Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

that's what i felt when i read anna karenina by tolstoy.  i read it half way thru last year...abhi tak poora padhna haiπŸ˜†

shweetie pie, most people do find tolstoy and even thomas hardy verbose.  though i loved jude the obscure and tess of d'ubervilles, i found the return of the native by hardy  maddeningly verbose!!  another author i absolutely think is wonderful is dostovsky..but again he is soooooooooo long winded in his narration....

Originally posted by: jasunap

shweetie pie, most people do find tolstoy and even thomas hardy verbose.  though i loved jude the obscure and tess of d'ubervilles, i found the return of the native by hardy  maddeningly verbose!!  another author i absolutely think is wonderful is dostovsky..but again he is soooooooooo long winded in his narration....

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† personally, i would settle down for grisham any day over some of the heavy duty literal authors.....grisham, patterson, sidney sheldon...the list goes on and onπŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

kis key uper hans rahi hai jaya.....gauri key😑....πŸ˜†

jasunap thumbnail

kis key uper hans rahi hai jaya.....gauri key😑....πŸ˜†

absolutely...main to usiko jaanti hoon...usike saath liberties le sakti hoon...waise bhi woh meri woh hai πŸ˜‰..lekin aap kyon yeh saara sawaal kar rahe hain????

absolutely...main to usiko jaanti hoon...usike saath liberties le sakti hoon...waise bhi woh meri woh hai πŸ˜‰..lekin aap kyon yeh saara sawaal kar rahe hain????

πŸ˜† because I am reading my fav author...Jaya...hereπŸ˜†.....🀣@ woh meri woh haiπŸ˜†

hey.....in light fiction category....i mean the books that you can actually enjoy reading, put them down, and forget about them ..... any suggestions there😊

jasunap thumbnail

πŸ˜† because I am reading my fav author...Jaya...hereπŸ˜†.....🀣@ woh meri woh haiπŸ˜†

hey.....in light fiction category....i mean the books that you can actually enjoy reading, put them down, and forget about them ..... any suggestions there😊

hey shweetie, i will suggest some authors like george mikes...he is hilarious. you must try reading some of the old books of victoria holt...there is mystrey, murder and romance in them...books like shivering sands, the serpent woman, legend of the seventh virgin, night of the seventh moon...they are all interesting...romantic and has a touch of crime to it..., check these out...will tell you more as i remember them...

mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

I agree with you Jaya.  I rarely have trouble completing any book.  A suitable boy was with me for months and find it too verbose. 
It is a good book but would pick Golden gate much more.  

really, i am surprised to hear this.  i loved it.......i read it while i was in india and it was awesome.  some parts were too verbose as you said but i just scanned those.

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
A suitable boy was written on a lazy summer afternoon...bahut aaram se...koi jaldi nahi thi Vikram Seth ko...thats why he goes on and on...but there is something in that book...an old world charm...which makes me pick it up ( and believe me thats a task πŸ˜ƒ ) again and again...I am determined to finish this one... πŸ˜›

Talking of fiction...I havent been able to read a Robert Ludlam till date! 😳
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Now i start.....Harold Robbins 'The Secret"πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

jasunap thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Now i start.....Harold Robbins 'The Secret"πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

what are you starting??? a secret??? or a fiction????πŸ˜†