LRL fic: Vanished Completed Ch 27 pg 17

andreamcl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey guys, here's a new one from me. Much more suspense in this one than in my previous, it's going to be a bit more of a mystery within the first few chapters which will unfold slowly. Let me know what you think!

'Vanished' Chapter One:

He climbs in her window in the middle of the night so silently that she doesn't even wake up.

It's only when he's shaking her awake with one hand over her mouth to prevent her from yelling that she realises he's there.

"Shh," he whispers to her, careful not to wake up Pooja who's sleeping in the next bed. It's only when she nods her head that he removes his hand from her mouth.

"I don't know how much time I have here," he tells her seriously, "So listen carefully to what I need to tell you…"

Two months later…

Huda had finally won.

Three days before they graduated from KMA, Naina had finally come to see him in his room. Just as she'd predicted he would all those years ago.

He had never given up asking her to marry him, he had done everything in his power to win her over and finally it had worked.

She had stood there quietly for a minute without speaking, just looking at him, her hands clutched tightly together as if she was nervous. Finally she had spoken.

"Huda I'm ready to get engaged to you." She had said simply and he had jumped in the air punching his fist and yelled out "Yes!"

He had hugged her then and she had hugged him back but even then she had felt so loose in his arms as if she was slipping away from him.

"But you'll have to wait for me, before I can get married there's some things I need to do."

Huda had nodded eagerly, no matter what is was that Naina needed to do he was prepared to wait, after all he'd waited for two years so far.

"Oh tikk hai Phoolan, just let me call up my mummyji, we can hold the engagement after graduation." There was no way he was going to give her time to change her mind.

She had just nodded quietly and turned to leave.

"Rukho Phoolan," he had called out, a doubt forming in his mind. "Tu khush ho, hai na?"

"Of course I am Huda," she had told him, a smile coming to her face "Why else would I finally agree?" And she had left.

He had been bursting with so much happiness that he wanted to share it with someone, so he rushed into the room next door to find Alekh practicing his English homework.

"I've won, Qaidi!" he called out joyfully "Phoolan finally mere hogaya!"

Alekh had looked up in surprise as soon as Huda had rushed into the room.

"What do they say…Congratulations." He told him, without any change of expression. "But if you've won then who's the loser?"

"Oy Qaidi, main bodh khush hoon, mujhe saath panga mat lo…" he started to say and then stopped at the look on Alekh's face, for once Alekh was completely serious.

"Kya matlab?" He asked him seriously.

"Chor do," Alekh said with a shrug. "There's nobody else left to compete with, is there?"

Huda just stared at him, wanting to pretend that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"I don't care," he told him "She's said yes and she's happy to marry me, I don't need to have won against anyone. Phoolan isn't a bet to me."

Alekh shrugged and packed up his books.

"Oy, where are you going ?"

"To tell your dulhan congratulations" Alekh said, and was gone.

And Huda was left thinking, had he really won or was it just that he was the only one left? All of his rivals were gone, and in the end had he won Phoolan or been given her?

With Captain Rajveer and Captain Abhimanyu gone only he remained…

Huda had finally won.

So why was it that he felt like he was only getting a consolation prize?

Ch 1, 2 on page 1

Ch 3 on page 2

Ch 4, 5, 6 on page 3

Ch 7, 8 on page 4

Ch 9, 10 on page 5

Ch 11 on page 6

Ch 12 + 13 on page 7

Ch 14 + 15 on page 8

Ch 16 + 17 on page 9

Ch 18 on page 10

Ch 19 + 20 on page 11

Ch 21 on page 12

Ch 22 on page 13

Ch 23 on page 14

Ch 24 on page 15

Ch 25 on page 16

Ch 26 + 27 (epilogue) on page 17

Edited by andreamcl - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yoginisahakari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey
it sounds interesting

pl update
RJOpal thumbnail
wow... that's all i can say... you're my inspiration for writing now!! 😃 keep it up!
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
cntinue n yup th person who climbed up was Raj na??? 😳 😳
do update n bring RN 2gthr 😉
andreamcl thumbnail
Hey guys, thanks for the great replies, that's especially sweet of you RJOpal to say that it really encourages me to keep going! And Minnee: well, I'm not going to reveal who it was that climbed up yet, and yes, I'm a big RN fan but you'll have to bear with me with the first bit of the story as the suspense needs to be maintained for awhile! And a big thanks to Yogini who always replies to my updates!
andreamcl thumbnail
Chapter 2

Three days later it was the moment they had all waited two years for, their graduation day.

The cadets woke up early, not wanting to waste a single moment of the day. They both got ready carefully, making sure that their uniforms were spotless and not a single hair was out of place. After all, this would be one of the most important moments of their lives.

