Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 9:39am | IP Logged

If they're released at the same time, say Yuva Ayitha Ezhitu, then it's equal... But i do tend to have a liking to some songs in tamil, some in hindi..

But if the song came out first in tamil like Alaipayuthe, and then hindi (saathiya) then i prefer tamil, as it's already grown on me...

Cheeni kum is good, Mauna Ragam is eternal!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Theme: Regional Songs!! (Page 2)" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:38am | IP Logged

well original will always remian eternal.

like many pointed out manram vantha thendral sung by SPB was eternal while chenni kum ai sung by shreya is good but I found the original more eternal coz I heard that first and that song was a blockbuster and all time hit in tamil

It all depends on which ones u hear first , all those who have heard alaipayuthe would find that eternal compared to Sathiya which came much later and had the same songs.

There was a song in tamil called ilaya nila ..........now the same song was copied in Hindi and it was the all time hit Neele Neele ambar par....and for me the original in tamil sounded better mainly coz I listened to that first and it had already grown on me.

There are many many more, I cant tell you how many songs in tamil have been copied in Hindi but it all depends on which one I hear first like I liked Yuva more than azhutha ezhuth coz I listened to it first.

The same goes for scenes too

the famous kadhalika neram illai ............was remade in hindi ( I forgot the movie name) but there was a scene in it which had mehmood narrating a horror story to his father which was very very famous but I found the original muchmuch better which had Nagesh enacting the scene with Ballaya.

The same goes for the movie Padosan which was a scene to scene ciopy from the telugu movie which was made in tamil next and then in Hindi later on. I have seen the tamil version  . The tamil one was called " Adutha veetu penn" which means "Next House neightbour"and once again I liked the original more coz it has grown on me.

Conclusion : originals are always eternal but it all depends on which ones u hear first.

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tina59

the famous kadhalika neram illai ............was remade in hindi ( I forgot the movie name) but there was a scene in it which had mehmood narrating a horror story to his father which was very very famous but I found the original muchmuch better which had Nagesh enacting the scene with Ballaya.

I agree!!! i love that movie in tamil and i saw the scene in hinid and it was nothing when compared to the original scene by nagesh and balaih! its an all time comedy scene and the movie is just as wonderful as well Embarrassed

and also, no entry was actually a remake of a low budget tamil movie (i think its called charliue chaplin) and since i saw the tamil one first na, i lyked it much much better than no entry!

shaz81

IF-Rockerz

shaz81

Posted: 24 June 2007 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Great post i like the Rajasthani flavoured Nimbooda from Hum dil de chuke sanam but some one played me the original Rajasthani folk song and even though I'm a Punjabi born and bought up in UK i was hooked.

I also like my Punjabi folk music the most recent being the Kareena item song its rocking i love the original and its rocking is cool but is missing the masala of the original i think !!!!!

like i said before great post and I'll be back with some more Punjabi folk songs.

Sharan XXX

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 25 June 2007 at 9:34am | IP Logged
the other song in cheeni kum " baatein hawa" is also a copy from ilayaraja's own song from the movie "mella thirandhadu kadavu" kuzhal oodum kannankku"...where both the original and the copy are good!!!

prerna1979

prerna1979

Posted: 25 June 2007 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

Originally posted by coolniyu

although loads of exceptions r there example cheeni kum...and those that are simultaneously made in 2 languages r fine example yuva/ayudha ezhuthu songs..

actually i agree! they are done keeping the language in mind nd dats y i lyk d original one better... bt in simultaneous ones i lyk the tamil better... lyk yuva/ayudha ezhuthu, alaipayudhe/saathiya... and that vande maatharam by rahman i luv the tamil one much better than the hindi one!!!!

springdale

springdale

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

Sometimes original sometimes the Hindi version, depends on how the tune is adopted in Hindi.

A lot of hindi music (both old and recent) are adopted from bengali songs, sometimes both the versions composed by the same composer, sometimes its adopted by another composers.

Such as the song " Dil mein ho tum" by Bappi Lahiri. This track is originally from a bengali movie called "Amar Sangi" the sonag was "Chirodini tumi je amar" ofcourse here the Hindi version is better (in my opinion), mainly because of the lyrics.

Now when the Tagores song are used in hindi in most of case its a mess. (off course everyone dont have the capability to handle the composition of of an nobel lauriate)

For example : Bandhan Khula Panchhi uda ( Yug Purush) is a pathetic hindi version of the wellknow Tagore's  song " Pagla hawar Badar dine"

But the song "Chho kar mere man ko kiya tune kiya ishara" is adopted from the tagore's song " Tomar holo suru amar holo sara tomay amay mile emni bohe dhara" its an excellent adoption.

Also the song of Gangstar "Na jane koyi" is from the song " Bhebe dekhechho ki" of the bengali band Mohiner ghoraguli, by Goutam Haldar is another good adoption.

So....depends on how the tune is adopted in Hindi.

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:23am | IP Logged
most of salil choudhury compositions are remade in hindi, and then in tamil and malayalam all salil da himself. and the bengali versions somehow sound more lilting than that others...though they are just as lovely.

on the other hand when they adapt many a song into hindi from their vernacular versions, the lyrics dont really sit well with the tune... and that kills the music. like the song chinna chinna aasai in roja and the translated version as dil hai chota sa.....the meaning is different...just listening to the first line...makes you think that the heroine is not large hearted!!! LOL LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top