Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

JJKN does not feature in latest ratings (Page 3)

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 14 December 2004 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Look Ekta's serial is having a diffrent kind of audience, Her serials has those women/men as audience who dont have much of work and they like fantasy and they are not much intrested in business.

JJKN had a niche auidience, But it was never able to leave a mark on those head bindi liking Ekta's auidience. So ekta's chunk was never harmed

JJKN auidience were those who had actually got tired of Etka twist!! These people were looking for some fresh story and JJKN promised that. But as and when the story seemed to be failing (long back) this lost intrest and viewers. Then the only thing remaining was to see a good guy being turned evil and vice-versa . This has happened alot of time in Ekta serials!! Also the week which's ratings are shown, definetly there was a major drop in viewership not because purab left jassi but because the unnatural way in which his exit was handled. Had they done somewhat better job!! I am sure it would have saved thier face, atleast i know one person who left watching the show not because purab left but  he said to me these words 'Do they think I am dumb to overlook 6 months?? If I need to overlook 6 months then why dont I do myself a better favour and I overlook the bloody whole year and half and just stop watching it and rather watch something new on other channel'

Also I guess the decision to make jassi 3 days a week and to focus more its other show seems to be stemming from these new rating reports. As the channel and advertisers get the ratings atleast one week before it is made public.

Also we saw a rise in reading of JJKN updates in the same week that the rating is show dropped so drastically, Does that means that the viewers are watching some other show at the time of JJKN and then just to know whats happening they are reading the update on our site?? Thats a mystery that remains unanswered.

Jammy.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 14 December 2004 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Jammy -

Very interesting and insightful. Thanks!
love_Jassi Groupbie
love_Jassi
love_Jassi

Posted: 14 December 2004 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

Originally posted by qwww

Hmm  - last week i thought I saw posts that said the ratings(trps) were the same for the weeks after Purab's departure. How is this possible ? Are there are 2 different set of ratings or am I missing something here ?

And the one I saw before had KKusum on top of the list not ksbkb

actually these ratings are for next week after purab's departure(i am guessing many people were still expecting purab back , these ratings are after it was confirmed that purab is not returning) . however purab is not the sole reason for the fall...it is actually the absurdity of the story that caused the show's fal. as giaa mentione kkusum is on top for sony ratings and kskbt for all channels. sony never makes it to top....it is normally around the bottom.

now for the reasons why ekta serials take the prize.......i am no fan of ekta serials and i think some of the episodes seriously degrade women and indian culture but ....ekta keeps the viewers  hooked (true ...the twists are vulgar and unreal) with all the spices(violence/murders/accidents/rapes/failed affairs/ miscarraiges/premarital pregnancies/tear jerkers....) that indian viewers crave. her shows excel when it comes to sets, costumes and acting caliber of actors. last and the biggest reason is that her shows were first in thier categories. kskbt was her first popular show and people got hooked on it...now it has become part of thier habits...hence they countinue to watch it. also her shows are comparitively more cohesive(compare jjkn) storywise and shockers(how many people thought ansh would suceed in marrying nandini and remain evil, how many people thought damini and gautam marraige would work out, how many people expected kali to end up marrying garv successfully). her show are unexpected by happy ending indian mentality.

Clap Very insightful analysis.

I feel the hype usually generated by Ekta serials and starplus(which really markets it's serials well) is also another reason why most of Ekta serials fare so well.Had Jassi been a starplus show,I'm sure it would definitely would have been handled differently.

Moreover the serials JJKN is pitted against on Mon,Tues and Wed on Star plus are really great and they were going through a lean patch are once more going gr8 guns.All three - DMNHC,Kehta hai Dil and Sanjivani are doing gr8.Thursday wasn't so gr8 with Saara Akaash but now they have stumped everyone by removing JJKN from the Thurs slot.

JJKN has actually picked up beautifully in the past fortnight but it has not been publicised enough to draw the audience away from the gripping throes of DMNHC,KHD or Sanjivani.They just don't have any idea what's gioing on and hence the fall. 

anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 14 December 2004 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
... pj Clap
alveera Goldie
alveera
alveera

Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:23am | IP Logged

pj and jammyClap well absence of story is the main reason of downfall.instead of working on story thay ae working on special appearances and if the serial have more cameos at the same speed they can surely have their name in guiness book for maximum no of cameos made in a serial

everyone is waiting for makeover lakin jassi ka rona dhona hi khatam hi nahi ho raha CryCryCry

Go to top