Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:49am | IP Logged

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1232187.cms

man was arrested in the Ahmednagar district of central Maharashtra on Thursday for allegedly selling his daughter to a Mumbai dance bar.

Badshah Mohan Singh Matekar was arrested for selling his 15-year-old daughter for Rs 200,000 on August 31. Badshah sold his daughter to pay off his debts, police said.

A case was registered against four other people, including the girl's mother Salma Badshah Matekar and brother Satish Badshah Matekar, police said.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040125/world.htm

MAN HELD FOR SELLING DAUGHTER
KATHMANDU:
A father, who sold his daughter to a brothel in Kolkata, has been arrested in Palpa district in western Nepal, media report here on Saturday said. Indra Bahadur Darlami (45) of Bhuban Pokhari village was arrested this week after his 17-year-old daughter Amrita filed a case with the Palpa district police, Nepali language daily The Kantipur reported. Amrita, said she was rescued by Bidur Joshi, a Nepali serving in the Indian Army. ''My father, who was working in Kolkata, had taken me along to enrol me in a school. Instead he sold me to a brothel for Rs 30,000,'' she told the police. UNI

in todays world of women = men .. these things are still happening.. whats wrong wid the pple... its really really bad..

there cant be any reason good to do this

so for the debate .. how can this problem be solved...or   at least reducde ? why is this things happening? shouldnt there be a very strict punishment?

<

Edited by sangeetarangdal - 26 June 2007 at 2:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mermaid_QT

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "selling daughters" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:04am | IP Logged
i am glad that this came out and the girl had guts to complain, such people dont deserve to have kids. when you cannot take care of kids, then dont try to even bring the kids in the world, period. these kind of issues irritates me to heights Angry Angry Angry

Edited by raunaq - 26 June 2007 at 3:44am

Duha

Duha

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:22am | IP Logged
^^ you know what i think exactly the same! why does God give ppl like this children? they do not deserve children! how can u sell off ur own blood to ppl who u cant trust, who will ruin the life of ur child?! its awful n disgusting!

If u cant afford living, get a job!! y take out such big loans that u know u cant pay off!

If u r poor, ok i understand u cant afford living especially if u have a lot of children, butt why have so many children? u can not expect them to repay ur upbringing etc ..

u dont sell children for money!!! there has to be a strict punishment for both the seller n buyer!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:49am | IP Logged
^^^exact thoughts duha, i would love to have this guy infront of me Angry so that i can ask the same questions that you did Dead Dead Dead by the way welcome to DM Tongue

Edited by raunaq - 26 June 2007 at 3:51am

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:45am | IP Logged

(DeadEwwDeadEwwDeadEww) ^ 100

Disguting disgusting people Angry.

I really don't understand how someone can be so heartless Unhappy. How can one possible sell off someone who is a part of you, someone you gave birth to? One probably has to be really stone-hearted. The mothers have nothing to say in such scenarios or they help their husbands? Haven't really heard about a mother's involvement in such cases..

But as raunaq and Duha said, why give birth if you can not possibly afford their upbringing? Shayad galti ho gayi hogi Angry aur janm de diya... but at least put the poor girl in some decent orphanage from where she might find a family.. orphanage is not a great thing either but better then getting sold Ouch.

Again, disgusting people Angry. These people should die in the worst possible way...

Edited by rutumodi915 - 26 June 2007 at 7:46am

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:34am | IP Logged
I understand that poverty and misery makes people take such hate-worthy actions, yet when it comes to planning a family and not having children, they are all "Godly" and want to accept children as gift of God year after another? For what? To sell gifts of God to dance underclad to entertain some cheap humans?

Hypocrites! Angry Angry .. should be punished so severely that others will feel scrae before committing such acts.

Isn't dad suposed to be a girl's best friend in the whole world? Such news make me sad..

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutumodi915

Shayad galti ho gayi hogi Angryaur janm de diya... but at least put the poor girl in some decent orphanage from where she might find a family.. orphanage is not a great thing either but better then getting sold Ouch.

Again, disgusting people Angry. These people should die in the worst possible way...

galti, you call this a galti Angry Angry Angry everytime i hear such news i wished they were infront of me to smack them umpteen times, you cannot call this a mistake, people should use their common sense, no real parents would ever do this, and dont give the poverty as an excuse, make your coat within the given cloth Angry Angry Angry

Edited by raunaq - 26 June 2007 at 2:14pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top