Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

tiki5434

IF-Dazzler

tiki5434

Posted: 10 June 2007 at 9:24pm | IP Logged

aaah iswak.. for some reason.. ariel lin really really bugged me throughout the series.. XD

otherwise, it was good.. not great, but good... (haha don't kill me all you iswak crazy kids!)

out of the whole thing, the special was my favorite.. so funnyyyy.. and of course jiro.. how can i forget jiro?! jiro's always awesome

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ISWAK...DISCUSSION (Page 2)" in Asian Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 10 June 2007 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

i have to agree with you taheera, but iswak grows on you. i did not like it much at first but i rewatched some of my favorite episodes a number of times and it was soon one of my favorites. in fact one of the best things about the show (and i missed out on it in my first viewing) is gradual change in zhi shu's attitude towards xq. the subtlety of change is admirable(at least the director thought about it). in first two episodes zs treats her as a nuisance , after he sees her working hard...he begins to mellow down slowly. if you notice every episode had zhi shu mellowing down more and more until it becomes borderline caring, in later episodes he does not like others saying anything about her.there is a subtle change in his tone, way he looks at her and finally his attitude and smile (goes from sarcastic sneer to that of accepting patience). even when he messes up with her mind with all those romantic innuendoes, the progression is from being simply devilish to almost sincere (his threatening of accosting her in episode 3 when she tries stealing his stuff and his hint at how he might have considered dancing with her since she is so cute in christmas episode).

as far as xiang qin goes i have to agree she was odd with her stalking and overboard stupidity but i find her character still one of the best in generally overboard taiwanese shows. hanakimi has rexie who made these odd constipated faces (i can hardly understand how jian fell for her), meteor garden has barbie who wears her poverty like a badge of honor and comes out looking almost as, if not more conceited than f4. rainie in dby seems to have no free will and is puppet in hands of ahmon and his seduction. xiang qin does grow up in later episodes where she decides to date ah jin or stays back at home on christmas. also she would have wisened up quick but zhi shu never lets her give up. in fact everytime she decides to walk out , he does something unexpectedly sweet to give her hope for example in episode 3 , he could have kept quite but he challenges ah jin's presumption that he will never like her.
   that way given that the story spans 5 years and the couple live in close proximity and are often left to thier own devices, i can see how they would end up appreciating each other.our whole premise of arranged marraiges is based on such presumption. xiang qin is pretty sure that she is bound to fail yet she cannot stop trying, on the other hand zhi shu who has everything so easilly might be envious of the fact that she atleast has a aim that she has to work for. philosphicaly for a logical person , dreams and faith/hope are as seductive as beauty or intelligence. if you are a science fiction buff like me, aliens often are impressed by the relentless spirit of human heart.
    of course the acting of joe and jirro makes it worth watching, about ariel i am not too sure . in all honesty i sympathise with zhi shu who is saddled with photography crazy mother and now a crazed xq. however , probably only xq can stand his mean/cold behaviour and manipulations and still love him whole heartedly .

Edited by pj04 - 11 June 2007 at 12:10am

sweethoney06

IF-Rockerz

sweethoney06

Posted: 11 June 2007 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
i liked ISWAK!!..although i must say some episodes were quite a drag..meaning they were really unnecessary..they only picked up and got better close to the ending Smile

i liked ariel lin and joe in the show....sometimes ariel tend to really bug me tho..cuz she was like obsessed with him..and followed him everywhere Ouch

but after i will i started getting used to it.....

tiki5434

IF-Dazzler

tiki5434

Posted: 11 June 2007 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

puja.. you made some really valid points there! Clap joe's transformation was, indeed, awesome..

what you said about barbie in mg... now that i look back on it, you're absolutely right! her poverty card got a bit annoying >.< compared to that, i liked hyd much better haha

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 12 June 2007 at 10:30am | IP Logged
well let us say that among lead ladies after jassi ,barbie in mg annoyed me the most. these women seemed to fake strength and confuse strong will with rudeness and concietedness. on top of it all the idea of every tom, dick and harry falling for them made the whole situation even worse. i simply hate barbie in mg and smpathised with dom si through out the series(miraculously he too turned from aggresive personality to wimp after he fell for barbie). in comparison donyouji maintains his strength, pride and power thru out the hyd series despite loving makino crazily. makino too comes across as a sweet yet strong person.she rarely plays the poverty card and she never tries to change domyouji but accepts him as is. this goes too show how director and actors can make a huge difference to a show(both mg and hyd are interpretations of same story).
     xiang qin on the other hand is silly and obsessed ,however probably lack of mother's presence is the cause of her unrefined stand. i find it almost interesting , how well she understands zs and how she almost ends up being his inspiration and strength . she helps him with his company designing the game, making a career choice, morally supporting him when he is down with his father's sickness, or is angry at his parents for thier manipulation. eventually it is her determinedness that saves the jiang company.
    well from what i gather in sequel zs is still cold and quiet (somebody should tell indian directors to get inspired becoz people don't change overnight despite thier feelings for someone). however now that xq is married , her level of expectations have gone up which what causes trouble. she belives that zs does not care for her , zs believes that he has expressed his love by marrying her and that should be enuf. she wants him to shout out his love from rooftops, zs does not want to do it since it makes no sense to him. i guess that is how most real life marraiges are.

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 12 June 2007 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
i agree with u tiki, i wasnt raving mad about Iswak like i became after other shows partly because ariel's character just annoyed the heck out of me till the end, but overall it was a good show...character development was gr8 and ofcourse joe and jiro were hot as usual....but i have to say they did stick in episodes that just dragged the whole thing out....it could have been short n sweet lol.....

btw did u know that due to view demand they had to extend the show to a full year....thats how popular it became so thats why theres some mix ups in the seasons

tiki5434

IF-Dazzler

tiki5434

Posted: 12 June 2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged

really?! O_O that's insaaaane... but as far as twdramas go.. it WAS pretty good Tongue

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 12 June 2007 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
it has one of the most satisfying tw drama endings...and now theres a sequel..perfect...definately looking forward to more ariel n joe action

another iswak fast factLOL did u know the show had a total of 6 kissing scenes...but only 4 of them were scripted...the other 2 were spontaneously done by joe n arielBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top