TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

John's offer got even Hotter

It's official. John Abraham who said he wouldn't ever tom-tom his prospects abroad until a project crystallizes in Hollywood, has done it.

He's all set to play the male lead opposite the Constant Gardner, Constantine, Mummy actress Rachel Weisz in Deepa Mehta's Luna.

The deal was finalized just a few days ago. John flew off to Cannes on Saturday ostensibly to support his new UTV venture Goal.

Now we hear that he may share screen space with Hollywood doyen Dustin Hoffman playing a character that is not Indian.

Hoffman, according to a leading tabloid may play the antagonist opposite John in Deepa's much-talked-about film Luna, based on the real life story of American environmentalist Julia Hill.

According to Deepa Mehta, Dustin will probably play the role of the chief of the lumber company with whom Julia Hill fought a battle of wits in 1997 by doing a two year 'tree-sit' and ended up starting a whole new movement.

Dustin will act the kingpin industrialist who pushed environmentalist in the US into a battle for conservation.

Deepa has confirmed the report and is quoted as saying, "My producers Warner Brothers are in the final stage of negotiations with Dustin Hoffman to play the head of the timber mafia."

Deepa, who had earlier cast John in her film Water, is obviously very excited about the possibility of getting John and Dustin together in a film.

The film will go on the floors by the end of June.

Since John is playing the lead role in the film without being presented as an Asian or ethnic character, this could be his chance to carve a place for himself in international cinema.

Aishwarya has done some international films but always as an Indian woman. Similarly, Salman Khan plays an Asian character in the film Marigold which is currently in the process of being wrapped up

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=15235

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LOVE_DOSTI thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
why he wants to be like Salman?
gosh! i really hate that.
oh well, i like him but not much
i hate it when he just shows off like this

oh well.
sorry to his fans. don't meant to hurt u πŸ˜›
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
wowwwwwwwww go jon rock the world
missy14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

omg..salman have the out look but..john is lokking kind of .... πŸ˜•

**please no bashing**

Edited by preity*zinta - 16 years ago
Originally posted by: missy14

omg..salman have the out look but..john is lokking kind of πŸ˜•

mmhh....u need imdiate eye surgeryπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
u go john ur d hotest...luv ya😳

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Wow, congratz John... way to go! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
preity*zinta thumbnail

Originally posted by: LOVE_DOSTI

why he wants to be like Salman?
gosh! i really hate that.
oh well, i like him but not much
i hate it when he just shows off like this

oh well.
sorry to his fans. don't meant to hurt u πŸ˜›

I don't think he's trying to be like Salman .. This is a GREAT opportunity and it woulda been really dumb of John's to turn down such a great opportunity down!!

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
SOrry to John's fans but I just don't like him. 🀒

I love Shahid, Arjun, aftab, Salman, srk and other cutiest and hottest because they have talent and NOT just hot body. 😳 Edited by veryuniquestyle - 16 years ago