Debate Mansion

Authors ,their characters and You (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jasunap

Originally posted by TallyHo

I think Arundhati Roy gave it all to that book...thats why till date she hasnt come out with her next book... Big smile but I have heard she is working on it now!!

I read Kiran Desai's " A loss of inheritance " recently... she writes well but unlike GOST..her plot doesnt have the tightness...and the end is left hanging very loose... Confused

I am also reading Vikram Chandra's " Sacred games" ...it is like an RGV movie plot but better because u dont have to see RGV's interpretation of it...its a must for all Bombay and Bollywood lovers...ekdum jhakaas! Big smile

I started Vikram Seth's " A suitable Boy " around November last year...I am still lurking around the 800th page or so...ppl who have read it can u advise what is the best way to hold the mammoth book for someone who likes reading lying in bed???Tongue

forget it tallyho...suitable boy is one book that cannot be held while lying in bed.  you can do what i did. put the book on your pillow and lie on your stomach and read it!!!LOLLOL

have you read vikram seth's
The Golden Gate: A Novel in Verse.  that is fav. !! and you can read it lying down....

will try doing that !!! thanks..."The golden gate" will have to wait...lemme finsih  "A Suitable Boy" first!!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Authors ,their characters and You (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:27am | IP Logged
So all like "A Suitable Boy", i realy enjoyed that book Smile

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

sorry believe, i found the book too tedious and prosiac and long winded.  way too verbose for my liking!!!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:22am | IP Logged

sorry believe, i found the book too tedious and prosiac and long winded.  way too verbose for my liking!!!

I found it too long as well. Not satisfied as I had heard many good things about it and it ended up being "much ado about nothing".

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

I found it too long as well. Not satisfied as I had heard many good things about it and it ended up being "much ado about nothing".

But its the one of the good book f Vikram seth's Smile

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:39am | IP Logged
again i dont agree.... i like his golden gate much much more.... LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:17am | IP Logged

again i dont agree.... i like his golden gate much much more.... LOL

I agree with you Jaya.  I rarely have trouble completing any book.  A suitable boy was with me for months and find it too verbose. 
It is a good book but would pick Golden gate much more.  

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:18am | IP Logged
The art of motorcycle maintnance is another of my favorite books, I forgot to add. I had a little difficulty finishing that one also, but it left its mark at the end of it none the less. Smile Great book!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top