Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 26 May 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Hello guys and welcome all to our first ever discussion in our book talk forum!Hug

Im sure all of you have read many books, each book with a different message, which leaves a different impact on your mind. And incase you havnt read much books, read them ASAP bec after dogs books are man's best friends!LOL

Today we want to ask you all which book has left you thinking about its message?? Which book has left an impact on your mind and has given you a moral of your life, which is in inspiration for you?

Which is your favourite link or Quote in a book?

Which book really inspired you to think differently, to live differently, to look at things differently?

Which book re-generated you and how?

Do visit your favourite forum to discuss more books with your feelow members :

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=230

Loads of love,

Book Talk Dev. Team

Edited by cool_pooja - 27 May 2007 at 1:48am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your Favorite Quote inů." in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Awesome discussion pooja! Clap

A book that certainly gave me so much to think about was To Kill A Mockingbird! and my fav quote from it is: "... in the secret courts of men's hearts, Tom was a dead man the moment Mayella opened her mouth and screamed"

It's so powerful and gives you so much to think about the meaning of the book and Harper Lee's msgs behind it! Big smile

scarletteblue

IF-Sizzlerz

scarletteblue

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 2:58pm | IP Logged

Fabulous, Pooja!Smile

The book that has impacted my life, is To Kill a Mockingbird, just like Kansha said

my favorite quote is:

Its a sin to Kill a Mockingbird. this quote basically explains that mockin birds don't really hatrm anyone in any way, and they just sing beautifully.

This book has showed me about the racism that went on during that period of time through the eyes of two white, innocent children.Embarrassed

Edited by indianhomey1992 - 19 June 2007 at 3:00pm

maha786

IF-Rockerz

maha786

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
there r so many of the books i have erad and many quotes i always have this habit of jottin down gr8 quotes or line s frm a book so its difficult to tell i feel every book has its own content and meaning so its a tough decision to make Big smile

-Yuks-

IF-Veteran Member

-Yuks-

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
This is a really awsome topic. I'm a bookworm and I love to read yaar.
To be very honest, my favourite novel so far is "Crown Duel" bu Sherwood Smith.
This novel has everything, action, adventure, fantasy and a bot of romance Embarrassed .
I can relate to it because the main character of the novel is very much like me. And some of her actions are similar to mine with similar concequences.
I don't have a specific quote from the novel, but the basic message is, "Don't look too hard or think too much, because your destination could be closer than you think"

Yuks

Edited by queenyuks - 19 June 2007 at 9:23pm

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 5:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by queenyuks

This is a really awsome topic. I'm a bookworm and I love to read yaar.
To be very honest, my favourite novel so far is "Crown Duel" bu Sherwood Smith.
This novel has everything, action, adventure, fantasy and a bot of romance Embarrassed .
I can relate to it because the main character of the novel is very much like me. And some of her actions are similar to mine with similar concequences.
I don't have a specific quote from the novel, but the basic message is, "Don't look too hard or think too much, because your destination could be closer than you think"

Yuks

I love that msg.. Its so meaningful..Embarrassed

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indianhomey1992

This book has showed me about the racism that went on during that period of time through the eyes of two white, innocent children.Embarrassed

omg! rachuu isnt the way Lee has structured her book fantastic?! It reallyyy stresses the unfairness and prejudice! Big smile 

scarletteblue

IF-Sizzlerz

scarletteblue

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollycrazy

Originally posted by indianhomey1992

omg! rachuu isnt the way Lee has structured her book fantastic?! It reallyyy stresses the unfairness and prejudice! Big smile 

I knoww!Embarrassed Its just fabulous! My fav. character is Boo, he is soo chweet! The book shows a diff perspective on racism.Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top