Rach thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Sujal sacked at last

By: Shaheen Parkar
   December 14, 2004

Starting Afresh:
Rajeev Khandelwal

Television heartthrob Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal) has been given the boot from the daily Kahiin To Hoga (Star Plus). This brings an end to his in-and-out-of-the-soap drama that had unfolded in the last few weeks.

"There was an issue and it has reached a logical end," says Khandelwal about his being out of the show.  "I had expressed my opinion on certain matters for the betterment of the show. They were not reciprocated by the producers (Balaji) and the channel."

Khandelwal, who had major issues with the serial's plot, will be shooting till December 15. He will be seen till next week after which for about eight episodes there will be no Sujal. The new actor playing the character is expected to begin shooting by the month-end.

"They were purely creative differences. I would like to leave on a cordial note and I am still shooting for it. I had expressed my unhappiness about certain things in the show which I do not want to elaborate but
then the production house thought otherwise," says   Khandelwal.

He adds, "I will miss playing the role of Sujal. That's sure for 110 per cent. It gave me all the fame and adulation. I have to detach from all that now. I have nothing on hand at the moment. I am looking forward to chilling out for a while and then starting afresh."

Producer Ekta Kapoor while confirming the development says, "He is out of the show. We are looking for a replacement which will happen soon. "

[email protected]

Winners

All: Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal) and Kashish (Amna Sharif) at the Indian Telly awards

A drama revisited

November 18:
Informs the producers that he is not happy with the show. Fans are telling him that his character is turning to be akin to Piyush's character (Rohit Bakshi) who was bumped off.

November 19: Bags the Best Debut, Best TV Personality, Best TV Couple (along with co-star Amna Sharif who plays Kashish) awards for Kahiin Tog Hoga at the Indian Telly Awards. Also performed on a medley of songs at the event held at Chitrakut ground, Andheri.

November 23: Wants to opt out of the show.

November 25: Declares that he now wants to be Rajeev Khandelwal, not Sujal. Says he has had its share of fame; feels the character of Sujal is losing its sheen.

November 29: Decides to stay on due to emotional pressures. Later leaves for shows in Maldives and Mauritius cashing in on Sujal in the stage shows.

December 13: Is out of Kahiin To Hoga

Edited by Rach - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rach thumbnail
So official announcement..😭..
wish him all the best in life....
neeta thumbnail
Sujal😭 cant watch the show without you😭
BTW who  will be new Sujal???😕
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
At least we have a final answer now, i hated that " Is he leaving? isn't he?" thing..............😭  B'bye Sujal and yes, KTH...............I wish him all the best............May God give him everything he wishes to achieve in life........We're with him.
kaleidoscope thumbnail

phew..........atlast..........😭

All the best Rajeev... may God give u whatever u wished for...

Guys KTH is nothing without Sujal so I am also saying ta ta to this show😭

Cheeni thumbnail

Very bad topic given to the article. He is not sacked as he left the show himself.

I m missing Sujal oops....not Sujal but Rajeev nowadays and i wish this show sinks like titanic even before the entry of next Sujal.

-Amisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess there is no turning back for Rajeev now. A little part of me was hoping against hope that he would not quit. But I support him in whatever decision he took. I hope we see him soon is a new serial or film. I'm going to miss him so much.😭
Ninelives thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i say gr8 abt sujal being out b'coz at least he did not wait for his popularity to diminish as it would have if they had shown him raping charu.....gr8 sujal for standing up to what u felt was immoral....we will all miss u very much...hope we see him soon in another brilliant performance.
seemu thumbnail
All the best bhaijan.....hope u achieve everything that u wish...and we all are with u.....
ANGELS thumbnail

guys someone just told me that sujal has not left and is still in kahin to hoga