Harry Potter

Why didn't they use the time keeper?!

Asha004 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey....u know what I was wondering right this second.....u guyz know how Sirius and Dumbledore died right?Well,why couldn't Harry,Ron and Hermione just use the "Time Keeper" {the device that lets u go back in time} to save both these lives,like they did in the 3rd year w/ Buckbeak?😕😭😭....They just missed out on the perfect opportunity!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lady Black thumbnail
Asha004-

I wondered that exact same thing! But then I thought about it and came up with this theory.

First of all...In the fifth book,(I'm not sure who mentions this) but all the Time Turners were smashed after Harry and the gang had their little mess at the Ministry of Magic.

Another problem would be how to return to the present. In the third movie when the Time Turner first shows up, after Harry and Hermione uses the Time Turner to go back a couple of hours, they have to wait for the hours to go by until they are back in the present For example, if you went back into the year 1977, I don't think you could just use the Time Turner to return to your own time. I believe you would have to live through the years until you ended up where you started. Although I'm not 100% sure if that is how the Time Turner works, its just my theory since that is what they did in the 3rd book and movie.

Last but not least, Dumbledore warned Harry not to be seen or that would mess up time. So if my theory about having to live through the time until you were back where you started...I think it might be extremely hard not to mess up or the past or be seen. Then again, J.K. Rowling probably has a reason for killing off Dumbledore and my beloved Sirius. So we will just have to put up with it and see what she does.

But I agree with you...If I had my way Dumbledore would still be alive and so would Sirius^-^

Hope what I said makes sense......

~Lady Black~
HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
they couldn't hv... remember in OotP when they were at the Ministry they destroyed d entire stock?
missy6892 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lady Black

Asha004-

I wondered that exact same thing! But then I thought about it and came up with this theory.

First of all...In the fifth book,(I'm not sure who mentions this) but all the Time Turners were smashed after Harry and the gang had their little mess at the Ministry of Magic.

Another problem would be how to return to the present. In the third movie when the Time Turner first shows up, after Harry and Hermione uses the Time Turner to go back a couple of hours, they have to wait for the hours to go by until they are back in the present For example, if you went back into the year 1977, I don't think you could just use the Time Turner to return to your own time. I believe you would have to live through the years until you ended up where you started. Although I'm not 100% sure if that is how the Time Turner works, its just my theory since that is what they did in the 3rd book and movie.

Last but not least, Dumbledore warned Harry not to be seen or that would mess up time. So if my theory about having to live through the time until you were back where you started...I think it might be extremely hard not to mess up or the past or be seen. Then again, J.K. Rowling probably has a reason for killing off Dumbledore and my beloved Sirius. So we will just have to put up with it and see what she does.

But I agree with you...If I had my way Dumbledore would still be alive and so would Sirius^-^

Hope what I said makes sense......

~Lady Black~

ditto

tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
first fo all its not time keeper its time turner
wen harry,ron,hermy,luna,neville,n ginny were in ministry in d 5th prt dey broke d whole case of time turners so dere r no more time turner.....its also ritten in d 6th prt wen hagrid askd harry y dint dey go bak 2 d time n save d'dore....harry replied dey hav crashed all d time turners in deir previous yr(in d 5th prt)
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well...in PoA Dumbledoe also told Harry NOT to mess up with time because it is so complex that no one can predict what will happen!
Also, in PoA, Harry n Hermione went back into time because it was destined to happen...

When Harry, Ron and Hermione were going down to Hagrid's during Buckbeak's trial...at the same time..Hermione n Harry (from the future) were also there watching..

So it was all destined...

This Time Travel is a big huge paradox and not to be tampered with! Also..they smashed all the Time Turners in OotP..like so many ppl above me have said!
cool_pooja thumbnail
I had thought of dis in the goblet of fire when cedric died that y cudnt harry use time turner, and take the ministry of magic to voldemort by using the portkey, save credic, and throw the portkey? Like they saved buckbeak.. At dat time the time turners were still dere... 😳
anamikaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: shriyaroxxx

they couldn't hv... remember in OotP when they were at the Ministry they destroyed d entire stock?

hhhmmmmmm

they dont hav extras????

nitin_dave thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shriyaroxxx

Oh yah! both of the theories never occured to me in the 1st place. But, they broke all m in the ministry... I guess we will get to see that in the 5th movie right?

-Aastha

jasminekanwall thumbnail
they should have one of the time turners left, i mean all of them couldn't have smashed.and they should have thought about to use it before now, it is to late