Page 1
Page   of 2

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 6:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Duha

welcome back!

i think abortion cant really be justified! its an own personal decision. God forbid, but when u go through the phase of pregnancy and ur in the scanning room being told ur child is so badly abnormal that if u give it birth it will die soon - its someting u dont want to hear!

its the most painful, heart aching moment in any1s life having to abort ur child when u had seen so many dreams for it, u had imagined such a beautiful life with it, ur small little family - and that one news has shattered everything! ur beautiful baby, a part of ur body is going to leave u - ughh u just dont want to b in that situation

yes u can b brave and go through the 9 months knowing how ur baby is and that it doesnt have a future that u had imagined for it! it wont survive long, and the society wont accept it normal! or abort it and pray to God to give u another chance! its very difficult! aborting a child isnt being selfish - if u cant look after the baby, if ur emotionally not perfect, then its best to end it coz u wont b giving it the life it deserves!

this topic for me is difficult coz iv been through it! i was pregnant and i was so happy when i had gone to the hospital for a scan but the result wasnt what i wanted to hear- im not sure what the condition medically was called but my baby didnt have a head to cover its brain at 15 weeks - which meant most likely either it was going to be born very abnormal with a very short span life (1hr) or that i was going to miscarriage putting my life in danger. I had no choice my husband wasnt going to put my life in danger n neither were my parents - i was in a shock mode to say anything andd still today i got this fear in my heart on trying again - its something that stays with u and haunts u - it makes u think y God can give healthy children to ppl who dont deserve it.

its a very hard topic to discuss! unless u know som1 or have been through it - u cant say its right or wrong!

Completely agreed with you Duha.. it is really a very sensitive topic and someone who has gone through it will know how it feels. I am sorry to hear about your experience and pray to god that you have a healthy baby in the near future. Embarrassed

I can understand your fear of taking a chance again as me too have and am experiencing the same fear. I had a miscarriage last year because the fetus had some problem (which we came to know later on by doing a test on fetus) and guess god took the decision in his own hands that time, otherwise, I would had to go through what you had to, in taking one of the toughest decision. Then also, it was very very painful experience to go through the process of detaching the fetus from me. I still sometimes remember that time and it makes me sad & cry. I can completely understand from where you and your fear is coming from. The fear of baby being normal in next preg is something which weights heavily on us. We can only pray to god and take every precautions (pre tests and medicines) before conceiving.

I also agreed with the bolded red part....

I wish you a healthy and safe pregnancy in future. May God Be With You.. and give you strength... Take Care.. sweta Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I am íNORMALí (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Its indeed tough to decide.

One hand, you must consider that the child with deformities, will for as long as it is able to live, bear the pain of the deformities. Eg:- downs syndrome. Mental retardation etc. Such a child, despite all the love of the parents, would it ever be a normal child, be able to play, read, write etc.

But as I write this, my mind recollects a distant cousin who was told that her baby would be born with a heart ailment, something to do with the valve, which is incurable and it would be a miracle if she lived. The parents did not give up hope and the first six years of her life was the most traumatic for the parents. The amount of surgeries performed on that child was more than that performed on all members of our extended families and our neighborhood. Today, that child is hale and yes, she is not beautiful, but she is the backbone of her parents.

I think its a difficult choice to make!!!!

Duha

Duha

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Completely agreed with you Duha.. it is really a very sensitive topic and someone who has gone through it will know how it feels. I am sorry to hear about your experience and pray to god that you have a healthy baby in the near future. Embarrassed

I can understand your fear of taking a chance again as me too have and am experiencing the same fear. I had a miscarriage last year because the fetus had some problem (which we came to know later on by doing a test on fetus) and guess god took the decision in his own hands that time, otherwise, I would had to go through what you had to, in taking one of the toughest decision. Then also, it was very very painful experience to go through the process of detaching the fetus from me. I still sometimes remember that time and it makes me sad & cry. I can completely understand from where you and your fear is coming from. The fear of baby being normal in next preg is something which weights heavily on us. We can only pray to god and take every precautions (pre tests and medicines) before conceiving.

I also agreed with the bolded red part....

I wish you a healthy and safe pregnancy in future. May God Be With You.. and give you strength... Take Care.. sweta Smile

Hey thanks!!!.. exactly only ppl that have gone through this pain can understand how difficult it is. the feeling when i had abortion was awful - i really didnt understand how women can willingly abort there child - its horrible, the most humiliating experience in life! and when u feel ur baby leaving u, its heartbreaking!

Im sorry to, to hear abt ur experience. its tough when u find out ur pregnant n see so many dreams - n then ur little baby leaves u! u think yyy? y me, what did i do wrong? I pray we both recover from r loss n r blessed with healthy beautiful children! When my test results came, everything was totally healthy, they just couldnt understand y it happened. I have been told im healthy, i can try again but im just toooo scared.

I was 4 months pregnant - and in those 4 months i had come very attached to my child - i was like 5 months away. it makes me sad thinking abt my experience. my husband doesnt understand why i think abt that time, but how can i explain what i lost n my fear of trying again. 

what if i cant have healthy babies - waht if it happens again - i know u should think positive but its something that will trouble me throughout my 9months - iv been advised my by Peer Saab not to have any scans or anything in my next pregnancy - which is going to b even hard for me- but i am going to b strong n whatever happens il accept it from God!

I will InshaAllah keep u in my prayers!! I wish you a healthy and safe pregnancy in the future too!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top