Computers, Science, Technology

Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 36

Page 1
Page   of 36
Page 3 Page 36

cutie610

Groupbie

cutie610

Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Hi guys

My computer also have same kind of problem and I get Advertise keep coming on my computer. These Advertise are websites of dirty people.

Please give me a solution

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Computer Problems.... Ask here. (Page 2)" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cutie610

Hi guys

My computer also have same kind of problem and I get Advertise keep coming on my computer. These Advertise are websites of dirty people.

Please give me a solution

I can give you a few pointers on this.

First and foremost download Spybot Search & Destroy from here.

If you're using Spybot for the first time.... here's a very good tutorial.

Next up perform an Update in Spybot to make sure you've the latest updates.

• Open Spybot-S&D
  • Click on 'Update' in the navigation bar
  • Search for available updates
  • Select all available relevant updates
  • Select a download location
  • Download the selected updates
  • If you receive a Bad Checksum!! error select another download server
Next Run an Online Virus Scanner

• eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner Requires Internet Explorer. (If prompted on that page, allow Active X and the install of software - this is needed to scan your system)
    It may take a while to download the updates needed, and then you will be presented with a screen to scan your system.
Reboot your computer into SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, begin tapping F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open Spybot-S&D while still in safe mode.
  1. Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
  2. Repeat until no more items are found in red
a) Close Spybot-S&D
b) Reboot back into Windows and repeat the entire process once more.

Then post back if you have more problems.

Tejas  

abha12sood

Groupbie

abha12sood

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
HI
MY NAME IS ABHA AND I M NEW TO THIS FORUM

I HAVE A PROBLEM
WHENEVER I USE DRWING TOOLBAR IN MSWORD IT GIVES AN ERROR

REINSTAL,REPAIR EVERYTHING FAILS
CAN SOME1 HELP ME?

desi03kas

Groupbie

desi03kas

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
i downloaded some updates on my laptop because my antivirus program said to do so. when i restarted my laptop, a disk check thing started: CHKDSK

i tried to cancel it by pressing keys, but that wouldn't work. and for the past hour, it's been stuck at 8 percent.
how do i stop it? i'm unable to access anything in my laptop. please help me..... Cry

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi03kas

i downloaded some updates on my laptop because my antivirus program said to do so. when i restarted my laptop, a disk check thing started: CHKDSK

i tried to cancel it by pressing keys, but that wouldn't work. and for the past hour, it's been stuck at 8 percent.
how do i stop it? i'm unable to access anything in my laptop. please help me..... Cry

I think I've given you the answer by PM.

anyways.... sorry to all for not being here for the for the last week. was stuck with a pal's office computers.

but now I'm back and rocking.

tejas

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abha12sood

HI
MY NAME IS ABHA AND I M NEW TO THIS FORUM

I HAVE A PROBLEM
WHENEVER I USE DRWING TOOLBAR IN MSWORD IT GIVES AN ERROR

[IMAGE REMOVED]

CAN SOME1 HELP ME?

Hi Abha,

First things first.... please and I repeat please avoid typing in ALL CAPS... on the internet people do that only when you want to show that you are screaming on the person you are referring to. secondly avoid posting images in Bitmap (the .bmp extension) they take a lot of bandwidth causing people on dial-ups to choke on them... instead convert your images to jpg or gif and then upload them.

Ok now the preaching is over and over to your solution....   First what do you mean by
Originally posted by abha

CAN SOME1 HELP ME?

secondly did this start recently (like after you installed an app or made changes in your OS or installed an update etc) or this has always been the case.

I suggest you first update your Windows / Office with the latest security updates. to do so, go to
Windows Update or if you use Vista from here.

Then download Office updates from here.
Office Update

It will take sum time but download all the latest updates and install them.

then try going through the same process again... post here again if its repeated.

tejas
tejas

cutie610

Groupbie

cutie610

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Hi Tejas

I want to thank you for your help. I did all the process that you gave me.

My other question is that When I open my Internet Explorer. I get so many websites which just keep coming on my Screen.

Because of this problem, I use MSN Explorer. Is there a Solution for this problem.

Please reply
Thanks for your corporation.

desi03kas

Groupbie

desi03kas

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

Originally posted by desi03kas

I think I've given you the answer by PM.

anyways.... sorry to all for not being here for the for the last week. was stuck with a pal's office computers.

but now I'm back and rocking.

tejas

hi tejas,

thanks for helping me solve that problemSmile

however i have another problem:

when i try to go on a post on india forums it takes atleast 5 minutes for the page to load. when i go to the threads, theres no problem, but the posts take a long time to load. i dont seem to have a problem with any other site, but it happens only on this site

i dont know why this happens, especially since it takes longer for the page to load than when i used to use dial up...

i also have a problem with cookies on this site. when i try to log in on this site, the page shows an unsuccessful login and it says that i need to enable cookies on my web browser. how do i do this?

i know i'm burying u with my problems one after another, but i tried everything i could do, thats why i'm asking u for help...

anyways, thanks for solving everybody's computer problems. u really are a great helpTongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top