Debate Mansion

how do we judge an actor??looks or skills (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged

If they are in the profession of acting, they are supposed to act well hence that should be the top priority. Looks is just an added advantage thats all . Sadly in Bollywood , looks is the main criteria then comes acting infact last is acting and thats sad .

Hollywood, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt give more importance to acting than looking good. Morgan Freeman, Meryla streep, Kevin Spacey are not good looking as per b'wood standards but they are excellent actors and thats what made them the legends they are now.

Good acting on any day makes a film work , not good looks and it shouldnt but thats not the case now thats why I started another topic abt the state of current films.

anyway , an actor should be judged on acting alone and if he looks good in that character then sone pe suhaga but still acting is the first priority.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "how do we judge an actor??looks or skills (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sohn

sohn

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by V.T.

bollywood needs youngsters...some people are getting boring so are the yrf banner films...

Ai Ai Captain....I agree. YRF is getting on the nerves now.

Though I wanna add that we need some fresh faces who can manage a bit of both. I mean I know its askin a LOT buh ...no harm hopin! Confused
Im waiting for Savariya by Bhansali, lets see how Ranbeer & Sonam Kapoor hatch out Day Dreaming

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sohn

Originally posted by V.T.

bollywood needs youngsters...some people are getting boring so are the yrf banner films...

Ai Ai Captain....I agree. YRF is getting on the nerves now.

Though I wanna add that we need some fresh faces who can manage a bit of both. I mean I know its askin a LOT buh ...no harm hopin! Confused
Im waiting for Savariya by Bhansali, lets see how Ranbeer & Sonam Kapoor hatch out Day Dreaming

ya me 2 waitin 4 ranbeer...

but truely bollywood is dependant on looks mostly tehn skills...no wonder we see models becoming actors just bcoz of looksss...n dnt get me stated on stupid yashraj movies...

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
I say to judge the actor with good looks which is supported by acting skill. If actor who has good looks but no acting skill why viewers will care to see him/her in movies. Cant viewers go to watch a fashion show instead. Wink

Again there has to be some looks too to carry on the superb acting skill. Else viewers wont be even attracted to judge the acting capability.

Edited by kaleidoscope - 20 June 2007 at 11:58pm

tanushree

tanushree

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:07am | IP Logged
An actor should be good at acting while an entertainer has to look good as well.

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tanushree

An actor should be good at acting while an entertainer has to look good as well.

but wats the use of looking good if u cant  act?...bollywood gives more credit to looks then talent...hmm sounds like the indian cinema willbe filled wid india"dumb blondes"

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:31am | IP Logged

I think looks and skills have been very well incorporated in the showbiz industry.

For exmaple, Ashutosh Rana, Nana Patekar are amazing actors, but they can never be Raj of DDLJ. They are old right now, but any given point and time, it wouldn't have worked. You can not possibly put an average looking guy as the central character on the big screen. What's the point of going to a movie hall if you are going to see girl/boy-next door? So, looks are definitely important, especially in Bollywood.

And looks are not everything either. About models turning into actors, not everyone has been liked by the audience. John, Bipasha, Priyanka, Ash, Sush, are not too bad of actors and hence, they survived. Celina, Dino, Aryan Vaid, Tanushree are still in the race and have not reached anywhere yet with their pretty faces.  

Skills are definitely more important but you can't ignore looks. I am sure you wouldn't want to see Uday Chopra playing Aryan in Dhoom 2. Embarrassed

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sangeetarangdal

Originally posted by tanushree

but wats the use of looking good if u cant  act?...bollywood gives more credit to looks then talent...hmm sounds like the indian cinema willbe filled wid india"dumb blondes"

and what's the use of acting well if you turn people off with your looks? Smile

good looks, like good packaging, helps sell the product. Winkas for acting skills, these actors are not doing theatre where there are no retakes. with umpteen retakes, most anyone can appear to have acting skills.

there's also a misperception i think. when someone does not look good, we naturally think they have acting skills. coz that's all they can have.Tongue with the good lookers, one often cant get past the drooling to even look into their acting skillsWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top