Debate Mansion

how do we judge an actor??looks or skills (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "how do we judge an actor??looks or skills (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

If its Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt in question, who cares if they can act Wink   But if we are talking of Om Puri or Rahul Bose, lets hope they can act Tongue

Its completely dependent upon the actor... Sometimes the magnetic pull of their eyes makes you want to forget acting skills or overlook acting skills, but if they are not eye candy material, then definitely consider their acting skills

Very well said Priya Big smile.  We have TC and BP and than we have Harrison ford and Danzel Washington  Complete packages  with looks and acting both  WinkTongue

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by V.T.

NnN,TRRP,Dhoom(i cant believe HR did the movieAngry), Fanaa,HumTum(was famous only for music,cartoon) Kal ho na ho(gujjus bacame Ridicule of Hindi MoviesAngry) indeed poor taste movies. they need filmmakers like Nagesh KukunoorBig smile

Nagesh Kukunoor is a brilliant director, yes. But, not everyone likes to watch movies like Hyderabad Blues and Bollywood Blues. Indian film industry has to make movies that will satisfy everyone's palate. YRF might not be the best production house, but it's not that crappy either. I will watch DDLJ at any given time anyday.

And Kal Ho na Ho is not a YRF movie, it is a Dharma Production. And, I would not want to say anything about the movie. But, I don't agree with your observation that Gujjus were ridiculed in that movie. I am a Gujarati actually and I am proud to be one. I think it was just light-hearted humour andI identified with pretty much all they depicted about Gujjus.

Sardars are still made fun of in movies, same with Bengalis, South Indians and Nepalis. I don't see this as an attack on the Gujarati community. Smile

Going a little off-topic, but just had to quote this!

Edited by rutumodi915 - 21 June 2007 at 12:33pm

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
I disagree that the people wont go to the theatres if they have just an ordinary looking guy on-screen. Maybe thats the criteria in Bollywood lately, even before, actors like Sanjeev Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, amol palekar etc who were the main heroes, people went to see their movies and enjoyed them inspite of them not being " conventionally" good looking.

Good looks and beauty can differ from person to person.

I know for a fact that regional cinema looks only at acting and appeal than looks for success and it had succeeded too.

Mohanlal. rajinikanth, Vikram, Dileep etc and many others , now Kamal is good looking but even if he wasnt , he would have succeeded coz he was great as an actor , the same could be said for many more in regional cinema .

Now in Bollywood , the trend has been to judge based on looks alone , otherwise why would movies like Dhoom3,Dus, phir hera pheri, Fool and Final with absolute zero script and acting suceed.

this was not the case until 90's or even 2000, all this became too much since then.

If u watch Hollywood movies, no ones gives special attention to looks , morgan freeman,Kevin spacey,Al pacino, jack Nicholas, meryl streep,julia Roberts all play thier character to the T , they dont try to glamourise themselves. Yes they do dress up well in award shows but their movies are never over the top, their look is always based on the character they play . Acting only is the criteria for almost 80% of the movies.

The problem is that movies itself has become like that, the movie which show style , glamour are the ones selling and its sad .

if the script, story and the acting is good, irrespective of looks, people would enjoy the movie.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutumodi915

Originally posted by V.T.

NnN,TRRP,Dhoom(i cant believe HR did the movieAngry), Fanaa,HumTum(was famous only for music,cartoon) Kal ho na ho(gujjus bacame Ridicule of Hindi MoviesAngry) indeed poor taste movies. they need filmmakers like Nagesh KukunoorBig smile

Nagesh Kukunoor is a brilliant director, yes. But, not everyone likes to watch movies like Hyderabad Blues and Bollywood Blues. Indian film industry has to make movies that will satisfy everyone's palate. YRF might not be the best production house, but it's not that crappy either. I will watch DDLJ at any given time anyday.

And Kal Ho na Ho is not a YRF movie, it is a Dharma Production. And, I would not want to say anything about the movie. But, I don't agree with your observation that Gujjus were ridiculed in that movie. I am a Gujarati actually and I am proud to be one. I think it was just light-hearted humour andI identified with pretty much all they depicted about Gujjus.

Sardars are still made fun of in movies, same with Bengalis, South Indians and Nepalis. I don't see this as an attack on the Gujarati community. Smile

Going a little off-topic, but just had to quote this!

Agree RM.  Actually KHNH depicted that us Gujjus do have fun partying and dancing.  I saw positive in it too RM Big smile

@ Tina59 excellent post.  Very well said Clap

Edited by Dabulls23 - 21 June 2007 at 12:58pm

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KarotroToo

Originally posted by Lovers Ka Love

Whts wrOng if we get "All inOne Pakage"... Wink

Mrs.Khan... The kIng... Smile

But the judgement Of an actOr is gOOd when he is talented, better when he is gOOd lOOking and best when he is Mr.Khan... Wink

and there is nO 2nd King Khan Tongue

maana ki...2nd king khan nahi hain lekin.........Big B to hain naa TongueBig smile

bas itna sa bolunga ki...bollywood thread mein jaao aur uska banner dekh lo.......left mein 6 hain, aur right mein bhi 6 hain...aur bich mein hain lambu ..kuch bolne ki jarurat hi nahi hain,,...woh banner hi sab kuch bol deta hain Big smile

King dOnt need any banner tO him...

He is a banner of TalentTongue... nOthing else neededWink

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by kaleidoscope

I say to judge the actor with good looks which is supported by acting skill. If actor who has good looks but no acting skill why viewers will care to see him/her in movies. Cant viewers go to watch a fashion show instead. Wink

Again there has to be some looks too to carry on the superb acting skill. Else viewers wont be even attracted to judge the acting capability.

But hOw dO we judge Tanashuri Dutta, She dOnt have any skills... Just have a lil lOOk... and there are many actOrs , whO dOnt have any acting skills...Ouch

Take an Examples Of list Of Actresses wOrk wid Emran Hashmi,... hOw dO industry take them as an actOr...Confused

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

there's also a misperception i think. when someone does not look good, we naturally think they have acting skills. coz that's all they can have.Tongue with the good lookers, one often cant get past the drooling to even look into their acting skillsWink

nah cbj.. me disagrees..

shiney...  drool drooll and boy he can act!
amir - once upon a time drool - acts well
shahrukh- drool drool and then some acting..
abhishek?  ermm..  well, forget it, lets not spoil ur day there Wink

now other side-
emraan hashmi-no eye candy- no solace in acting
udya chopra - same sad story.. i dare u to watch neal n nikki.. LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top