Debate Mansion

Immoral to preach what one lacks? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:05pm | IP Logged

Thanks All for responses. Might come back to respond to views here, but would like to address this one first. Smile

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by raj5000

This thought came up after visiting my physician, who is major time overwieght and giving me lecture on being 2 pounds over.

Examples :

1. Investment suggestions by a person who himself if failure in investing.

2. Suggestions by less educated persons to people, to study more.

3. Relationship experts preaching on how to ensure a good relationship, while thier own personal life is in a mess.

Debate : Professionals preaching / lecturing pupils even if they lack to follow thier own principles, IMMORAL?

Immoral!!!!????? kyon bhai... bolne main kya harz hai... It can be incorrect not immoral....Smile.

LOL Kyon nahi bhai? No problems bolney mey but depends on who is boleing, did mention talking about professionals here not any or everybody - preaching or advising. Apart from professionals other advising is khacha libmu (in other words subjected to take it or take it, who cares)...

If you say it is incorrect, that is not a righteous action by pro. Not righteous is synonomous to being immoral. Chalo narrowing it more, cop enforces DUI. Off duty indulges in DUI, immoral? or per you incorrect?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Immoral to preach what one lacks? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

This thought came up after visiting my physician, who is major time overwieght and giving me lecture on being 2 pounds over.

Examples :

1. Investment suggestions by a person who himself if failure in investing. Nothing Immoral here. Worlds richest people are not Noble prize winners in economy. and more often then not your financial adviser has less money then you do..Wink

2. Suggestions by less educated persons to people, to study more. Well if one is not good at anything else then a degree is a hope for better future but not gauranty.

3. Relationship experts preaching on how to ensure a good relationship, while thier own personal life is in a mess. I believe the author of  "Men are form Mars and Women are from Venus" has been married few times.. He could be immoral..LOL

Debate : Professionals preaching / lecturing pupils even if they lack to follow thier own principles, IMMORAL?

To do something for oneself requires will power but to suggest the same thing or mentor someone requires willingness to help IMHO.. So it is not incorrect or immoral..

@ Bold red - not could, but it is and thats what am talking about.

When one cannot control his/her own will power what take he/she has got to suggest / mentor something that might involve will power. BTW - want to focus on professionals here, who continue following thier short comings and yet want to advise someone else on corrective actions.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by anon

lols Yeaahh we can listen to the advice, and educate ourselves for the better for next time, but doesnt mean we have to do as they say all the time LOL

And anyways what 2 pounds in todays worls, nothing...you cant be exactly ur taget weight. Same situation with my dad actually.. Fat doctor, telling my dad the same LOL Makes no sense in todays world, and do wht my dad does, in one ear and out the other. Wink

Maybe not immoral, maybe just plain stupid on their part.

Chalo i dunno, i never got lecture from anyone abt my health aprt from mum, and Physio. So i followed dad's way... Wink I listened, doesnt mean i did what they told me too Wink

@bold LOLLOL

Follow OR not to follow is upto who is getting advise. Am trying to say professionals giving advise, and not following it. I mean its fine if there is logical reason for it but otherwise Ouch. Doctors/Dentists/Cops/Professors/BaBa's naming are looked upon setting up examples not just earn.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:55pm | IP Logged

3. Relationship experts preaching on how to ensure a good relationship, while thier own personal life is in a mess. I believe the author of  "Men are form Mars and Women are from Venus" has been married few times.. He could be immoral..LOL

To do something for oneself requires will power but to suggest the same thing or mentor someone requires willingness to help IMHO.. So it is not incorrect or immoral..

When one cannot control his/her own will power what take he/she has got to suggest / mentor something that might involve will power. BTW - want to focus on professionals here, who continue following thier short comings and yet want to advise someone else on corrective actions.

It is not and I refuse to accept Smile.  Don't go to that person if you don't have faith! They are not immoral.  If they don't have the right education, then that would be illegal and immoral.  What happens in their homes is their business. If they give wrong advise to people due to any BITTERNESS they may harbour, then it is immoral.  Quacks with happy families who don't give correct advise are immoral Wink, not these people.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Raj I think you are using the wrong word.. dont call it immoral... pose the question as, is it morally right for someone.. since immoral has altogether different connotation... Smile this bears on the conscience.... the other word takes you to your sinful world..... Smile perpetrated by your God and his nemesis the devil.... LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

It is not and I refuse to accept Smile.  Don't go to that person if you don't have faith! They are not immoral.  If they don't have the right education, then that would be illegal and immoral.  What happens in their homes is their business. If they give wrong advise to people due to any BITTERNESS they may harbour, then it is immoral.  Quacks with happy families who don't give correct advise are immoral Wink, not these people.

Faith doesn't signfies right or wrong. ( off topic - Dawood uncle also have batallion of folks having faith in him). No question of faith or no faith, if forced to seek advise, in name of insurance coverage or legal matters. Given a choice, then something to think about.

Not questioning education / right /wrong - assuming advise is right, but not followed by him or herself.

This comment is on relationship pros - " What happens in thier home is thier business" Am not advising or poking nose in thier business, let person do whatever in world he/she likes - but don't come tell people how things have to be done right, when cannot him/herself implement it. Other hand, how will they know in first place what is right or wrong advise? when self report card shows more red then black numbers.

Imagine someone advising that non violence is best remedy to win a war, going home and beating his pets / someone else, Not immoral?

Thoses quacks are equally immoral Wink .

PS - Just spirit of dbt, truly no offense meant.Embarrassed

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

Raj I think you are using the wrong word.. dont call it immoral... pose the question as, is it morally right for someone.. since immoral has altogether different connotation... Smile this bears on the conscience.... the other word takes you to your sinful world..... Smile perpetrated by your God and his nemesis the devil.... LOL

Well such actions are incorrect alrigh! IMO such actions are bond to go against person's conscienceness, No? . ummm mm may be u are right, but reading wikipedia for 10 minutes, haven't changed my mind WinkSmile

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 6:46pm | IP Logged

Well such actions are incorrect alrigh! IMO such actions are bond to go against person's conscienceness, No? . ummm mm may be u are right, but reading wikipedia for 10 minutes, haven't changed my mind WinkSmile

Morality is defined by human actions which could be right or wrong or good or evil.... How can a right or good advice be immoral just because the advice giver cannot achieve what he/she preaches.? If you are paying him to give you advice then as a professional he/she is doing their job.

Have heard mohavra that a shoemaker's soles will most likely have unfixed holes in them.Smile

Raj I think the word you want to use is moral hypocrisy...Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top