Advice Corner

Regarding brisk walking

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

geetangali

geetangali

Posted: 10 June 2007 at 5:32am | IP Logged

HAI

Few people said that we should not brisk walk for more than half an hour is it true

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Regarding brisk walking" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sunrise Coach

Groupbie

Sunrise Coach

Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
I do that a lot, but after a while, I feel like I'm ready to drop to the floor.

I knew a friend once who always brisk-walked, and boy, it got me huffing and puffing!!

If you don't feel right after brisk walking, then don't do it. Just walk on your own pace.

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:04am | IP Logged

^^ I agree with you.

It all depends on the level of comfort. My dad has always brisk walked, everywhere he goes. We are always trailing behind. It hasn;t proved harmful to him as of yet, so I don't think more than half an hour would cause a problem if you are comfortable with.

In my fitness class last year, we were made to run two miles everyday. It was basically brisk-walking but to finish it in time, we had to run. And, there was this one guy, who just walked but walked so fast that he would finish way before everyone else, even though we ran. But, that's the way it walks everywhere.

So, I don't think it's bad for you as long as you don't exert yourself too much!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top