Computers, Science, Technology

Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 35

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by albusdumbledore

Originally posted by johnandbipasha

aww maan dont you know a faster program Cry
it took 7 hours for the first half to finish and then it said another 6 hours for the second half i cant not wait that long im only 15 and im not allowed to keep my computer on for like a whole day Cry Cry Cry is there another program freeware? Cry i mean i started burning at 1.00pm in the after noon and till 11 at nigh it only had completed one part ..i dont understand why it isnt fast Cry ..is there anything i can do to mae it fast? like not be on the computer at the same time or not download when its in function?

I think the time that you're mentioning would be the time taken for AVI2DVD to convert the files from AVI to standard DVD format and then burning it. Also you've not replied to my earlier question regarding where exactly do you want to play it on. if its a latest generation DVD player its a chance that it will play the avi automatically. those ones generally have "DivX" written onto them.

If its not the case its only then that you need to do the steps aforementioned above.

Also the encoding time varies from system to system depending on the sys specs, free space amount of programs running (since this is a labor intensive process, I recommend that you do not do anything else while running an encoding process)

Hope it helped.

Tejas

wowwww you know something you sure know alot wow Clap keep it up well ..i want to play the dvds on a dvd player i live here in the U.K so ermm there are differernt dvd players some have the AVI player and some dont but i would like to burn it so it can play on all the dvd player so when i go out and about i can take them and play them there.. iv gone to the shops to look around and most of them here in the shops or where i live dont have a AVI player sooim a bit stuck here in the middle ..well i followed the steps on the tutorial you kindly found for me  and i followed them and its taken this long im suprised i expected it to take like 4 or 7 horus but not 13 hours (more than a half a day) Confusedhehe i was suprised

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 8)" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 07 August 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged
ok woooooooooooooo i fianlyl manged to do one film with the help of you thankuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did it in 9 hours
i wanted to ask is there no way i can like stop at a palce at one day and then start agne the other?

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 08 August 2007 at 2:57am | IP Logged
glad to know you could get it done.

Anyways as I said encoding is the most time-consuming part. thatz where the majority of your 13 hrs must have gone (12+ if i'm not mistaken). If you ever need any more help than I-F's CST Forum is always at your service.

Tejas

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 09 August 2007 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Viewbie's Note : Post edited for non-conformity to I-F code of conduct and to the CST sub-forums code of conduct.

Edited by albusdumbledore - 10 August 2007 at 1:02am

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 09 August 2007 at 4:26am | IP Logged

glad to know you could get it done.

Anyways as I said encoding is the most time-consuming part. thatz where the majority of your 13 hrs must have gone (12+ if i'm not mistaken). If you ever need any more help than I-F's CST Forum is always at your service.

Tejas

thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu .!! ermm do you know anything about hard drives

i mean my D drive everytime i put my computer on it ays we need to scan you D drive because it needs checking and iv bene todl by my uncle to do defragmaent ..and it wont let me do that so somehting is wrong wth it any ideas?

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged

i mean my D drive everytime i put my computer on it ays we need to scan you D drive because it needs checking and iv bene todl by my uncle to do defragmaent ..and it wont let me do that so somehting is wrong wth it any ideas?

We'll I'm just curious, why does it ask you everytime you turn on your PC. don't you let it complete even once. I think if you do then your problem will be over with.

Do let it complete once then tell me if you still have problems.

tejas  

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 11 August 2007 at 5:21am | IP Logged

We'll I'm just curious, why does it ask you everytime you turn on your PC. don't you let it complete even once. I think if you do then your problem will be over with.

Do let it complete once then tell me if you still have problems.

tejas  

yup iv let it complete everytime my ucle told me to so i do now its relaly annoying it says one of your disk need to be cheked for consistancy ..and it rwally annoys me ..it happenes everytime and i cannot even defragmanet my local disk D

i have also tried  this i have pressed F8  when  the computer stars and then my uncle told m to press well i can not remmebr the exact senetce but it was something like last known confirguration i think so i pressed it and still the scan keeps coming up Ouch

Edited by johnandbipasha - 11 August 2007 at 8:02am

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 11 August 2007 at 5:59am | IP Logged
also one more thing i converted the files and then used the tutorial you gave me and then i burned the cd and when the disk was verifing it had alot of errors and it stayed stuck on 61% so i aborted it and then i paleyd the movie bakc it played on nero and thn stopepd half way through Cry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top