Debate Mansion

Authors ,their characters and You (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

What type of books do you read generally(fiction/non fiction)?  fiction Which is the wonderful book you have read till date?(the book which you really feel"yeah! this is a gem,I should suggest this to my friends) harry potter and the half blud prince, u gotta read it man its well gud Are influenced by any author and her/his idealogies? yea jk rowling, she made me realise if u keep trying u can go far, as she used be very poor and now, very very rich and successful Did it ever happen that u get influenced by a character in a book?? yea, loads of books, the influenced me and made me feel like i shud change and becum more confident, trust me i am a lot more confident than i used to be Do you map the any character of the book to you (unknowingly) ? yah all the time Is there any dream character in one of your fav books you like to see in reality or as your partner? id like to meet harry or dumbledore in reality but i dont want eitha of them as my partner Do books add confusuion or help you in learning things?  help me, im was rubbish at english literature until i started readin more
  1. Your top 5 fav books and 5 fav authors?

books:

harry potter and the philosophers stone

"        "          "       chamber of secrets

"        " & ;nbs p;        "       prisoner of azkaban

"        "          "       goblet of fire

"        "          "       order of the phoenix

"        " & ;nbs p;         "       half blood prince

authors:

jk rowling

jean ure

jaqueline wilson

roald dahl was gud for wen i was lil

bali rai is quite gud too i gess

i just read random buks i find really

Edited by sweet freedom - 05 July 2007 at 10:36am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Authors ,their characters and You (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

penguin man

penguin man

Most gripping topic ever, Hera Pheri Awa

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:33am | IP Logged

1. What type of books do you read generally(fiction/non fiction)?
    1. Non-fiction: I'm into realism and the facts.
  2. Which is the wonderful book you have read till date?(the book which you really feel"yeah! this is a gem,I should suggest this to my friends)
    1. Not so sure, I think the last book was Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". Actually, it was Sigmund Freud's biography, but only his experiments and the founding interested me.
  3. Are influenced by any author and her/his idealogies?
    1. Yes, Dan Brown's ideologies have affected me and made me question religion and the limits of it.
  4. Did it ever happen that u get influenced by a character in a book??
    1. Definitely. There were many characters whom I was  influenced by, but the only two I remember having a strong impact on me were Amir from Khaled Hosseini's book "The Kite Runner" and Walker from Chris Cutcher's "Stotan"
  5. Do you map the any character of the book to you (unknowingly) ?
    1. Yep, usually when I used to read the Hardy Boys mystery books. I visualized each detail of the book to make it exciting for myself.
  6. Is there any dream character in one of your fav books you like to see in reality or as your partner?
    1. No one specific. I usually chose the book if it was adventurous and I have yet to get a book which doesn't satisfy my adventurous needs.
  7. Do books add confusuion or help you in learning things?
    1. It can be both. If I read a factual book, I question everything. When I read Angels and Demons, I questioned the history of Catholicism and Christianity, and the more I read, the more the pieces started to scatter, but in the end, everything was in place.
  8. Your top 5 fav books and 5 fav authors?
    1. Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner
    2. The anonymous Franklin Dixon - Hardy Boys Series
    3. Chris Crutcher - Stotan!
    4. Dan Brown - Angels and Demons
    5. J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter series

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

hey.....in light fiction category....i mean the books that you can actually enjoy reading, put them down, and forget about them ..... any suggestions thereSmile

If you are not in a serious mood for reading, want some silly stuff to read to kill time, check out Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series.  It maps the life of a chronic shopoholic and her antics in the book are so hilarious, I found myself buying the whole collection and it is a great read!!  After reading it, for a whole week, I noticed that everytime I saw a sign of "Sale" or "Discount" or even a shop.... I would start laughing...

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by penguin man

1. What type of books do you read generally(fiction/non fiction)?
    1. Non-fiction: I'm into realism and the facts.

Which is the wonderful book you have read till date?(the book which you really feel"yeah! this is a gem,I should suggest this to my friends)
    1. Not so sure, I think the last book was Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". Actually, it was Sigmund Freud's biography, but only his experiments and the founding interested me.
    Are influenced by any author and her/his idealogies?
    1. Yes, Dan Brown's ideologies have affected me and made me question religion and the limits of it.
    Did it ever happen that u get influenced by a character in a book??
    1. Definitely. There were many characters whom I was  influenced by, but the only two I remember having a strong impact on me were Amir from Khaled Hosseini's book "The Kite Runner" and Walker from Chris Cutcher's "Stotan"
    Do you map the any character of the book to you (unknowingly) ?
    1. Yep, usually when I used to read the Hardy Boys mystery books. I visualized each detail of the book to make it exciting for myself.
    Is there any dream character in one of your fav books you like to see in reality or as your partner?
    1. No one specific. I usually chose the book if it was adventurous and I have yet to get a book which doesn't satisfy my adventurous needs.
    Do books add confusuion or help you in learning things?
    1. It can be both. If I read a factual book, I question everything. When I read Angels and Demons, I questioned the history of Catholicism and Christianity, and the more I read, the more the pieces started to scatter, but in the end, everything was in place.
    Your top 5 fav books and 5 fav authors?
      Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner The anonymous Franklin Dixon - Hardy Boys Series Chris Crutcher - Stotan!
    1. Dan Brown - Angels and Demons
    2. J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter series

Nice to know about your views and your favourite books Penguin Man ji!!

Nice to hear your matured views once in a while in DM! Hope you share your knowledge more with us in DM!!

Wishes,

Mythili

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet freedom

[QUOTE=mythili_Kiran]
  1. Are influenced by any author and her/his idealogies? yea jk rowling, she made me realise if u keep trying u can go far, as she used be very poor and now, very very rich and successful

Hmm! I too like JK Rowling!! She is a revoltution in Books World,she revived the interest in books among children and adults!!!Smile

Is there any dream character in one of your fav books you like to see in reality or as your partner? id like to meet harry or dumbledore in reality but i dont want eitha of them as my partner

Hmm! Dumbledore is my favourite character of Harrypotter series!!!! Wonderful principal ....

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

hey.....in light fiction category....i mean the books that you can actually enjoy reading, put them down, and forget about them ..... any suggestions thereSmile

If you are not in a serious mood for reading, want some silly stuff to read to kill time, check out Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series.  It maps the life of a chronic shopoholic and her antics in the book are so hilarious, I found myself buying the whole collection and it is a great read!!  After reading it, for a whole week, I noticed that everytime I saw a sign of "Sale" or "Discount" or even a shop.... I would start laughing...

wow, sounds awesome.  will surely check her out.....then, may be, I can also laugh at sales and discounts instead of getting sucked by themLOL

Thanks for sharing, PriyaSmile

Hey Gauri, U should.  Becky, the central character of the story has long correspondence with her banker, regarding her overdraft facilities and the ingenious excuses she comes up with to get an increase in her limit, her going ga ga over an Angel handbag, and her shopping spree on her 11 month honeymoon are something else.

The questionnaire is too long to fill out, so taking a short cut here.  I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

Some books worth reading -
The power of now - Eckhart Tolle
People Watching - Desmond Morris - very very interesting.
I am Right, You are wrong LOL by Edward De Bono
Dont sweat the small stuff - Richard Carlson (3 books)
Conversations with God - neale Donald Walsch.
The world is flat
Nemesis by Peter Evans (story of Aristotle and Jackie Kennedy)

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top