IF-Rockerz

* ~ Roshni ~ *

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Missed call!
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   June 21, 2007

Neetu Chandra misses being SRK's gal

Losing Out: Neetu Chandra
If all had gone well, Garam Masala actress Neetu Chandra would have starred opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Yash Raj Films' upcoming venture, Chak De.

Neetu was the first choice for the role, but later Yash Raj Films and director Shimit Amin decided to cast Vidya Malavade.

Plot lost

The film sees Shah Rukh playing an ageing hockey coach who takes a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey.

Neetu was supposed to essay the role of a Sikh girl who is keen to join the hockey team but does not get the approval of her parents.

Says a source from Yash Raj, "Neetu met Shimit a couple of times and everything seemed to be going well. Suddenly, one day she was told that she was being replaced by Vidya."

When contacted, Neetu admits that she had auditioned for Chak De and Shimit was considering her for the role. "But after the release of Traffic Signal, the makers felt that I deserved a bigger role. There are eleven girls in the film and every girl has almost an equal role," she says.

Bright gal

Neetu says she understands Shimit's need for a fresh face. "Shimit is a great guy. He is decent and very professional. I understand his perspective and subsequent change of mind.  He said he would like to work with me in the future. I look forward to it," she says.

Asked if she regrets missing the opportunity to star opposite Shah Rukh Khan, Neetu says,  "I'm not feeling bad. I am optimistic. I've worked very hard and I'm sure there'll be a next time."

Meanwhile, Neetu has signed a three-film contract with Ashtavinayak Films. "Also, I am doing a film to be produced by Anupam Kher," she signs off.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

preetysadiaKhaya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Missed call! Neetu missed workin with SRK" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

veracity

IF-Sizzlerz

veracity

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Well it was better to launch all fresh faces among the girls hockey team. Better luck next time.

Terenaina

IF-Stunnerz

Terenaina

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:51am | IP Logged
"But after the release of Traffic Signal, the makers felt that I deserved a bigger role."

Neetu was in the movie Garam Masala with a lot of girls, and I don't even remember which one was she LOL. So, it makes no difference if she's in the movie Chak De with 11 other girls LOL

Namida

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 June 2007 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top