Computers, Science, Technology

Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 35

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi03kas

i have another problem.
i just got a new laptop 2 weeks ago, but i'm having so many problems with it.
my latest problem is that the cd drive doesn't seem to work. it used to work, but now when i push the button, the cd drive doesn't eject and when i checked the device manager, it doesn't recognize any cd/dvd drive.
how do i make the cd/dvd drive work?

as you say the laptop is only two weeks old. instead of meddling around call up cust/tech support of your laptop and ask those guys to fix it for you...

If you don't need to take the headache then why do so on purpose... you'll only end up voiding your warranty that way.

hope that helped.

Tejas

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 4)" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by X-rebel

HI Tejas, my problem is a hardware problem.

For the past few months, wavy lines are coming across a small section of my monitor(Samsung 17" SyncMaster793MB) .

Is there a solution for it, or i will have to call the Samsung hotline for help and maintainance... (its outside warranty ) Ouch

Looks like a problem with your CRT..... what resolution/refresh rate are you using. I suggest you lower your refresh rate as well as resolution and see if the problem persists.

On how to change your refresh rate here's a good article.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000558.htm

Tejas

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
hello tejas...
i ahve a problem...the harddisk got viruses so..my system is formated today..but after formatting its running slow..i mean like when i open I-F website n scroll down..on screen the speed can be seen...as it goes down very slowly..not fast like before. and this is really very irritating.please help.......... Confused

X-rebel

IF-Dazzler

X-rebel

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by albusdumbledore

Originally posted by X-rebel

HI Tejas, my problem is a hardware problem.

For the past few months, wavy lines are coming across a small section of my monitor(Samsung 17" SyncMaster793MB) .

Is there a solution for it, or i will have to call the Samsung hotline for help and maintainance... (its outside warranty ) Ouch

Looks like a problem with your CRT..... what resolution/refresh rate are you using. I suggest you lower your refresh rate as well as resolution and see if the problem persists.

On how to change your refresh rate here's a good article.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000558.htm

Tejas

Thanks Tejas & Andro, i tried that, but its not a video card or driver issue, coz wen i had connected another LCD montor, it was absolutely fine.

So last option is approaching Samsung ??

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by friend_125

hello tejas...
i ahve a problem...the harddisk got viruses so..my system is formated today..but after formatting its running slow..i mean like when i open I-F website n scroll down..on screen the speed can be seen...as it goes down very slowly..not fast like before. and this is really very irritating.please help.......... Confused

Looks like a memory bottleneck to me...... try changing your Virtual Memory (the Page File) if you know how its well and good. The ideal size should be around 2 to 2.5 times your RAM size.

You can find out how much RAM your system has got by right-clicking
"My Computer" and selecting "Properties".

If you don't know how to set your Page File Size here is an excellent tutorial.

Hope it helps.

Tejas

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged

hello tejas....thanks for the help.
i read the tutorial n make the settings changed accord to that...but still the problem is not sorted out..what shall i do???? Confused Confused

still when i scroll down or scroll up ,the speed can be seen on monitor,s screen...its so slow.not scroling down/up smoothly n at once.

Edited by friend_125 - 15 July 2007 at 11:28am

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 4:45am | IP Logged
It is definately a memory or a processor bottleneck...

can you give me your sys specs.... like what processor you're using, what speed, amt of memory etc. that may help....

tejas

1212ps

1212ps

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
on my labtop use to watch all my favourte show on-line but now screen just stay blank i click on ready but nothing happend any help ?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top