Computers, Science, Technology

Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 36

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Which antivirus softwares do you have in your system?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 7)" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Backweb-8876480.exe is not a virus. It is a process that comes with the Logitech Products software. It manages the automatic update check. It also provides you the latest offers and products from Logitech.
But somebody may create a virus with this name. To determine whether it is really a virus, go to the following link and run scan from there.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/plib/seplib/?i d=des

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by johnandbipasha

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

since your file is in avi format you'll need third party tools to do the stuff for you.

there are two excellent tutorials how you can do so with third party freewares.

one is DVD Santa which you can download here and then read the tutorial here.

but I would recommend Avi2DVD + DVD Decrypter which is an excellent freeware . An excellent tutorial can be found here.

All links an tutorials are from AfterDawn.com which I must add is an excellent site if you need help on A/V.

hope this is of help, otherwise I'm always there.

Tejas

wow i muts sya ur brilliant at computers thanks alot ..ver clear too arent you thnks agen i dont understand why i have to change it to xvid to divx because where i downloaded the movies from like il copy and paste

iv downloaded jhoom barabar jhoom and the file information says

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom l 2007 l 1CD l DVD-Rip l Subs l XviD l 700MB

Encode Info

File Size
699.98 MB
Resolution
640x288
Subtitles
English
Frames/sec
RunTime
02:12:03
Video Codec
XVID = XVID Mpeg-4
Audio Codec
MPEG Layer 3
Video BitRate
639 Kbps
Audio BitRate
96 Kbps MP3 CBR

so i think it is alredy xvide isnt it Confused im soo sorry you must be banging your head im 15 hehe and trying to learn so i have to ask about sorry if im bothering you

XVIDE that you're using is a compression format used generally when you want to transfer the files over the internet. However whenever you want a DVD movie you would like the un-compressed thing to give you better quality.
The best thing that you should go with is I think. AVI2DVD. An excellent freeware.

Here's all you'll need.

Download AVI2DVD - Main      Mirror (Approx. Size : 24 MB)
Step by Step Tutorial - Here

Tutorial and Alternate download location courtesy of VideoHelp.com

It contains all the necessary steps you'll need.

What you'll get is the final files (VOB files) that you need to then burn onto your DVD using your fav DVD writer nero / dvd dycrypter etc...

Tejas

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 05 August 2007 at 9:19am | IP Logged

since your file is in avi format you'll need third party tools to do the stuff for you.

there are two excellent tutorials how you can do so with third party freewares.

one is DVD Santa which you can download here and then read the tutorial here.

but I would recommend Avi2DVD + DVD Decrypter which is an excellent freeware . An excellent tutorial can be found here.

All links an tutorials are from AfterDawn.com which I must add is an excellent site if you need help on A/V.

hope this is of help, otherwise I'm always there.

Tejas

wow i muts sya ur brilliant at computers thanks alot ..ver clear too arent you thnks agen i dont understand why i have to change it to xvid to divx because where i downloaded the movies from like il copy and paste

iv downloaded jhoom barabar jhoom and the file information says

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom l 2007 l 1CD l DVD-Rip l Subs l XviD l 700MB

Encode Info

File Size
699.98 MB
Resolution
640x288
Subtitles
English
Frames/sec
RunTime
02:12:03
Video Codec
XVID = XVID Mpeg-4
Audio Codec
MPEG Layer 3
Video BitRate
639 Kbps
Audio BitRate
96 Kbps MP3 CBR

so i think it is alredy xvide isnt it Confused im soo sorry you must be banging your head im 15 hehe and trying to learn so i have to ask about sorry if im bothering you

XVIDE that you're using is a compression format used generally when you want to transfer the files over the internet. However whenever you want a DVD movie you would like the un-compressed thing to give you better quality.
The best thing that you should go with is I think. AVI2DVD. An excellent freeware.

Here's all you'll need.

Download AVI2DVD - Main      Mirror (Approx. Size : 24 MB)
Step by Step Tutorial - Here

Tutorial and Alternate download location courtesy of VideoHelp.com

It contains all the necessary steps you'll need.

What you'll get is the final files (VOB files) that you need to then burn onto your DVD using your fav DVD writer nero / dvd dycrypter etc...

Tejas

wow your great help il sure try it out this week and let you know if it works thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 05 August 2007 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
i wanted to ask one more thing why do you recomen avi2dvd than the dvdsanta? and plus on the avi2dvd theres a menue link if i dont add a emnue and clik go will it sitll wrk properly i would have tried it but iv already wasted alot of dvd rw cd's trying to figure out how to burn them so imm asking Embarrassed

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 06 August 2007 at 2:17am | IP Logged

i wanted to ask one more thing why do you recomen avi2dvd than the dvdsanta? and plus on the avi2dvd theres a menue link if i dont add a emnue and clik go will it sitll wrk properly i would have tried it but iv already wasted alot of dvd rw cd's trying to figure out how to burn them so imm asking Embarrassed

First thing first. The reason I recommend AVI2DVD is that it is an entirely free program freely available on the net. that means there are no limitations to the DVD you want to create. whereas if you're prepared to go in for a paid solution then DVD santa is the best.

secondly the menu option is given only for those who want to make a professional looking DVD. it doesn't matter if you make a menu or not. you can also directly select go after making the required changes.

Making a MENU is an OPTION not a compulsion, to just try n give your DVD a better look.

thirdly always whenever you're trying to burn a DVD or VCD for that matter always try playing the content you're intending to write, before you finally burn it onto a disk. this will save you precious media if there is sumthing wrong with the files.

like in powerDVD it gives you an option to play a DVD from the HDD. you can always check first that the files are written correctly before you finally write them onto the disk.

Hope it helped.

Tejas

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 06 August 2007 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

aww maan dont you know a faster program Cry
it took 7 hours for the first half to finish and then it said another 6 hours for the second half i cant not wait that long im only 15 and im not allowed to keep my computer on for like a whole day Cry Cry Cry is there another program freeware? Cry i mean i started burning at 1.00pm in the after noon and till 11 at nigh it only had completed one part ..i dont understand why it isnt fast Cry ..is there anything i can do to mae it fast? like not be on the computer at the same time or not download when its in function?

Edited by johnandbipasha - 07 August 2007 at 3:20am

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:34am | IP Logged

aww maan dont you know a faster program Cry
it took 7 hours for the first half to finish and then it said another 6 hours for the second half i cant not wait that long im only 15 and im not allowed to keep my computer on for like a whole day Cry Cry Cry is there another program freeware? Cry i mean i started burning at 1.00pm in the after noon and till 11 at nigh it only had completed one part ..i dont understand why it isnt fast Cry ..is there anything i can do to mae it fast? like not be on the computer at the same time or not download when its in function?

I think the time that you're mentioning would be the time taken for AVI2DVD to convert the files from AVI to standard DVD format and then burning it. Also you've not replied to my earlier question regarding where exactly do you want to play it on. if its a latest generation DVD player its a chance that it will play the avi automatically. those ones generally have "DivX" written onto them.

If its not the case its only then that you need to do the steps aforementioned above.

Also the encoding time varies from system to system depending on the sys specs, free space amount of programs running (since this is a labor intensive process, I recommend that you do not do anything else while running an encoding process)

Hope it helped.

Tejas

Post Reply New Post

Go to top