Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

Even if you cannot get along with your mom-in-law, walking out of the house is legally loaded against you

Saas vs Bahu: Unequal battle

Even if you cannot get along with your mom-in-law, walking out of the house is legally loaded against you
A recent High Court judgement allowed the husband divorce on the grounds of 'desertion' by the wife.

What if a wife moves out of her husband's home because her mother-in-law has made life unbearable for her?

Question: Is this judgement justified?

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1105045

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saas Vs. Bahu - Unequal battle?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Rutu Great topic with interesting Article.

My first question is why a married son is living with his parents????? This would not be happening if married couple was living by themselves. No MIL would be blamed and Couple would have to make the marriage work. Also No woman walks out of marriage on a whim Embarrassed There is more to this story than meets the eye.

My thought on this is may be MIL and Husband wants to get rid of DIL so all drama forcing her to walk out.

I read the article and agree with some of the points made by the celebs.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 21 June 2007 at 1:42pm

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
in this case i'm going to say that something is definitely up........we are not being told the whole story. i totally agree with what dabulls23 has said about MIL and husband wanting to get rid of the wife.

but sometimes the DIL is just as much at fault if not more. i have an aunt who treats her MIL like dirt and the poor woman just sits there and takes it. the son doesnt say a word.........he's whipped!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Rutu Great topic with interesting Article. My first question is why a married son is living with his parents????? This would not be happening if married couple was living by themselves. No MIL would be blamed and Couple would have to make the marriage work. Also No woman walks out of marriage on a whim Embarrassed There is more to this story than meets the eye. My thought on this is may be MIL and Husband wants to get rid of DIL so all drama forcing her to walk out. I read the article and agree with some of the points made by the celebs.

Clap Clap Clap well said, i echo your thoughts db, na rahega baans aur na bajegi bansuri, let the couples live alone, they will be liable for their own mistakes, dont bring sasu maa or bahu tantrums in between.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

Rutu Great topic with interesting Article. My first question is why a married son is living with his parents????? This would not be happening if married couple was living by themselves. No MIL would be blamed and Couple would have to make the marriage work. Also No woman walks out of marriage on a whim Embarrassed There is more to this story than meets the eye. My thought on this is may be MIL and Husband wants to get rid of DIL so all drama forcing her to walk out. I read the article and agree with some of the points made by the celebs.

Clap Clap Clap well said, i echo your thoughts db, na rahega baans aur na bajegi bansuri, let the couples live alone, they will be liable for their own mistakes, dont bring sasu maa or bahu tantrums in between.

Thanks Raunaqwa Embarrassed Tongue

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

My first question is why a married son is living with his parents????? This would not be happening if married couple was living by themselves.

I think its the joint-family system, hence the reason. Agree with you, Dabulls, both parties have a different ways of living, and apart, there is lesser chance of quarell.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ftm_ca

My first question is why a married son is living with his parents????? This would not be happening if married couple was living by themselves.

I think its the joint-family system, hence the reason. Agree with you, Dabulls, both parties have a different ways of living, and apart, there is lesser chance of quarell.

Once in topic abt Joint family or Nuclear family my view was having nuclear family but joint family at a reachable distance.  Win-win situation for parents as well as for married couple. Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top