Debate Mansion

Immoral to preach what one lacks? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 9

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Immoral to preach what one lacks? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sohn

sohn

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by sohn

AND...Im sorry Im goin off topic..but can anyone pl tell me if DM has a reference guide for all the abbreviations used while discussing for us newbiesz? Confused  I kinda figured out the IMOs and the IMHOs after some struggle but today I saw the sexiest one.....lbntl!?! Ermm ahem.... iwtcwist(I was totally confused when I saw that!)  

LOL...  we've all been there! LOLLOL  FWIW, here's a list :)  Thank me in PM if necessary, but lets not spam here since IMHO, it will be wrong.  I am being PC here.  LBNTL, i am just trying to follow forum rules.  j/k.

IMO - in my opinion
IMHO- in my honest opinion
FWIW- for whatever its worth
LBNTL- last but not the least
NVMD- never mind
PC- politically correct
PIC- politically incorrect
J/K - just kidding
MIA- missing in action
ttyl- talk to you later (used in PM)

thank you di. that really helped lol LOL

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:49am | IP Logged

It is not immoral to suggest someone on something.They might be doing that on the basis of experiences they had or the knowledge they aquire....which the suggested one may lack.... or is unaware of...

1. Reg finances... most of the times failed people are best advisors in this aspectLOL(becoz they know the worth of money)
  2. Reg health.....most of the times sick or unhealthy people are good at advising in health issues,because they know what it means not having good health.
  3. Reg education.... people(friends) with good nature who could'nt achieve their goals becoz of some mistakes ...become good edu-experts!!

However,it depends on the wisdom of the person who is taking the suggestion,if that person is not wise (he/she ) will mistake it as order and create mess!! Those type people should be left alone.....

Cheers,

Mythili

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I think there is a difference between preaching and advising. One should not preach what they don't practice. as far as advising is concerned, it could be based on the professional and/or life experiences. I think it's okay to advise someone not to do what you did and regretted later. I don't see anything wrong with that. Pravachans get on my nerves big time...specially when they are aimed to kill all the innocent fun one is having Wink LOL

lbntl, I agree with DB Doll.... LOL do what i say not what i do LOL

GD GMTA LOL.

Add to this.  As a parent or human being we all make mistakes and mostly learn from those mistakes.  It would be good to learn from other people's mistake when they are trying to advice you but there is a way of going about it.  All u can do is guide that is it.  People will only learn from their own mistakes.  And everyone is allowed to make some mistakes as life learning lessons.  Usually we can tell the difference when someone is advicing VS preaching IMHO Embarrassed

Now all those mistakes that we made with our kids I am not repeating them with my Dog  Embarrassed Wink LOL I have learn something from them Tongue

Edited by Dabulls23 - 26 June 2007 at 9:53am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:57am | IP Logged

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dabulls23

Now all those mistakes that we made with our kids I am not repeating them with my Dog  Embarrassed Wink LOL I have learn something from them Tongue

Kids were experimenting stage for the better upbringing of the dog? ROFL

I think an overweight Doc has the right to suggest weight loss LOL LOL LOL He might have a low metabolism. You never know the reason.

On a more serious note, I dont mind preaching. You're given two connected ears for a reason LOL Wink

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

This thought came up after visiting my physician, who is major time overwieght and giving me lecture on being 2 pounds over.

Examples :

1. Investment suggestions by a person who himself if failure in investing.

2. Suggestions by less educated persons to people, to study more.

3. Relationship experts preaching on how to ensure a good relationship, while thier own personal life is in a mess.

Debate : Professionals preaching / lecturing pupils even if they lack to follow thier own principles, IMMORAL?

Immoral!!!!????? kyon bhai... bolne main kya harz hai... It can be incorrect not immoral....Smile.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top