Debate Mansion

Mumbai schools ban girl-boy touch!?! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
I remember one  personal experience as a teacher..
I don't have experience as student as went to all gal school up to high school.
my uncle once asked me to cover last four months of grade 9 and 10 in his school as one of the teacher left unexpectedly.. The best way I found to discipline some girl hater boys to make them sit beside gals so each desk had one gal and one boy they really behaved well.. I don't know about the long term effects ....... for those four months it was really good.. boys then became abit neat and less stinky and gals were less chatty plus studies were not the big issue for gals .. but for boys it become kind of ego prob when they had to compete with their partner for some class tests so they started giving some good resutls LOL

Edited by Morning_Dew - 18 June 2007 at 7:05pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai schools ban girl-boy touch!?! (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha_g

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by sohn

Quoted from TOI>>

".....The authorities have done it again. This time, in the name of 'disciplining' students, two Mumbai schools have ruled that girls and boys will not be allowed to touch each other. Even in case they go touchy-feely 'by mistake', they will be penalised for it. Earlier also, a Bangalore college had ruled that male and female students will not be allowed to sit together. In this day and age when students have mass media and the net at their disposal.....Does a ruling like this make sense?..."

I dont know what to say frankly Confused  Dont know what they are trying to achieve by doing that....!

Good atleast this way they will restrict the population explosion or things leading to it.Smile

yeah...but only on school premises...waisey bhi who gets pregnant on campus qwertyConfused....this rule beats me!!!

Gauri it only acts as a deterrent... how many have patience to meet after school and do something outside school premises... Everybody is too bored to do that... Its always fun in teh school ailes.. Smile

Qwerts, then the rule needs to get extended to colleges too.There are allies in colleges too and the fobidden fruit is more enticing , don't you think?Smile

I always like the school grave-yard for such forbidden fun...colleges u can engage in this isnt it?Smile

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

my uncle once asked me to cover last four months of grade 9 and 10 in his school as one of the teacher left unexpectedly.. The best way I found to discipline some girl hater boys to make them sit beside gals so each desk had one gal and one boy they really behaved well.. I don't know about the long term effects though for those four months it was really good.. boys then became abit neat and less stinky and gals were less chatty

OMG,... this is soo funny dewdrop! why are guys in DM class failing Wink?

I always went to a coed school, until undergrad.  although they were the best of chick-days, I dearly missed boys in sophias.. it was so difficult to do mischief and not get caught!Ouch  Girls always let the secret / names out after enjoying the prank, Angry..  
Joke apart, i think that HEALTHY INTERACTION between boys and gals is o utmost importance in all these developmental stages for personality growth.  If I am constantly afraid of ACCIDENTALLY touching someone and being fined, I would steer 5 miles clear of boys.. and I don't think that's healthy at all.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

my uncle once asked me to cover last four months of grade 9 and 10 in his school as one of the teacher left unexpectedly.. The best way I found to discipline some girl hater boys to make them sit beside gals so each desk had one gal and one boy they really behaved well.. I don't know about the long term effects though for those four months it was really good.. boys then became abit neat and less stinky and gals were less chatty

OMG,... this is soo funny dewdrop! why are guys in DM class failing Wink?

I always went to a coed school, until undergrad.  although they were the best of chick-days, I dearly missed boys in sophias.. it was so difficult to do mischief and not get caught!Ouch  Girls always let the secret / names out after enjoying the prank, Angry..  
Joke apart, i think that HEALTHY INTERACTION between boys and gals is o utmost importance in all these developmental stages for personality growth.  If I am constantly afraid of ACCIDENTALLY touching someone and being fined, I would steer 5 miles clear of boys.. and I don't think that's healthy at all.

Unless one wants to be Saint Embarrassed I went all girls school but thank god went to H R College what a crowd Tongue had so much fun during college days. Big smile

Edited by Dabulls23 - 18 June 2007 at 7:12pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sunrise Coach

A few words about this rule:

JUST PLAIN STUPID.

And reminder: it's from the same country that invented the Kama Sutra.

It's feeling like as if USA were to rule the Civil Rights Act unconstitutional.

LOL

Sunrise Coach

Groupbie

Sunrise Coach

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Sunrise Coach

A few words about this rule:

JUST PLAIN STUPID.

And reminder: it's from the same country that invented the Kama Sutra.

It's feeling like as if USA were to rule the Civil Rights Act unconstitutional.

LOL

Tell me about it!

What's next? Oh wait, Hamas already took over Gaza Cry

Edited by Sunrise Coach - 18 June 2007 at 7:46pm

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
i dont know how to react to a law like this....it sounds more like a joke to me LOL LOL

its soo impractical and unnecessary and wont achieve anything. infact, it will make things worse, ur teens are rebellious and we love doing what we are told not to and we always find loopholes Wink. the more practical approach to ending teen pregnancies (which i would assume would be their purpose behind this, but i have no idea how much of an issue this is in mumbai) is educatiion. if teens knew the consequences of "girl-boy touching" (STDs, Pregnancies, social stigmas and the long term effects of these etc) they might be more careful in the future. one more thing, by touching do they mean touching in a sexual way or simple high-five, hand shake, pats on the back etc too?

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

i dont know how to react to a law like this....it sounds more like a joke to me LOL LOL

its soo impractical and unnecessary and wont achieve anything. infact, it will make things worse, ur teens are rebellious and we love doing what we are told not to and we always find loopholes Wink. the more practical approach to ending teen pregnancies (which i would assume would be their purpose behind this, but i have no idea how much of an issue this is in mumbai) is educatiion. if teens knew the consequences of "girl-boy touching" (STDs, Pregnancies, social stigmas and the long term effects of these etc) they might be more careful in the future. one more thing, by touching do they mean touching in a sexual way or simple high-five, hand shake, pats on the back etc too?

Why is it so impractical.. Most girls and boys school work that way isnt it? So what if they enact a law making it veri explicit in co-eds.... Touching is meant to be non-sexual way.. Schools dont have awareness of when kids touch each other sexually.....LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top