Debate Mansion

Should traffic rules globalized? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Oh ok. Sorry, morning rush scrambled the brains Tongue

The other side of it is - Who will decide what is global policy.. because whats good for US is not good for us Tongue , whats good for UK may not be good for France... so where do we get the concensus on what is "global"

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should traffic rules globalized? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Lol.... anshu.... Globalisation has its own benefits and flaws.... I agree that globalisation can not be applied to all subjects such as traffic rules.... because the infrastructure in different countries is made suitable to their traffic rules....

But Globalisation can be applied to places that gives mutual benefits at mutual costs and for everything else, countrywise policies are better way. Ex: The accounting standardisation in India is done based on International accounting standards to make the accounts of Indian companies more comparable with the accounts of some company in another country. Smile

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 5:56am | IP Logged

Great thought AnshuClap  But think of the way roads etc. are built for different countries.  Some drive right, some left, some have junctions, some have roundabouts like UK.  Aye yay yay!!LOL  Can you imagine the amount of money the nations would have to fork out to make our dreams true!!LOL  Lols....

Ok that was on a lighter note.  I will come back.Wink Embarrassed

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabhi_21

Lol.... anshu.... Globalisation has its own benefits and flaws.... I agree that globalisation can not be applied to all subjects such as traffic rules.... because the infrastructure in different countries is made suitable to their traffic rules....

But Globalisation can be applied to places that gives mutual benefits at mutual costs and for everything else, countrywise policies are better way. Ex: The accounting standardisation in India is done based on International accounting standards to make the accounts of Indian companies more comparable with the accounts of some company in another country. Smile

ClapClapClap

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by V.T.

they need traffic rules in india more than 21 people can fit into a rikshaw LOL . i love the roads in india esp the one's that go through the woods and no one dares to drive. Big smile

i hate driving in houston traffic is the number one problem here

what if Indian standards of driving and traffic were globalized Wink
ROFL

Bubbly_Shelly

IF-Sizzlerz

Bubbly_Shelly

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by V.T.

they need traffic rules in india more than 21 people can fit into a rikshaw LOL . i love the roads in india esp the one's that go through the woods and no one dares to drive. Big smile

i hate driving in houston traffic is the number one problem here

what if Indian standards of driving and traffic were globalized Wink
ROFL

LOLLOL..I wonder what would happened to this world..ErmmROFL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

Oh ok. Sorry, morning rush scrambled the brains Tongue

The other side of it is - Who will decide what is global policy.. because whats good for US is not good for us Tongue , whats good for UK may not be good for France... so where do we get the concensus on what is "global"

lols appoint a United Nation's Safe life on road or something...I finally comes down to safe driving rules.

Thanks for response everyone.. answering here... If there are stop signs that mandates one has to stop irrespective of road / traffic OR school bus anywhere in world should be consider as a vehicle carrying angels of our lifes... isn't that beneficial and way to go for all...??

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GUARDIAN ANGEL

Great thought AnshuClap  But think of the way roads etc. are built for different countries.  Some drive right, some left, some have junctions, some have roundabouts like UK.  Aye yay yay!!LOL  Can you imagine the amount of money the nations would have to fork out to make our dreams true!!LOL  Lols....

Ok that was on a lighter note.  I will come back.Wink Embarrassed

Minali - road etc is different issues, lets get the right process and thinking in place later diversities or limitations can be tackled on case to case basisi.

Thanks again all, views here were enlightening....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top