Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals?

Well, have apart from debateable question above few more questions

1. Getting married in court and throwing a party for loved ones justifiable as compared to big shaow shaa thng?

2, Getting married as per societal norms - doesn't it is, more of soceital obligations rather personal commitments..

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?

Edited by raj5000 - 22 June 2007 at 10:46pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who bears the marraige expenses?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
i like this post LOL LOL LOL this sound something similar to dowry LOL LOL LOL will come back later

Edited by raunaq - 22 June 2007 at 10:56pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals?I think now a days, Parents dont have to spend much, cos all have job and other incomes.....but some parents ready to spend..its their wish...their daughter or son's marriage...they happy to spend their money...its not big probs.

1. Getting married in court and throwing a party for loved ones justifiable as compared to big shaow shaa thng?

Life main ek baar hota hey marriage(80% ppl's in india) .......soooo let them enjoy

2, Getting married as per societal norms - doesn't it is, more of soceital obligations rather personal commitments..

All want to marry as per societal norms....some cases some obligations  happen....In india we give value to relationship...

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?--Every parents want to do some good things to their children, some have money to spend, some parents dont have.......its indian custom, A jobless girl's marriage who spend money ?? so dont think seperatly, These type of thinking make oldage homes ..just love our parents....

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
LOL
Originally posted by raj5000

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals? I will try and see if Ram mukherji;s agrees to bear some expenses...LOL

Well, have apart from debateable question aove few more questions

1. Getting married in court and throwing a party for loved ones justifiable as compared to big shaow shaa thng?.. no i wanna show everybody i am getting married.. about 400-800 people

2, Getting married as per societal norms - doesn't it is, more of soceital obligations rather personal commitments..right...

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?...because they birth to the bride and groom...

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

i like this post LOL LOL LOL this sound something similar to dowry LOL LOL LOL will come back later

Nah its not dowry, perhaps girls would defend dowry, but marriage celebration they don't mind.

My presonal though - have a simplae marraige tihe few attendies, rest all dough should go in future investments on newly married :)

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals?I think now a days, Parents dont have to spend much, cos all have job and other incomes.....but some parents ready to spend..its their wish...their daughter or son's marriage...they happy to spend their money...its not big probs.

Life main ek baar hota hey marriage(80% ppl's in india) .......soooo let them enjoy

All want to marry as per societal norms....some cases some obligations  happen....In india we give value to relationship...

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?--Every parents want to do some good things to their children, some have money to spend, some parents dont have.......its indian custom, A jobless girl's marriage who spend money ?? so dont think seperatly, These type of thinking make oldage homes ..just love our parents....

Omg you are funny.. LOL as read I feel Individuals should be responsible of marraige... big celebration or small doesn't matter, right :)

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals?

ClapClapGreat topic Anshu.  Up  until few years back the girl's family used to bear expenses.  However, I see increasingly it is the marrying individuals who decide about expenses and share the cost in some way.  I think we are now following the western society and modern day expenses.

We have also seen that in lieu of presents, the couple ask for money.  A lot of times they have showers or "socials".  The socials are a big thing here in my Province.  The couple sell tickets for such events and provide food.  There is also a raffle sometimes.  It is a way of having some extra cash to pay for wedding expenses.

Some couples do indeed just get married in Court and then just throwing a party to immediate family and friends. 

Yes it is more of a social obligation for a lot of times the couple donot even know all the guests as they are friends of family etc.  I feel some couples would prefer a small traditional wedding and save the money towards a home and appliances etc.  Big weddings are obligations because the parents feel they have to invite so and so as they had gone to someone else's son or daughter's wedding.

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?

The parents still pay for the major part but they donot have to.  I know few close friends who already are planning their own wedding and if the parents insist they have asked for help towards a home or something else.  It is not fair that parents have to pay for the entire wedding but they can help out, both sides, for paying part of the cost i.e. reception.

Once again, great topic Anshu.ClapClap

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

I promised my self to be serious today, but u cracked me up LOL back to ur responses

Originally posted by qwertyesque

LOL

Who bears the marraige expenses? Girls folks / Guy'd folk OR marrying individuals? I will try and see if Ram mukherji;s agrees to bear some expenses...LOL - I think rani earns good to facilitate the whole proceedings, orelse a simple marriage should be hard for anyone to bearWink

Well, have apart from debateable question aove few more questions

1. Getting married in court and throwing a party for loved ones justifiable as compared to big shaow shaa thng?.. no i wanna show everybody i am getting married.. about 400-800 people Lols benefit?

2, Getting married as per societal norms - doesn't it is, more of soceital obligations rather personal commitments..right...

3. Why parents have to pay for marraiges?...because they birth to the bride and groom... ohh come on, raise them- educate and after 18 be responsible to get them married.. isn't that toooooo much.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top