Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
"If I am a king, Amitabh is an emperor" – Rajnikanth

A popular television channel recently aired an opinion poll on who's the popular star – Amitabh Bachchan or Rajnikanth? A majority of the voters favored Rajnikanth.

However Rajnikanth was quick to react. The Super Star of Tamil Cinema, whose Sivaji has witnessed a phenomenal opening all around the globe, has openly stated that he is no comparison to Amitabh Bachahan.

"I admire Amitabh and I am his ardent fan. No way, I can be compared to the Big B", he says and adds, "If I am a king then Amitabh is an emperor".

Rajnikanth took a dig at the media for comparing him with Big B.

Sivaji has witnessed bumper opening not just in Tamilnadu but also in neighbouring Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. In abroad, it has matched the collections of several blockbuster Hindi movies in the recent past.
virgoqueen thumbnail
Jhoom Barabar:Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan
Khushi ke aansoo: Dharmendra and Bobby Deol\

Abhi, Big B jhoom together; Bobby breaks down

It was an emotional father-son IIFA night as Rang De Basanti swept the awards. Catch all the action on Star Plus tomorrow evening

By: Shradha Sukumaran

Jhoom Barabar:Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan

There were tears, laughter, winners, nostalgia and a couple of social messages, but the grand highlights (as always) at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards on June 9 were the performances.
Of those, there was an array — from a wildly entertaining finale by Salman Khan and Govinda, to Abhishek having his father Amitabh Bachchan joining him in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan enthusiastically clapped. There was Akshay Kumar popping up in the energised audience to groove to bhangra disco beats, as well as Saif Ali Khan moving to Dhoom:2's title track, and Bipasha Basu sashaying to her signature tune Beedi Jalaile.
Shetty rocked
Shiamak Davar's choreography was outstanding and the sets were imaginatively changed per act. Yet, it was Shilpa Shetty who stole the beat from the competition —she danced to Crazy Kiya Re, Aaj Ki Raat and It's Rocking. Clad in a white bodysuit and joined by Davar towards the end, she simply rocked!
With the awards, Rang De Basanti predictably walked away with most of the technical awards as well as Best Film, but Rajkumar Hirani won the Best Director for Lage Raho Munnabhai. Hrithik Roshan as Krrish nabbed Best Actor, Rani Mukerji won for Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, while supporting awards went to Arshad Warsi (Lage Raho..) and Soha Ali Khan (Rang De Basanti). Saif Ali Khan took the Actor in a Negative Role as Omkara's Langda Tyagi, while Tusshar Kapoor won for his comic role in Golmaal.
As usual, newlyweds Abhishek and Aishwarya were in the spotlight as they gave the final award of the night — Ash also won the Idea Glamour Woman of the Year and Hrithik nabbed it in the male category. The crowds, thousands of them packed into the Sheffield stadium, went wild as the names were announced. In fact, the audience was hugely appreciative, right up to the end of the rather dragged-out five-hour event. This time, IIFA also dedicated segments to social causes — Amitabh Bachchan warned of global warming through the film Global Cool, and special guest actor Colin Firth spoke of Oxfam.
Yet the night's most emotional moment came as Dharmendra stepped up to take the Lifetime Achievement Award from his old friend Amitabh Bachchan. Sons Sunny and Bobby Deol came over to pay tributes and a choked-up Bobby broke down while he said, "Main yahan hoon mere papa ke wajah se."
It wrapped up the night appropriately, with an emotional salute to films and its achievers.
The IIFA awards will be telecast on Star Plus on June 17, 8 pm onwards.

Awesome: Shilpa Shetty
Edited by virgoqueen - 16 years ago
fan_of_Big_B thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan being sought to play Lord Krishna

Director Robby Grewal is hopeful of signing Amitabh Bachchan in the role of lord Krishna in his next movie.

However, Grewal doesn't want Big B to play the mythical lord Krishna. He wants to cast him as a contemporary lord who coaches a team of young and feisty boys and mentors them. This modern-day Krishna shapes the lives of these youngsters in a very non-preachy way.

Robby Grewal will sign a group of young actors for this film.

He is particularly encouraged by the good response to his latest flick Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar which has also got good critical reviews.

Grewal has yet to approach Big B with the offer for his next flick. He says none except Mr. Bachchan can play the role of God in his film.
fan_of_Big_B thumbnail
BAFTA glory weekend for Amitabh Bachchan

London: The British Academy of Film and Television Arts or BAFTA is organising a retrospective of Amitabh Bachchan's films this weekend. The highlight of the two-day event will be a special Q&A (question and answer) session with the man himself.

"It's very gratifying that your body of work is being subjected to this kind of an honour. People will come, watch and discuss I don't know if it's of any value. But it's a very humbling experience," says Amitabh Bachchan.

The films include his works like Sholay, Silsila and the most recent Black and Nishabd. Two documentaries, Everlasting Light and Follow That Star are also included in the retrospective.

"Mr Bachchan has been on the top for so long since the 80s, clearly he is the first person to organise a tribute. And I think one forgets that actually there have been tributes to him since the '80s," says writer and filmmaker, Nasreen Munni Kabir.

Last year BAFTA had organised a three-day event called BAFTA goes Bollywood and this year it's honouring the shehenshah of Bollywood. It's not just an opportunity to see his work but the highlight is an interactive session with the man himself.
fan_of_Big_B thumbnail
Amitabh comes to the rescue of Sujoy Ghosh

Though Ramesh and Rohan Sippy have backed out of a commitment to produce Sujoy Ghosh's lavish spectacle Aladdin, in which Amitabh Bachchan plays the genie, the director is unflustered as the Big B has promised him his support.

