to have personal life including external affairs... i mean for those few people who wanna marry such people for this reason 😉

2. the spouse, in case of Police wants black money in lots, in case of army, wants to be proud 😛

okk more seriously though

I feel what career path one has to chose has to be decided by individual persons. If because of a spouse, other spouse cant do job of their liking, then they will never be happy. Its a compromise and compromises like this dont build relations. I agree with varshaji, when u are going to be life partners, u discuss the career path with ur life partners and if they agree that time knowing all the odds in such relations, they must support their spouses throughout.... (READ I WROTE SPOUSES APPLICABLE TO MALE AND FEMALE WORKING IN SUCH JOBS)😆

Edited by kabhi_21 - 16 years ago