DOTW: Should Hogwarts remain open/closed?

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello...all you wizards and witches(mostly witches though😉)...

It's time for another week and for another discussion on the myriad subjects in our wonderful and lovely world of Harry Potter which we all love very much🤗☺️

So this time....we go back to school...the amazing Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy...

At the end of HBP...the Hogwarts teaching staff were all divided whether or not to re-open Hogwarts next year...
Hogwarts' Headmistress, Professor Mcgonagall herself did not want the school to remain open at all...preferring it to be closed and the students to be with their parents in these dark and difficult times...

So now I ask you....place yourself in the shoes of the Hogwarts' staff and ask yourself...

Should Hogwarts re-open for the next academic year? Bear in mind that keeping it open will make it a target of Voldemort and his precious Death Eaters and perhaps endanger the student community in Hogwarts...

OR

Should Hogwarts remain closed from now onwards till the war is over?? Remember that keeping it closed means first of all the students will not be educated about spells,hexes,curses,charms..anything to protect themselves from any sudden attack by the Death Eaters...and will be quite hopeless in such cases!

Have a happy Discussion!
Niyu, Harshu, Sam n Manshi!

HP Dev Team
Edited by xMarauderx - 16 years ago
uhmmm... well if you ask me i think keeping hogwarts open will invite a lot of problems and i dont think they can handle it on top of all this you know...

but then again from a students point of view education must never be compromised on... and its because of this education that ppl are able to run this school

but without dumbledore na a sense of security is lost and therefore without the pillar that is dumbledore running the school will become an emotional strain as welll...

and i dont think the parents will be too eager to send

and now that the battle has begun, education must be put on hold and fuill concentration must be given on the battle... this is what i fell 😳

❤️Ysh❤️
i thnk if it remains open den it wil more safe 4 d students...dere dey wil b educated abt defencin wich wil hlp dem a lot n dere wil more aurors or wizards/witches dan dere wil b ina house.....hogwarts wil b more safer dan house 4 students
i think its better for hogwarts to be closed
and as far as education is concerned,i am sure the parents can teach their kids for the time-being till the war is officially over.
Originally posted by friskysam

i think its better for hogwarts to be closed
and as far as education is concerned,i am sure the parents can teach their kids for the time-being till the war is officially over.
but den wat abt dose hu r muggle-born?
there are reasons for the both sides

# reasons for hogwarts to shut down.

1. Dumbledore was the most powerful wizard whom voldemort fear. Many people believed that just because dumbledore had been the headmaster, hogwarts was a safe place to send their children. but since dumbledore is killed and unfortunately , by death eaters , is a sign of hogwards weak defense. and the absence of dumbledore would mean that hogwarts becomes more valnurable to attack. so   the majority parents would not want to send their kids at hogwards

2. a teacher killing the headmaster is a great strain on the reputation in any situation. who would want to go to a school where teachers are killers.

# reasons for hogwarts to remain open :

1. political pressure: the ministry of magic is trying their best to make an impression to the people that under their rule people are safe. closing down of hogwarts is a sure way to ruin that attempt, and to ensure people that ministry cant protect them.

2. it disrupts the valuable education life of the present young generation

Originally posted by tukz_REmix

but den wat abt dose hu r muggle-born?

i think its safe for them to stay where they are cuz presently voldy is after Harry,i dont think he'll care abt the muggles

i think its safe for them to stay where they are cuz presently voldy is after Harry,i dont think he'll care abt the muggles

oh i disagree,  if voldemort wont do anything abt muggles then dogs wont chase cats :p

1. voldemort placed lucius malfoy as in the leading spot of muggle torture.
2. voldemort attacked/ordered the attack of a bridge , a muggle town .

in HBP, we have seen voldemort growing up with a distinct hatred towards muggles and pure blood supremacy . one of the main points of his campaign is to prevent the muggle borns from magical educations so that magical knowledge is only limited among pure blood society. so at some point, his followers would directly attack muggleborn wizards and their families. and also since voldemort's ultimate goal is to take over everything, he might go for the prime minister. why else do u think the ministry has placed an auror for his protection
Originally posted by Snape

oh i disagree,  if voldemort wont do anything abt muggles then dogs wont chase cats :p

1. voldemort placed lucius malfoy as in the leading spot of muggle torture.
2. voldemort attacked/ordered the attack of a bridge , a muggle town .

in HBP, we have seen voldemort growing up with a distinct hatred towards muggles and pure blood supremacy . one of the main points of his campaign is to prevent the muggle borns from magical educations so that magical knowledge is only limited among pure blood society. so at some point, his followers would directly attack muggleborn wizards and their families. and also since voldemort's ultimate goal is to take over everything, he might go for the prime minister. why else do u think the ministry has placed an auror for his protection

i do know abt it but dont u think tht his ultimate goal presently is to kill Harry,he despises this kid n iIMO he will gather all his strengh to kill him,after tht he'll sure be after the muggles.

i do know abt it but dont u think tht his ultimate goal presently is to kill Harry,he despises this kid n iIMO he will gather all his strengh to kill him,after tht he'll sure be after the muggles.

that doesnt mean he'll ignore his other goals