"I've nothing to fear as long as God is on my side. And by God I mean Mr Bachchan. He's genuinely proved to be a genie in my career. He's with me through this project, and so is the rest of my cast and crew," Ghosh, who made the successful musical comedy Jhankaar Beats, told IANS.

"If you've the support of those who matter, it hardly matters if certain setbacks occur. Life isn't always fair. So what?"

Big B, known to be very close friends with the Sippys, not just through his own association with Ramesh in Sholay and other films, but also through Abhishek's friendship with Rohan, has decided not to let his personal relations colour his professional judgement.

"Sujoy is young, ambitious and totally mad. He has dreams," said Amitabh.

Ghosh has decided to produce Aladdin himself.

"Why not? I've the confidence. And I've the team behind me. So, yes, I'm producing Aladdin on my own."

As for the Sippys, they remain tight-lipped. After some prompting Rohan said: "Since we're in the process of redefining our arrangements with Sujoy it wouldn't be appropriate to comment at this time."

But the larger picture seems slightly unprofessional. It appears that the Sippys pulled the plug on Ghosh's spectacle to pump up the Nikhil Advani-directed Akshay Kumar action film that they're producing.
virgoqueen thumbnail
freaky foursome: Abhishek Bachchan, Lara Dutta, Preity Zinta and Bobby Deol in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
Ghoom, ghoom...!
By: Sarita Tanwar

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

freaky foursome: Abhishek Bachchan, Lara Dutta, Preity Zinta and Bobby Deol in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
Jhoom Barabar Jhoom

Starring: Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deol, Preity Zinta and Lara Dutta
Director: Shaad Ali
Rating: **1/2

What's it about: By now, we know what to expect from a Yash Raj film and that's the saddest part of Shaad Ali's new film, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. Big stars, awesome locations, top-notch production values, well-shot songs — but now, it all seems too well-orchestrated. The film begins with Alvira Khan (Preity Zinta) meeting Rikki Thukral (Abhishek Bachchan) at London airport. She's there to meet her future hubby Steve or Satwinder Singh (Bobby Deol) and Ricky is expecting his fiance Anaida (Lara Dutta). The respective spouses get delayed and the duo end up talking. The inevitable happens and they fall in love. Things get madder soon enough when their partners meet each other. And then, it's time for the queer quadruple to run amuck.
What's hot: Cinematogra-pher Ayananka Bose and choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant have contributed in taking JBJ many notches higher than it actually is. Paris has never looked better and Vaibhavi deserves accolades for the songs — especially the one with Amitabh and the Hollywood number. The second half of JBJ is breezier and funnier. Strangely, for a film whose protagonists are Abhishek Bachchan and Preity Zinta, it is Bobby Deol and Lara Dutta who bring in the magic. Lara's French act is super, as is her hooker look. Bobby Deol is in great form as the Punjab-da-puttar, who is dominated by his mother. And he's never looked better. Amitabh dazzles even in the teenie-weenie cameo. Can't imagine anyone else carrying off that bizarre ensemble.
What's not: Shaad Ali attempts to make a mad comedy but somehow it doesn't work. The story goes missing after a while and you have to console yourself with a series of moments that are interesting. It seems to have all the right ingredients but Jhoom just fails to get it right. It's like a khichdi garnished with spices borrowed from many successful recipes. For a comedy, it just doesn't bring on enough laughter. After a point, the film just drags and you hopelessly pray for the pace to pick up. Despite all the hype, the music of JBJ is disappointing. Except the title track, nothing really impresses. The whole Hindu-Muslim angle seems a bit forced and very Veer-Zaara-esque.
What's that: Why does Abhishek order a roll at the airport and not touch it for two hours while it sits in front of him? Shaad's obsession for the Taj Mahal is very much on display again after Bunty Aur Babli. And what were Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar doing in those blink-and-you-ll-miss-them roles? And the unravelling of Ricky and Alvira's lies in the end — a la Usual Suspects — well, was that really necessary?
What to do: If you didn't enjoy Bunty Aur Babli, then skip this one too. If you did, maybe you'll enjoy it.

virgoqueen thumbnail

• Aishwarya Rai eclipses Bachchans internationally

15th June 2007

Aishwarya Rai eclipses Bachchans internationally

Aishwarya is one among the Indians who have made it big internationally. After her critically appreciated role in Provoked and her completely international project The Last Legion it is now time to see our lady gorgeous on U.S television. No, she won't be doing a reality show but will be see in the top U.S sci-fi serial Heroes. Heroes-TV has reported that the actress will appear in 8 episodes of the up coming series of the NBC show about 'superhuman' beings.

'The science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006 and tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else… until they woke with incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel and flight. It's been said that Ash will play the role of Dr. Mohinder Suresh's elder sister Shanti Suresh, and will have a super-power of her own, something which has not yet been disclosed.' Ash will soon be shooting for the series in Los Angeles and the episodes will be aired in October this year. Hmm…so all those people who had doubts that Bachchans would eclipse Ash's career, should keep their mouth shut and wait till the lady overshadows Bachchans. Great going Lady!

virgoqueen thumbnail

virgoqueen thumbnail

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

Read all JBJ-Reviews here

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/648485

its garnerigng very bad audiece and critics reviews..I am quite shocked and sad! 😭 \

PS:Ms.Chandni-great siggys...U are damn talented keep it up😃

Yes. I was hoping for better reviews but I think the movie will do better in the later weeks!!--I really hope!

And great siggies..i will update them right now!!😉