Debate Mansion

Discussion : Why Females Work Yaar !!! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

universe_megha

Goldie

universe_megha

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I agree with zee_girl and RM...this actually is a generalized view that families where women work face a lot of problems. For years this kind stupid excuse is being given by ppl who want to avoid women at workplaces..why?? maybe they are afraid of losing their dominating position n status..how cowardly..if u cant stop a women from progressing intellectually n professionally..restrict her physical freedom..wow..wat a philosophy!

Well, if u look closely families where women do not work or are not allowed to work face problems too..therez is not a problem-free living.

Itz time we rise above this gender-inequality. Men shud accept women as their working counterparts.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion : Why Females Work Yaar !!! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angel_111

Goldie

angel_111

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

yes it is 21st century but should we forget that families which have working women, they are totally disturbed. those are the families which face most of the problems. in regards to kids and all.

Realllly ??? My mother is a working woman and both me and my brother have done amazing in our lives as well. Thanks to her I am self respecting "working" woman. I think outside school she gave us the best of education and we had so much fun growing up. We are not messed up LOLat all. My brother is a Director in his company and he is just 27. His wife is a IIM (A) Passout and has her own company and they have a toddler who is well looked after ..

Within family my aunt was working and her daughter is a proffesor in Losdon School of Economics and working with the likes of Amartya Sen.

Welll if thats being messed up .. I wish everyone was Smile

Miss.Colorfull

IF-Sizzlerz

Miss.Colorfull

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
is it necessary for a woman to work even though not much
required??
yes cuz if u work then u can buy thin gs u can and most important that u are idependent u have to ask someone for money and u have a status in society when u are working.
2)   Is being a housewife not a profession (I agree in this work you are not paid in cash but paid in love).
housewive is okay but u are nothing but a housewive job is not about money or the pay u get it,s that u are something in the world and u can do something like u are doctor,lawyer ,engineer pepole reconized u by that but if u are a housewive u are nothing.

3)   If you work in today's society then only are you equal toMenzz kya???
yup we are equal to men cuz we do double work than men we both do house chores cooking anfd a job but men only do a
job so we are equal to men. nowdays women are ahead of men.

Virgo_Stars

IF-Veteran Member

Virgo_Stars

--

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged

Before I begin, I must say I was pretty hurt and saddened by the topic Confused It represented the typical age old stereotype that women stay at home and waste their lives being ignored and looked down upon while men make a name for themselves.

Is it forgotten that we all are humans before being men or women? Aren't we supposed to equal. I would like to ask one question to answer all the questions in the topic: what century are these views from?

I live in Canada but respect Indian culture just as much but I would never in my life agree to stay at home to do household work while my degree rots in the wardrobe. I will work to the best of my ability and make the best out of my life and education.

My family is well-to-do so technically if I work, I will be "occupying" a seat. But I wouldn't be working just because I need money. Working gives you a sense of self-reliability and independence. The reason for working go much deeper then just earning money. They make u independent and give u a sense of fulfillment.

After marriage, even if my husband is the richest guy in the whole country, I would still work. I will spend the money that i have earned. Independence is a great feeling and I think some people have dramatically underrated independence. Lets see how men would like to stay at home, cook, clean, look after children, take orders and see their whole life passing by day after day with nothing significant to do while their shining degree sits quietly on the top of the dusty shelve.

Women ARE equal to men. Women don't need to prove it, they already have. Its the old society that has bent all the views to fit its age old views. I would personally have no problems with working at home and contribute but if me and husband work equal hours and we both work equally hard, he could NEVER in his life expect me to come home and do slave labour to serve him and give in to his every demand. I would work hard and do all I can to contribute towards the household and would expect him to do the same. Now that would be an ideal man.

angel_111

Goldie

angel_111

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Virgo_Stars

Before I begin, I must say I was pretty hurt and saddened by the topic Confused It represented the typical age old stereotype that women stay at home and waste their lives being ignored and looked down upon while men make a name for themselves.

Is it forgotten that we all are humans before being men or women? Aren't we supposed to equal. I would like to ask one question to answer all the questions in the topic: what century are these views from?

I live in Canada but respect Indian culture just as much but I would never in my life agree to stay at home to do household work while my degree rots in the wardrobe. I will work to the best of my ability and make the best out of my life and education.

My family is well-to-do so technically if I work, I will be "occupying" a seat. But I wouldn't be working just because I need money. Working gives you a sense of self-reliability and independence. The reason for working go much deeper then just earning money. They make u independent and give u a sense of fulfillment.

After marriage, even if my husband is the richest guy in the whole country, I would still work. I will spend the money that i have earned. Independence is a great feeling and I think some people have dramatically underrated independence. Lets see how men would like to stay at home, cook, clean, look after children, take orders and see their whole life passing by day after day with nothing significant to do while their shining degree sits quietly on the top of the dusty shelve.

Women ARE equal to men. Women don't need to prove it, they already have. Its the old society that has bent all the views to fit its age old views. I would personally have no problems with working at home and contribute but if me and husband work equal hours and we both work equally hard, he could NEVER in his life expect me to come home and do slave labour to serve him and give in to his every demand. I would work hard and do all I can to contribute towards the household and would expect him to do the same. Now that would be an ideal man.

Well said .. Very very well said .. Why are women supposed to be slaves at home and someone without a choice or life ?? When will we realise that girls have dreams too. These are the kind of attitude which makes the parent make the brother more educated than the sister .. which is so unfair. And instead of discussing how good it is to make women educated and help her create a better world .. here we are debating how she "OCCUPIES" a seat ???? People I think we should spread a more positive message ..

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

I would like to apologize for the topic and take full responsibility of it. As the Creative Head I would have checked the topic properly, which I didn't last night.

The intention of this post was not to make it look like a sexist discussion, however, it did become one unintentionally. Guess_gallery is not to be blamed for the topic.

After discussing with the team members, I am Closing the topic, with the promise that such a mistake would not happen again.

In future, if you have any concerns regarding any topic, feel free to pm me.

Regards,

Ms. Bholi Bhali
India-Forums Crazy Creative Team

Post Reply New Post

Go to top