Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I couldn't resist responding to this topic.

Firstly: Please do not personally attack anyone. We have ZERO TOLERANCE for that over here.

Now, Ndtvideas, I will respond to your original post:

[quote=]I am one of those few intellegient person , who does not waste time watching stupid televison serials on the idiot box.[/quote]

Since you are new to the forum, kindly get acquainted with the Forum Code of Conduct.

By calling yourself intelligent and implying that others (who watch TV serials) are stupid, you are attacking them personally. This is a debatable topic, but you must frame your arguments appropriately without insulting other members (most of whom watch TV serials on this forum) .

[quote=]All the soaps on all the channels (be it Sony ,Zee ,Star Plus , Sahara,etc ; not necessarily in that order)  are meant to brainwash gullible viewers .They corrupt the minds of the people.

They have only one intention ; to increase their TRPs ,

So , while the viewer desparately waits for something to happen , the channel drags the soaps for years on end , sometimes with stories so mundane & stupid , but the viewer still continues to watch the soap .The fact is that these serials are dragged for so long , that a story(or rather no-story) , which could be shown within 30 minutes is showed over a period of 30 weeks (if not more ) , with silly idiotic stuff .[/quote]

Agree completely. I do not watch soaps either due to the same reason. However, I do not try to enforce my "intellegient" views on other people!

[quote=]I have one simple question to whover watches these soaps ; What do you get by watching these soaps ?

I know some people if asked will give silly answers like they entertain us or help us relax , ...,but the fact is they serve no purpose .

It's sad to see that even educated people don't understand the logic behind running these serials , let alone illiterate people from rural areas.

The only gainer out of these trash serials are the people associated with it ; producres , directors , actors ,etc ; while the comman man watching this stands to gain nothing .

So , my intention is to get people to understand the reality & not get addicted to these rubbish stuff.

I hope , you will stop watching these soaps after reading this

[/quote]

I disagree that soaps serve no purpose whatsoever. Human beings are selfish by nature (its Economics!). We never do anything which does not give us satisfaction or happiness.

Just because your definition of "purpose" does not meet someone else's, it does not mean that you should set out to "educate" them and preach about what one could be doing instead of watching TV.

We are all different. There is beauty in diversity! If everyone did the same thing, life would be a bore and we would be robots!

Lets "live and let live", shall we?

ndtvideas thumbnail
If you go through my posts , you will find that I only personally attack on people who attack me in the first place .
Hope you get my point.
ndtvideas thumbnail
Hey indygirl,
According to me, I think the most dangerous people on this earth are the ones who are addicted to these trash soaps , as the minds of these people are corrupted by these stuff and they accept any illogical thing without applying reason to it .You never how much wierd can they get.
So should I say , *** 😡
What say u?

*** Edited by moderator. DO NOT PERSONALLY ATTACK ANOTHER USER *** Edited by sai14 - 18 years ago
sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ndtvideas

If you go through my posts , you will find that I only personally attack on people who attack me in the first place .
Hope you get my point.

In this forum, attacking a person even if they attack you is not allowed. Proper precautions are taken about every person who personally attacks another user. Let's not personally attack members and continue on a healthy discussion. And i would also like to remind you, this is debate. If you can stand a healthy debate, you need to be able to hear the other side's arguments withough attacking those who don't agree with you. That's called debate and being sportive. Hope you all get the point
msidhu thumbnail

Originally posted by: ndtvideas

Hope you get my point.

hmm not really cuz u started to attack people right from the beginning, which was on the start of this topic... no one attacked you before you gave ur little speech did they?  And you told people to go get something better to do in the "kkusum" section without any reason... so what about that??

Aparna_BD thumbnail
😊
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
heart*beat thumbnail
ye i dont agree with this person's view..cinema is very similar to tv in terms of story etc...so should we all stop watching movies aswell....i personally find serials quite entertaining and i am not ashamed to say it 😉
sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
*** Topic closed by moderator as there is no debate going on here except for insulting other people. I would like to remind everyone to read the code of conduct. Personally attacking another member and insulting them is not allowed. Under any circumstances you shouldn't attack the other person. ***