Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

Discussion : Why Females Work Yaar !!! (Page 4)

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Joined: 25 September 2005
Posts: 11613

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutumodi915

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

As for Chauvanism, this topic is brought to you by the entire CC team and Ahmed is the only guy in the group so no such thing can be said. Basically, discuss the pros and cons of working woman vs. housewife. This thread is meant to be taken lightheartedly so dont make more out of it than it actually is.

Originally posted by guess_gallery

This wacky team comes up with a
Discussion cum Debate

 

It clearly does say that it is also a debate.

 

Originally posted by guess_gallery

Note
:- If it is quite necessary to work due to family responsibilities, then it is exception if not so then why are you occupying a seat.

 

This kinda statements really don't make it light-hearted. Maybe that's how it was meant to be, but the presentation is really wrong. And, he/CC has stated it so very affirmatively as if it is indeed wrong.

 

I do understand that it was meant for light-hearted humor, but it doesn't come across that way!



Exactly RM!  Perfectly said.

Also, someone said that Ahmed is the only male in debate & hence it is nt chauvinistic. 
1. the statement could be clearly interpreted as chauvinistic, to generate passionate argument.  Doesn't mean anyone is calling him a chauvinist.
2. Believe = Vinu, a regular member of DM who posted is NOT A GIRL.

Hence the poster who said ahmed was the only guy seems a bit unaware / little bit ignorant about the posters. 

If the dev team does not wish to be a debate, that's fine.  A sticky note warning can indication can help Smile
ginak IF-Dazzler
ginak
ginak

Joined: 11 August 2006
Posts: 2882

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Ever heard of house husbands?? There are quite a few of those too. Just thought I would let people know there are few men also out there who work for "Payment in Love." Why should you expect a woman to work when "family responsibilities" deem it necessary? How come an exception is being made. Why cant the "macho male" work around any situation. Why the woman work only then and it is "understandable"? Talk about double standards.
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Joined: 22 January 2005
Posts: 12911

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

1)     Is it necessary for a woman to work even though not much

required??

Yes it is because it keeps them aware with the world. It increases their knowledge and they are able to understand the world better. Instead of naggin their husbands its better they work and understand their husbands.

2)   Is being a housewife not a profession (I agree in this work you

are not paid in cash but paid in love).

Yes it is but you can also do a job along with it. Many womens make excellent housewives while working in an office also.

3)   If you work in today's society then only are you equal to

Menzz kya???

Well according to men, yes. A housewife has no respect near them sadly.

 

Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Joined: 10 November 2004
Posts: 10515

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Ahem lets concentrate on the topic of this post, rather then who made it who didn't.

it is debatable, coz there is still a population of women who think women should not work, unless it is totally zaroori.

yes it is 21st century but should we forget that families which have working women, they are totally disturbed. those are the families which face most of the problems. in regards to kids and all.

21st century gave us too many open options it is not zaroori to follow all. coz it has also promoted homosexuality and much more which is changing the perfect picture, almost, of society.
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Joined: 25 September 2005
Posts: 11613

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali


it is debatable, coz there is still a population of women who think women should not work, unless it is totally zaroori.


i agree with you that it is debatable.

whether woman can work or not,  depends on
1. the intellectual capacity of the woman,
2.her physical strength,
3.number of kids she would have in the family,  and other responsibilities
4. the standard of living / economic status.

why women like to work- imo-

1. an individual identity and individual respect in the society
2. economic independence
3. a great learning process - via exposure to elements outside of family
4. over all personality development and growth

zee_girl Groupbie
zee_girl
zee_girl

Joined: 27 July 2005
Posts: 102

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
With reference to MS bholi bhali's comments....
Wow! this is the same old story  used to subjugate women all around!!! "the kids are disturbed if the women work.   seriously?? look if the women make a choice that they want to say home more power to them but to even suggest that women who work have families that are totally disturbed is a travesty and shows the level of ignorance that is still prevalent in our society.
you talk about the perfect picture of society hmm lets see so in your opinion it should be woman stays home right??.. lets take it a bit forward ,.. you would also agree that women should stand by their man no matter what .... and what would  your advice be to your fellow women who are abused and beaten  by their husbands???
As according to your perfect society model she should suck it up and take her husbands beating and shut up.. after all .. walking out might    destroy your perfect utopian society image right? ...

