Celebrity Fan Clubs

Bachchans FC 12-Every1s Dreamland- P.134 (Page 144)

Post Reply New Post

Page 144 of 144

Page 1 Page 143
Page   of 144

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 6:07pm | IP Logged

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bachchans FC 12-Every1s Dreamland- P.134 (Page 144)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
After spring, an autumn visit is not far behind
- Amitabh Bachchan has a whole week's shooting schedule in Calcutta with Jahnu Barua
PRATIM D. GUPTA
Amitabh Bachchan and Jahnu Barua

Calcutta, July 10: When Amitabh Bachchan spent 10 days of spring in Calcutta for The Last Lear, he soaked it all in as if it was his last lengthy stay in the city where he had started his professional life. But now, the Big B will be back in town this autumn to face the camera this time for Jahnu Barua's Har Pall.

Within seven months of wrapping up the shoot for Rituparno Ghosh's first English film, the self- confessed jamai will return to his sasural for a week's schedule with the National Award-winning Assamese director.

Shooting for Har Pall starts this August in Mumbai, with Dimple Kapadia, Preity Zinta and Shiney Ahuja sharing the spotlight. Bachchan will be the only one coming down to Calcutta, though.

"Only his character, of the father of the heroine (played by Preity), has a sub-plot in Calcutta," Barua told The Telegraph from Mumbai.

"We will shoot there for about a week. Eighty per cent of the film is being shot in Mumbai, with a short schedule in Shillong, besides the Calcutta leg."

If the Bachchan family's close ties with Rituparno had paved the path for Amitabh's Last Lear stint in Calcutta, the Har Pall link was its producer Tony Juneja. Tony is one half of Tony-Tito, producers of Bachchan biggies like Ram Balram and Do Anjaane (parts of which were shot in town).

Har Pall is primarily a love story between Shiney and Preity. "It is not the usual boy-meets-girl story," said Barua.

"Like all my films, there is a bigger human story. While the characters of Amitabh Bachchan and Dimple Kapadia don't meet in the film, they are integral to the storyline."

Bachchan and Dimple had come together disastrously in 2004 for Hum Kaun Hai, produced by Soni Juneja, son of Toni.

This will be the first time Barua will be shooting in Calcutta. "I have always wanted to shoot there," he said.

"I find the streets of the city full of life and you can just keep walking. I have already done a recce in Calcutta and I intend to shoot mostly on the streets," he further added.

That may not be so easy this time, with his protagonist sure to be mobbed, har pal.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Proud Bollywood Star Amitabh Bachchan Refuses Hollywood Email Offer
By Staff
Jul 10, 2007

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has turned down the chance to star in a Ridley Scott movie, because he was offered the role by email.

The 64-year-old actor - the biggest name in the Indian movie industry - has hinted he could be persuaded to star alongside Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio in Body Of Lies, but only if he is granted a meeting with a member of the production team.

Bachchan says, "The email for this offer came from (Indian director) Mira Nair's office. Someone from Ridley Scott's unit has to come to me and tell me the story. Just an offer on the e-mail from a third party isn't enough.

"Besides, they want to shoot in September (07). It seems impossible for me to leave behind my commitments here to do this film.

"I've asked for the script. Right now I don't have any idea about my role or the theme. Where's the question of saying yes without getting the details?"

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Hey guys!!

I've opened FC 13!!

Here is the link!!
http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=671590

Edited by umi82990 - 10 July 2007 at 6:25pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top