Top choreographer Ganesh Acharya's humble

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

maneet.n.shanak

IF-Rockerz

maneet.n.shanak

Posted: 10 June 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Top choreographer Ganesh Acharya's humble start

An interesting incident related to famous dance master Ganesh Acharya, who turned director with Swami, has recently come to light.

At one point Ganesh was looking for an actor to play Swami's friend, and he had told his production guys to get him one. Along with a friend, actor Vijay Kashyap went to meet Acharya on the sets. The minute Ganesh saw Vijay, he stood up and lambasted the guy for bringing Kashyap to the sets.

Vijay KashyapGanesh recounted emotionally that his mother had worked in Vijay's house as a maid, washing the utensils. He would have gone to meet him rather than Vijay visiting him on the sets. This story of a man's humble beginnings, not ashamed to own up to it, surprised everyone who heard it.

But when we spoke to Ganesh, he backtracked. "My mother worked in Vijay's house? I don't remember this, we have grown up facing hardships and have even survived on vada pavs, but this is news to me. It's not true. I have always lived with my mother and family. I don't know about her working as a maid."

What has been your mother's reaction to the film? "She is happy that Swami has been liked by all and I have been showered with love from everyone."

Swami stars Manoj Bajpai and Juhi Chawla - a sensitive film based on his parents' relationship.

Another humble beginning
Successful and revered filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has always acknowledged his rags-to-riches life. He used to accompany his mother to help her in door-to-door sale of soaps. Now he takes her to all the awards functions on stage to receive his awards.

In this industry, a person's background doesn't matter; it's always his talent and success that make the difference.

So, Ganeshbhai chill.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Top choreographer Ganesh Acharya's humble" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

veracity

IF-Sizzlerz

veracity

Posted: 10 June 2007 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Thx, yeh background should not make a difference, it's one talent and hardwork that should be looked at.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top