delightful girl synopsis/character sketch

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Here is our show of the fortnight

"DELIGHTFUL GIRL ..CHOON HYUANG"

Due to recent crackdown several shows have been taken off the websites and it will take a while before they are re-upped again. i took this opportunity to post the absolute classic show delightful girl this fortnight. i hope you willenjoy it as much as i have. all the links and character sketch will be up in few hours so be patient.

SYNOPSIS

This show is based on a folk tale "the legend on choon hyang". Choon hyung and mung ryung are two high school students who are different in every concievable way. the only thing that they have in common is thier mercurial temprament. Mung ryng has a crush on his neighbour chae rin while choon hyung dreams of making it big in accesories market. By a twist of fate they are forced to get married. thier lives change forever after that. while both of them love each other dearly. they are unsure of thier spouses feelings . Thier insecurity is further increased by chae rin , who decides that she wants mung ryong back and hak do byun , a multimillionare who falls for choon hyang. They come to terms with thier feelings and confess to each other a little to late. They become victims of a conspiracy leading to a tragic parting. Choon hyang vanishes from the scene leaving mung ryong heartbroken. he is determined to find her and get to the bottom of her disapperance. However even apart they yearn for each other and are completely devoted to each other. will fate ever give them a second chance??

CHARACTER SKETCH

CHOON HYANG :

the protagonist and the female lead of the show is sung choon hyung.she is smart (top student academically)high school student who is, gentle, poor, kind and sassy.She works hard to earn for her college money. She is also a budding and and talented accesories designer. In an attempt to save her hellion classmate mung ryong from trouble she lies. however the lie changes her life when she ends up marrying him because of it. She later falls in love with him completely. She however realises that he loves somebody else. in an attempt to see him happy , she seperates from him , not realising that he loves her just as much. She catches the eye of a multimillionaire talent agency director. despite all her attempts, he refuses to take no for an answer and becomes a integral part of her life. When mung ryong tries to win her back , she is convinced it is because of guilt and gratitude. By the time she realises his true feelings ,it is too late .Her love for mung ryong becomes her downfall when it becomes an instrument to manipulate her into giving up on mung ryong Choon hyang is ready to gamble anything , her life, her career and even her love to see mung ryong happy...will her love ever realise or will she spend her life pinning for her husband?

MUNG RYONG:

Mung ryung is a trouble child . He has a longtime crush on his neighbour chae rin. when his father moves to a small town namwon, he does not like it.his life gets further complicated when he is accused of a crime that he did not commit.his classmate choon hyang tries to help him but gets entangled in her lies and is forced to consider marrying him. When chae rin rejects him , he decides to make go ahead with marraige and make it work. Soon chae rin is back trying to win him back and he is caught between two women in his life. He realises a little too late that he has moved on and fallen for his quiet wife completely. He tries to make up by following her and doing everything in his power to win her back. He is quite sure that she loves him but then her behaviour flabbergasts him. unfortunately she interprets his true love as guilt and pity. To make things worse chae rin and byun (choon hyung's millionaire suitor) are constantly creating misunderstanding between the couple. Just when the things seem to become better , he is accused of an another crime and his wife walks out on him with hak do byun leaving him heartbroken . He lives in her memories hoping to see her again and yearning for her. will he he ever win her back?

CHAE RIN :

Chae rin was the nieghbour of Mung ryong.she is owner of a jewellery business . she is beautiful, rich, highly educated , petty,snobby and extremely manipulative and vengeful. She knows that mung cares for her but ignores him . when he confesses , she not only rejects him but also humiliates him. however later when she is dumped by her boyfriend and sees the loyalty and kindness of mung ryong , she decides she wants him back. It does not take her long to understand that mung loves his wife .She plays on the insecurity of choon hyung and indecision of mung ryong to create misunderstandings and drive them apart. when mung ryong finally takes a stand in favour of his wife, she teams up with lovesick hak do byun to make thier life hell. when she realises that mung would never return back to her , she vengefully decides that if she cannot have him neither will choon hyang and succeeds in seperating the couple forever.

HUK DO BYUN

Huk do byun is a director and driving force behind extremely successful talent agency. he is young,rich, smart,good looking , famous and a thorough gentleman though a little cynical. He keeps meeting choon hyang again and again by twist of fates. Eventually he falls for her simplicity and warm nature.When he finds out that mung ryong is in love with chae rin and the couple have seperated, he stands by choon hyung supporting her in everyway hoping that someday she will be able to reciprocate his deep love. Much to his surprise mung follows choon trying to win her back making him both mad and insecure. Despite choon's repeated warnings that she loves mung and only mung till eternity and he is setting himself up for heartbreak, he decides to wait for her. However when he sees mung succeeding in mending relationship with choon,he becomes desperate and begans to become a darker character. While initially he is as much a pawn in chae rin' s game as mung and choon...he finally ends up taking an unexpected stand leading to ultimate tragic parting of couple and heartbreak for everyone involved. will he ever become back the man he was and win choon's love??

REVIEW

There are very few asian shows, where i have never fastforwarded though a single episode and have actually revisited certain episodes again and again, this is one of them . through most of the show i have laughed and my eyes have teared along with the characters. in all honesty all the characters in this show are very well developed. mung ryong is one of the best asian male characters along with price shin, zhi shu and domyouji. he is vunerable even when he is being cocky. on the other hand this show has the most balanced female characters ever.she is sweet inspite of being strong. she is just right in every way without being obnoxious. she wins your heart when she looks at mung with all her love in her eyes. i think the only other female character i have liked as much has been makino(hyd series). you cannot hate the antogonist byun but pity him until he cocoots the ultimate conspiracy. his pain at unrequited love touches you. two characters that i hated here were chae rin (she is pure evil and reptilian, i wonder what mung saw in her to start with) and mung's mother (she either a simpleton or is selfish and snobby. once choon hyung has served her purpose she is ready to throw her out of mung's life. she completely blind to chae rin's motives and that makes me very mad at her). anyways i must saw this is a must watch show.

fav scenes (spoilers alert)

1) all the scenes where the couple meet after 7 years of seperation. i loved one where mung jumps off the roof of the a multistory in final episode behind choon in an attempt to save her. you wonder if they will die or survive the fall.

2) mung mad at choon when she wants to divorce him the first time

3)mung running madly after choon when she misunderstands after seeing him in hotel with chae rin

4) choon finally taking a stand and warning chae rin to stay away from her husband

5)mung printing shop run by married woman on the sign of thier business and choon screaming at all women that the part timer (mung ) is married. nice display of jealousy.

6)mung waiting for her at busstop

7)mung telling byun off multiple times and many others

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
I have seen this drama.its fantastic.u guys would definitely love it.commedy +rommance
thanks pj.. i ll definately watch it..
i skipped iswak, but will watch it. reminds me of goong..
royaljatti: whenever you are free ,...take time to see ISWAK. first few episodes might seem like as drag but the show is wonderful and the characters are very well developed. you can imagine its popularity by the fact that this is one of the most awaited sequel and its airing date has been changed twice owing to its director's and star's perfectionism.
Drama sounds good, I only got to see like 1epi of it...Soo busy with skool