Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 7:54pm | IP Logged

Namaste! Vanakkam! Kashiaye!

Arey, arey arey.... dariye mat, doston!!Wink

Our last week of IF's Music Month is something definitely for ALL of you to look forward to --

This week, we salute the composers of various dialects in music... whether it be... Bengali,Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, and more!!

Love to listen to your favourite songs from your region, with singers such as Chitra, Hariharan, Unni Krishnan, and more?

Be prepared to watch out for discussions, topics, fun, and shows this week with these regional songs....

And to start off, here's a question for all of YOU to think about --

If the same song is originally in _______ [insert regional language] and then later on in Hindi, which do you prefer? The original version or the newer one?

Do post your thoughts here - we'd love to see them!!Tongue

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 22 June 2007 at 7:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cuteladyNishthascarlettebluenidhi2013

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Theme: Regional Songs!!" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
it is out of the CC now.

who didn't move it?? Angry Angry Angry

great post Ammmu! Tongue

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 12:50am | IP Logged

wow! regional songs! this is great news cos i'm a huge tamil film songs addict!Big smile

anyways, the answer to the question :

If the same song is originally in  tamil and then later on in Hindi, which do you prefer? The original version or the newer one?

i'd say i like both. say the title song from Cheeni Kum. It is the remake of the evergreen tamil song 'Manjam Ulla Thendraluku' from maniratnam's Mouna Ragam.Smile i simply loved SP Balasubramaniam's voice in the original tamil version & it was an evergreen sad song. always brought me tears whenever i heard it.

the latest hindi version/remake sung by shreya ghoshal however gives me the feeling of happiness. the light chirpy way she croons out the song is a real treat & a a vast difference to SPB sorrowful baritone.Tongue

to me, if a song is remade in another language from the original one, i always end up liking both the songs. lols!LOLLOL

great post ammmu! i'm looking forward to a monthful of my fav regional songs. hurrah!DancingDancing

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 4:28am | IP Logged
vanakkam! vanakkam!LOL

a month of my favie songs im gonna enjoy it very much..

and yea the example i was gonna give was same as jigglypuff gaver, the mauna ragam song... i loved that song of mauna ragam and i dont like it sung in hindi all that much... i liked SPBs voice Embarrassed..

well for me if a tamil song ka tune is in hindi na i end up lyking the hindi one cos i dunt understand d lyrics nd d tamil lyrics if i understud na, if they are vulgur i hardly lyk d song

but the recents songs of the movie Mozhi has wonderful lyrics and those songs are the ones iw ould never want remade in hindi!!!

Edited by ~Sirius*Ysh~ - 23 June 2007 at 9:03am

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 6:40am | IP Logged
aww thts gr8 i dont listen much but still love some tamil music Embarrassed sivaji rocks LOL

well for me i always prefer original language whatever it may be Tongue bcos theyre made keeping the language in mind to transfer them is silly Confused

although loads of exceptions r there example cheeni kum...and those that are simultaneously made in 2 languages r fine example yuva/ayudha ezhuthu songs..Big smile

prithvi lover

IF-Rockerz

prithvi lover

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 7:07am | IP Logged
hey kool!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:40am | IP Logged
If the same song is originally in Sindi [insert regional language] and then later on in Hindi, which do you prefer? The original version or the newer one?

Well i love to regional languages living in pak, that is punjabi and sindhi. So im taking sindhi since im a sindhi. Well i always prefer the original version bec watever u do, original remains originals. Embarrassed

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolniyu

although loads of exceptions r there example cheeni kum...and those that are simultaneously made in 2 languages r fine example yuva/ayudha ezhuthu songs..

actually i agree! they are done keeping the language in mind nd dats y i lyk d original one better... bt in simultaneous ones i lyk the tamil better... lyk yuva/ayudha ezhuthu, alaipayudhe/saathiya... and that vande maatharam by rahman i luv the tamil one much better than the hindi one!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top