"Can you believe we're finally graduating?" Pooja asked Naina excitedly, "I can't believe that we finally made it to this day after everything that has happened."

Yes, everything that had happened… Naina couldn't feel as happy as the others at the prospect of graduating. Despite her vow she hadn't been able to prove her brother innocent yet, and now she was bout to leave KMA. But as she had once been told, 'While breath remains there is still hope,' and Naina wasn't going to give up yet.

"So your parents will be coming, Pooja?"

"Of course! They would never miss it, Papa is planning to take lots of pictures of me on his new phone. And they're finally going to meet Ali's parents properly, I'm so nervous!"

"Don't worry Pooja, it will go fine with yours and Ali's parents."

Pooja nodded in agreement, both of their parents had finally given in and decided to get the two of them married. Now they just had to sort out the details.

"So Naina, your parents will be meeting Huda's mummy and daddy too, won't they?"

Naina was silent for a moment, a far away look in her eyes. "Yes Pooja, they've already talked on the phone but they'll be meeting each other for the first time."

"So what's going to happen with the engagement?"

"I think they've decided on one week after graduation," she smiled slightly at Pooja, "I'll be able to tell you a date by the end of the day, you'll come won't you?"

"Of course! Do you think I'd miss it? After all, it's my best friend and room mate's engagement!" Pooja became serious then, looking into Naina's eyes to try to guage her feelings, "You are happy about it, aren't you Naina?"

Naina gave a short laugh that wasn't exactly happy. "Why does everybody ask me that? Why else would I have agreed to it?" But she avoided looking in Pooja's eyes as she said it.

Pooja continued gazing at Naina, trying to see beyond the act that she was currently putting on. "Dekh doost, if you ever need to talk then my network will always be ready to connect with yours."

Naina nodded, "Thanks Pooja, but there's nothing like that."

Finally graduation time arrived and the cadets lined up to say their oath, watched over proudly by their parents and the faculty members.

"You know what would have made this perfect?" Yudi asked Alekh, "If Captain Rajveer had been here when we graduated, kash he…" But seeing the look on Naina's face, Yudi suddenly became silent, unwilling to say anything else.

The ceremony itself was relatively short, as BC limited his speech to about ten minutes. The cadets didn't even mind listening to him, they were so proud to be graduating. Then finally it was over and they were all finally lieutenants within the Indian Army. Ali's parents were perhaps the proudest of the lot, overjoyed that their son had finally fulfilled their dream and become an officer.

"Oy Phoolan," Huda said, approaching Naina after the ceremony, "Ah, hello Auntyji, Uncleji." And he touched their feet respectfully. "I am Amardeep Huda, I wanted to introduce you properly to my Mummyji and Daddyji." Naina's parents smiled at Huda, he was obviously in love with their daughter, and they were relieved that Naina had agreed to settle down. They had accepted that Naina may never be able to prove Navin had been innocent, and had been worried that she wouldn't move on with her life until she did.

"Sure, Beta" Naina's father said, "Let's go meet them."

Huda led the way and soon they were standing in front of his parents, both of whom were beaming with pride and happiness.

"Oy hoy," Huda's mother started "Kitni sohni guri hai, now I know why my son has been so desperate to marry her." Naina touched Huda's parents feet and put a small smile on her face. "It's very nice to finally meet you properly Uncle and Aunty."

Huda's mother then immediately started on Naina's parents, "Well let's get down to business, I think we should set a date as soon as possible, I want this girl to be my son's fianc before she changes her mind and rejects this naughty boy!" she joked.

"Mummyji, don't say that!" Huda scolded her, but Naina didn't laugh at the joke, or even smile. Instead she mainly looked down at the ground as if she was shy.

Within five minutes everything was settled, the engagement would be held in one week at Naina's house. When they began to discuss a date for the wedding too, Huda stopped them, remembering Naina's request to him. "I think it's better if we both settle into our careers first, the wedding can come later." Naina looked at Huda gratefully, she was glad he hadn't forgotten his promise. "Come on Phoolan," Huda told her, "Let's go tell our friends the date so that they don't make any other plans. I would hate for Ali and Pooja to get engaged on the same day!" He grabbed her hand and the two left.

Huda's mother watched them go thoughtfully, the girl was pretty and well mannered, but awfully quiet. It didn't seem like the typical quietness of a shy bride to be but something else…

She silently scolded herself for being too imaginative and got back to the business of planning an engagement.
kavyanjaliforev thumbnail
haila sounds so interesting the Nancy Drew mysteries or the naina mysteries 😊
Hats of to u
👏
👏
👏
👏
luv ya
zara
xxx
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail