Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Immoral to preach what one lacks? (Page 7)

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Good one LH. But opnions are cheap... Look at DM ask for one advice and 100 view points will be presented.. so why wont you think its incorrect to advice unless you have established some credential... of some sort...I agree its not immoral....Smile

There is no such thing as incorrect advice...Wink It all depends on which side you are on..LOL

The reason teh author of "Men are from..." married a few times he wanted to confirm that with a close encounter of third kind... to validate his theory...LOLthats not immoral..LOL

Unintelligent Martian chasing Venuses...LOL

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by raj5000

Raj I think you are using the wrong word.. dont call it immoral... pose the question as, is it morally right for someone.. since immoral has altogether different connotation... Smile this bears on the conscience.... the other word takes you to your sinful world..... Smile perpetrated by your God and his nemesis the devil.... LOL

Well such actions are incorrect alrigh! IMO such actions are bond to go against person's conscienceness, No? . ummm mm may be u are right, but reading wikipedia for 10 minutes, haven't changed my mind WinkSmile

Morality is defined by human actions which could be right or wrong or good or evil.... How can a right or good advice be immoral just because the advice giver cannot achieve what he/she preaches.? If you are paying him to give you advice then as a professional he/she is doing their job.

Have heard mohavra that a shoemaker's soles will most likely have unfixed holes in them.Smile

i agree
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:32pm | IP Logged

Good one LH. But opnions are cheap... Look at DM ask for one advice and 100 view points will be presented.. so why wont you think its incorrect to advice unless you have established some credential... of some sort...I agree its not immoral....Smile

There is no such thing as incorrect advice...Wink It all depends on which side you are on..LOL... sure there is a lot if you are on the impacted end rather than imparting...LOL

The reason teh author of "Men are from..." married a few times he wanted to confirm that with a close encounter of third kind... to validate his theory...LOLthats not immoral..LOL

Unintelligent Martian chasing Venuses...LOL nah smart martian... just kddiin with innocent venusians...LOL

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:37pm | IP Logged

There is no such thing as incorrect advice...Wink It all depends on which side you are on..LOL... sure there is a lot if you are on the impacted end rather than imparting...LOL

Unintelligent Martian chasing Venuses...LOL nah smart martian... just kddiin with innocent venusians...LOL

Where? LOL Lemme find my glasses.Tongue

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged

Raj I think you are using the wrong word.. dont call it immoral... pose the question as, is it morally right for someone.. since immoral has altogether different connotation... Smile this bears on the conscience.... the other word takes you to your sinful world..... Smile perpetrated by your God and his nemesis the devil.... LOL

Well such actions are incorrect alrigh! IMO such actions are bond to go against person's conscienceness, No? . ummm mm may be u are right, but reading wikipedia for 10 minutes, haven't changed my mind WinkSmile

Morality is defined by human actions which could be right or wrong or good or evil.... How can a right or good advice be immoral just because the advice giver cannot achieve what he/she preaches.? If you are paying him to give you advice then as a professional he/she is doing their job.

Have heard mohavra that a shoemaker's soles will most likely have unfixed holes in them.Smile

Raj I think the word you want to use is moral hypocrisy...Smile

Not going with literal meaning, Morality is something that is not expectable by one's good conscience. It's the conscience that defines the actions to be moral or no, reason have stuck to pros, dealing with non materialistic aspects and I feel for people in question, once conscience give a knock knock asking " Sir, you advice / preach the whole world based on education or whatever, but interally u know thats right thing then why don't you imply the same to your life, am sad :( " Makes sense from conscience stand point and hence immoral, well I can take moral hypo. as alternative Wink 

Topping that with Mohavara - "Joh khud ka bhala nahi kar sakta woh dusoro ka kya khak bhala karega"

Your cobbler mohavara - expect the logical reasoning behind such acts that convinces self conscience more then peopleEmbarrassed.

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

Not going with literal meaning, Morality is something that is not expectable by one's good conscience. It's the conscience that defines conscience deosnt define right and wrong it merely makes you feel guilty about it... the actions to be moral or no, reason have stuck to pros, dealing with non materialistic aspects and I feel for people in question, once conscience give a knock knock asking " Sir, you advice / preach the whole world based on education or whatever, but interally u know thats right thing then why don't you imply the same to your life, am sad :( " Makes sense from conscience stand point and hence immoral, well I can take moral hypo. as alternative Wink this may not due to morality.. a person failing something over and over again sets his child on that path with the hope of vicarious success not immoral misleadin

Topping that with Mohavara - "Joh khud ka bhala nahi kar sakta woh dusoro ka kya khak bhala karega" thats not a morality question its a question of ability....

Your cobbler mohavara - expect the logical reasoning behind such acts that convinces self conscience more then peopleEmbarrassed.

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:54pm | IP Logged

Not going with literal meaning, Morality is something that is not expectable by one's good conscience. It's the conscience that defines conscience deosnt define right and wrong it merely makes you feel guilty about it... the actions to be moral or no, reason have stuck to pros, dealing with non materialistic aspects and I feel for people in question, once conscience give a knock knock asking " Sir, you advice / preach the whole world based on education or whatever, but interally u know thats right thing then why don't you imply the same to your life, am sad :( " Makes sense from conscience stand point and hence immoral, well I can take moral hypo. as alternative Wink this may not due to morality.. a person failing something over and over again sets his child on that path with the hope of vicarious success not immoral misleadin

Topping that with Mohavara - "Joh khud ka bhala nahi kar sakta woh dusoro ka kya khak bhala karega" thats not a morality question its a question of ability....

Bhai! I can still go on, but time doesn't permit - taking time off on the note " Kuch mey rahu, kya kahna hai, kya sunna hai.. mujho ko pata hai, tumho pata hai "

Thanks for responses All!

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:05pm | IP Logged

Bhai! I can still go on, but time doesn't permit - taking time off on the note " Kuch mey rahu, kya kahna hai, kya sunna hai.. mujho ko pata hai, tumho pata hai "

Thanks for responses All!

raj @ the ending.. LOL! 
i did not get your point from start till finish.  will chat with u sometime !

Go to top