Working gives women the means to not let any man walk over then. they make wives equal to their partners and not subjugated to them. its a relationship where two people make the decisions and its a great role model for your daughters... i for one will raise my daughter to be a strong independent woman who can do WHATEVER she likes and not conform to gheesay pittay rewaj where she is considered the property of a man and expected to stay at home.
the 21st century has exposed the prejudice and intolerance that we as a race are capable of. It has shown the evil we can do to those who are different ... be it religion ,gender or sexuality and its a pity that there are still people who are homophobic and actively propose and propagate gender inequality.
sad state of affairs. we keep saying that India is moving forwards and is a progressive nation but how can it be when we have people who would be thrilled if women are forced to stay within the 4 walls of their homes bound by societal constraints that are prepackaged under the totally false and misguiding mantra of its better for the kids.. I shudder in disbelief.

Edited by zee_girl - 21 June 2007 at 12:51pm
season915 Goldie
season915
season915

Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 1299

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by zee_girl

With reference to MS bholi bhali's comments....
Wow! this is the same old story  used to subjugate women all around!!! "the kids are disturbed if the women work.   seriously?? look if the women make a choice that they want to say home more power to them but to even suggest that women who work have families that are totally disturbed is a travesty and shows the level of ignorance that is still prevalent in our society.
you talk about the perfect picture of society hmm lets see so in your opinion it should be woman stays home right??.. lets take it a bit forward ,.. you would also agree that women should stand by their man no matter what .... and what would  your advice be to your fellow women who are abused and beaten  by their husbands???
As according to your perfect society model she should suck it up and take her husbands beating and shut up.. after all .. walking out might    destroy your perfect utopian society image right? ...

Working gives women the means to not let any man walk over then. they make wives equal to their partners and not subjugated to them. its a relationship where two people make the decisions and its a great role model for your daughters... i for one will raise my daughter to be a strong independent woman who can do WHATEVER she likes and not conform to gheesay pittay rewaj where she is considered the property of a man and expected to stay at home.
the 21st century has exposed the prejudice and intolerance that we as a race are capable of. It has shown the evil we can do to those who are different ... be it religion ,gender or sexuality and its a pity that there are still people who are homophobic and actively propose and propagate gender inequality.
sad state of affairs. we keep saying that India is moving forwards and is a progressive nation but how can it be when we have people who would be thrilled if women are forced to stay within the 4 walls of their homes bound by societal constraints that are prepackaged under the totally false and misguiding mantra of its better for the kids.. I shudder in disbelief.

All I can do is- ClapClap

I could not have agreed more with you!

Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

yes it is 21st century but should we forget that families which have working women, they are totally disturbed. those are the families which face most of the problems. in regards to kids and all.

This statement made me jump out of my seat also. This is such a generalized view of the society. And if dads are not contributing enough, then too children forma  complex and problems arise. Why are they never addressed?

It really saddens me to see how people think Ouch



Edited by rutumodi915 - 21 June 2007 at 12:55pm
AmritaRao-Nina IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 27 September 2006
Posts: 24250

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Does Polygamy work?

2 3 4

Author: Summer3   Replies: 25   Views: 2381

Summer3 25 2381 20 November 2009 at 1:56am by Summer3
Ajj mere Yaar ki shaadi hai....

2 3 4 5

Author: raj5000   Replies: 33   Views: 1885

raj5000 33 1885 30 December 2007 at 7:24pm by Meena1
Hard Work Vs Smart Work

Author: Too_Much   Replies: 8   Views: 6602

Too_Much 8 6602 19 July 2007 at 11:08pm by raj5000
Females Working After Marriage...

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21

Author: Too_Much   Replies: 160   Views: 6100

Too_Much 160 6100 23 June 2007 at 8:18am by chatbuster
Why IF Have More Population of Females?

2 3 4 5 6

Author: buttercup   Replies: 46   Views: 3014

buttercup 46 3014 11 March 2007 at 11:11am by SolidSnake

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index