Indian Idol 6

Indian Idol - American Idol

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

pri_is

pri_is

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Guys I watch Indian Idol as religiously as American Idol. I love Indian Idol cause that reminds me of the songs we sang yester years. Participants has a lot of talent no doubt about that, I think from talent perspective Indian Idol is up there with American Idol. Somehow the show is run by unprofessionals and also the judges are not up to the mark.

- Most of the time they are fighting with each other (they are there to judge the participant, not to fight and show there superiority.

- They can't stick to the original format run all over the world except India (Simon Cowe must be scratching his head for giving Sony the rights).

-Audience, I never saw  a collective appreciation from all of them, It looks they are forced to do that and only when the camera is focussing them.

The only saving grace is the presenter Mini Mathur, I think she is flawless. Uses both Englsih and Hindi to perfection. Not like Anu/Alisha where they only can put their point by shouting in half baked English.    

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian Idol - American Idol" in Indian Idol 6 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

manny_d

manny_d

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:51am | IP Logged
You are spot on.....I think Indian Idol is more like a circus. You never know what will be thrown to audience.
I think the serial CID looks less suspensive than Indian Idol.
They also can't take a decision of how many participant each round. 10, +1, +2 (put everyone back than). Wild card contest. Can't they just take a firm decision.
I know they want high TRP and more episode but come on SONY u need to stick to the format, step aside emotions.

angierockzzz

Goldie

angierockzzz

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:54am | IP Logged
I don't think it's fair to compare II and AI completely....see Indians are more emotional and dramatic ppl in real lives too...so our art be it movies , music or television is a reflection of tht....they are merely catering to the viewers likes....i agree tht sometimes the drama gets too muc...but still i think II has the least amount of drama compared to other music shows like svoi or srgmp....

music_rules

IF-Dazzler

music_rules

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:58am | IP Logged
I LOVE Indian Idol way more!!!!!!!!!! Embarrassed

pri_is

pri_is

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Drama I can understand...we are more emotional than anyone but incompetence (show off, shouting) is intolerable from judges.Come one in some of the episode they just demeans the participants.

ruxil

ruxil

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
American Idol!!!! Indianzz are too dramatic and emotional. They needa grow up at times. Indian Idol is good but AI is much more better. Sryy Indian idol fans, but i like AI better.

roshniae

Groupbie

roshniae

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Hey pri_is!

first of all welcome to IF!! (drum rolls) Hope u njoi urself here

And ya...now bout ur topic.
i too watch AI and II religiously and agree tht there a lot of differences
paula makes better comments than alisha although both of them have the same personality.
wild card thingee is totally out of format.
they promote drama over singing etc etc etc

but there are many similarities also......
like wrong audience decisions.....AI had chris daughtry and II had amey datte.
for the last 2 seasons II has had a piano round but this time they learnt from AI and arranged for a band that although is horrible but is neccessary

Furthermore, we needed a simon in II tht we have in the avatar of JAVED AKHTAR. I think tht man is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT and is spot on with all his comments on all the singers including suhit.
i dont think simon is bad, he is constructive.

Lets face it AI and II are different yet similar! Wink

and bout the collective opinion from the audience.........ya.. we do get it. The diff is tht in II the audiences clap together (On JAved jis comments) and in AI the audiences booo together (on simons comments)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top