Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Has wathing movies in theater lots it value as compared to same movie being watched in home on tv?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "movie in hall Vs movie in TV?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by KarotroToo

^^ yah...theatre mein pehle ki tarah maja nahi hain ...
sitiya bhi bajegi, dhamal-masti bhi hogi, aur agar koi rangeela ka amir jaisa aa gaya to aapki chair ko toucham-touch karta hi rahega aur amir ki tarah bolega, abe aage dekh na......aur..ghar pe to FF/REV/STOP/PAUSE ka button hain......agar fav scene aa gaya to rew. bhi kar shakte ho......aur movie mein to khalas.....jo gaya woh gaya......wapas dekhne ke liye wapas $$$ Cry

Lolss u guys!

I personally prefer good movies in hall, lols still havn't seen Black, lols waiting to see in full screen. Rest all home theater jindabad... but seriously hall mey delkhney ka Anand hai, thats no where, no matter what.Smile

Tasha1985

IF-Rockerz

Tasha1985

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
hey great topic anushuman .... was actually just thinking about this yesterday Confused LOL

i prefer watching movies at home (when aired on tv or by renting a dvd):

1) cost-effective and fewer hasslesOuch - standing in line to get tickets (or the fear of your credit card number being misused if ordering online) Confused; standing in line to get extremely over-priced snacksAngry

2) freedom to rewind/forward/pause/stop - especially if you need to take a bathroom break LOL .... hollywood moives don't have intervals LOL

3) ability to censor the movie - what i mean is that sometimes you get stuck with family sitting through scenes that you don't want to be watching with them (for example, the one and only english movie my entire family has ever watched in a theatre was titanic ..... towards the second half of the movie i became very thankful my dad was sitting in another row .... sorry but whenever i watch the movie at home ..... i can forward through those scenes - side note: i only have it cause my dad bought it for me cause i used to be totally fascinated with the titanic LOL - still am LOL)

4) comfort (i'm always self-conscious during a movie in a threatre that i'm disturbing everyone if i'm shifting in my seat or slurping my drink - by accident of course LOL), and less distractions (LOL .... same reasons as "comfort" but when someone else is doing them LOL)

plus, with increasing tv sizes and better sound equipment .... you can re-create the theatre atmosphere without the negative points

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
depends on the movie and also depends on whether the person is single, just dating, involved, married or married with kids!
Quite frankly, to me, quiet time together is what matters way more than stink of popcorn. with advanced technology, it is easy to get all the threatre effects even better than theatre in the comfort of home, sipping choice of drinks. I love to unwind and enjoy a movie at home.

Movies such as star wars (that one waited to release) are a great experience at the theatre- especially opening weekend :) won't wait for their DVD.
Hindi movie- refuse to spend more than a buck fifty seriously!

Yey Tasha!  I concur @ the rewind and fast forward and pause  features! LOL

Edited by mermaid_QT - 19 June 2007 at 11:08pm

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
If the theatre hall supplies good popcorn and wafers, then theatre hall, else at home Wink

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:32am | IP Logged
In TV if we feel bore with a movie we can change the channels..........but in Theatre we want to sit till end...esply if it bore/senti movie eeeeeeeeeeeeerrr Dead   Ouch

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:48am | IP Logged
i am thinking of joining laras camp, i would get to see movies in home theatre Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top