Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Authors ,their characters and You (Page 9)

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by greatmaratha

I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

Some books worth reading -
The power of now - Eckhart Tolle
People Watching - Desmond Morris - very very interesting.
I am Right, You are wrong LOL by Edward De Bono
Dont sweat the small stuff - Richard Carlson (3 books)
Conversations with God - neale Donald Walsch.
The world is flat
Nemesis by Peter Evans (story of Aristotle and Jackie Kennedy)

Priya, I have read none of these.  I used to be a voracious reader before whatever shit happened .. and especially after IF happened, I don't even read medical exam reports :(..  You inspired me to read.  In few months, I would have read these instead of 25000 posts I hope.
Wassupppp  @ Greatmaratha?  nice but interesting ID.. Smile..

Edited by mermaid_QT - 06 July 2007 at 8:10pm
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:23pm | IP Logged

Hey Priya The "GreatMaratha" I love this id Tongue . Welcome to DM wi new and improved id Wink LOL

Edited by Dabulls23 - 06 July 2007 at 8:24pm
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

The world is flat

Priya, I have read none of these.  I used to be a voracious reader before whatever shit happened .. and especially after IF happened, I don't even read medical exam reports :(..  You inspired me to read.  In few months, I would have read these instead of 25000 posts I hope.
Wassupppp  @ Greatmaratha?  nice but interesting ID.. Smile..

Hey MQT, I quite relate to what u say.   IF changed my reading habits... and that affected me quite a bit...  and possibly the reason behind greatmaratha as wellTongue

Demons and Angels and Dan Brown raised a whole lot of questions in mind and thats got me now starting the "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".  Its interesting.

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Hey Priya The "GreatMaratha" I love this id Tongue . Welcome to DM wi new and improved id Wink LOL

Thanks DB Embarrassed  for the welcome and compliment Embarrassed 
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by s.priya

Originally posted by Gauri_3

hey.....in light fiction category....i mean the books that you can actually enjoy reading, put them down, and forget about them ..... any suggestions thereSmile

If you are not in a serious mood for reading, want some silly stuff to read to kill time, check out Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series.  It maps the life of a chronic shopoholic and her antics in the book are so hilarious, I found myself buying the whole collection and it is a great read!!  After reading it, for a whole week, I noticed that everytime I saw a sign of "Sale" or "Discount" or even a shop.... I would start laughing...

wow, sounds awesome.  will surely check her out.....then, may be, I can also laugh at sales and discounts instead of getting sucked by themLOL

Thanks for sharing, PriyaSmile

Hey Gauri, U should.  Becky, the central character of the story has long correspondence with her banker, regarding her overdraft facilities and the ingenious excuses she comes up with to get an increase in her limit, her going ga ga over an Angel handbag, and her shopping spree on her 11 month honeymoon are something else.

The questionnaire is too long to fill out, so taking a short cut here.  I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

The world is flat

GM ji(greatmaratha jiTongue)
It seems you are voracious reader!!!

Thanks for sharing

Wishes,

Mythili

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha_g

Shouldn't you introduce yourself in the welcome thread.Reminds me of the days when I first met greatmarathaWink

Thanks for the references. I am off for my vacation where this tip will come handy

greatmaratha was indeed a terrorLOL   I am sure I am going to like the transition into the devilish one LOL

Vacation Shocked  Some of those books are way too serious for a holiday!! except for the last one... its a racy book and great gossip material LOL  Royal Blood is also good...

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

Hey MQT, I quite relate to what u say.   IF changed my reading habits... and that affected me quite a bit...  and possibly the reason behind greatmaratha as wellTongue

Demons and Angels and Dan Brown raised a whole lot of questions in mind and thats got me now starting the "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".  Its interesting.

Demons & Angels, I read as well Big smile and in fact, I liked it more than Da Vinci code.  

Go to top