Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

uknaik99

IF-Rockerz

uknaik99

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Alka Yagnik

She's had enough!

Alka Yagnik quits Voice of India. She can't bear the unpleasantness and the 'chillum-chilli' that comes with being judge on a music reality show

Alka Yagnik has decided to quit Voice of India to avoid the unpleasantness that comes with being a judge on a reality singing contest. She co-judged the show along with four other judges, Abhijit, Jatin Pandit, Lalit Pandit and Adesh Shrivastav.

A source says, "Aadesh, Jatin and Lalit were of the opinion that singers today do not have the range of yesteryear's maestros. This also mars music directors' creativity. Alka and Abhijeet however were of the opinion that the music directors today do not have the talent that the people in the golden era had. This led to an unpleasant debate. Alka felt that the music directors were being unfair."

An exasperated Alka says, "Unfortunate as it may be, I have decided to quit. There is too much heat there, the arguments and the noise only gets uglier. Everybody forever is trying to prove their point."

"I don't want to name any particular name but I have really had it. Healthy arguments are welcome but I feel people should not have crossed the line. People have started disrespecting each other. The friendships I have maintained over years are more important than a TV show and some money. Koi majburi nahin hai. I was excited about grooming new talent but this is too distasteful. I'd rather save my relationship with people rather than witnessing so much chillum-chilli," Alka adds.

How have the makers of the show taken to her decision to quit? She says, "I am quitting gracefully without any hard feelings. The makers are upset about it and have been requesting me not to do it but I must quit. In real life, I have been a fighter but this is something I can't handle."

The show will definitely miss Alka as she is the most popular judge on the show. "It's unfortunate as we had some talented contestants, but I cannot judge participants at the cost of my dignity," Alka says.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

silk opalsoni28-Chicha-LeadOxide

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Alka Yagnik quits Voice of India." in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Sky16*

*Sky16*

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
woa
is this for real?

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 5:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jaadoogar

Alka ji tusi chhor kar na jaao warna main chane ke per se kood jaoongaa.... one more tamasha.... April fool ka season to nahin hai aajkal.. Confused

may be aab unko manae gaein phir woh aayaegii..Confused.....these singers MDs are behaving like bunch of immature kids...Ouch

stargirl345

IF-Dazzler

stargirl345

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
^^^i agree...this is the height of immaturity... Confused

t4s...

-Ruchika

SonPan

IF-Rockerz

SonPan

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
woow I wonder what happened Confused

saira22

Groupbie

saira22

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
thats too bad....i liked her the most out of all the judges Confused

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
complain about someone else doing it, then why do it yourself, if she would have left without this parting shot, it would have made her look good, now she is the same as others

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sareg

complain about someone else doing it, then why do it yourself, if she would have left without this parting shot, it would have made her look good, now she is the same as others

well ultimatly issae bhi VOI ko hi publicity milaegii..more drama....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top