Poor govt, cops, lawyers, or are they?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

πŸ€—to all,

I have only got a couple of questions. After staying in India for almost a month, I have had to see and mostly watch on Aaj TakπŸ˜†...

1. Dera Vivad in Punjab -- jalandar band for a day; punjab band for a day, violence in Batinda, jammu etc., roads getting blocked by Dera supporters or Sikhs in protest, cops just acting as bystanders... govt. supporting the band in punjab... a little bit calmed down now, but still going on I believe

2. Gujjar community vs. rajasthan govt; gujjars doing protests regarding unfulfilled promises  by govt on reservation, roads blocked, rail-roads blocked/destroyed, train/bus services affected, passengers/tourists caught in rajasthan, govt. inviting the opposite group (meenals?) to suppress gujjars (idiotic move), hence clash between groups, too, open fire by police at protestors, cops dead, too, lots of property lost... govt. only talked of/got compromise after 6 days...plenty of people dead by then, and lots of inconvenince for "normal" people, and then govt. celebrating (jale par namak🀒) openly. Issue on hold for 3 months now.

3. Delhi band in support of gujjars in rajasthan... peaceful protest turned into blocking traffic for a day, throwing stones at DTC busses, lots of property lost, passengers hurt, and cops did NOTHING. finally supreme court asks who is gonna pay up, and why cops did nothing.πŸ‘

4. News on tv. about cops beating up an old guy (who was in police dept. earler) ...cops drunk in police-station; News about general public (a lady) beating up a lawyer (2) with her chappal, and the lawyer was in blood.  cops came later...News on tv. about laywers holding a dalit guy to a tree outside the court, spitting on him, shavng his head off for some reason... cops doing nothing again.

I can' believe how much I have seen just in a month.πŸ˜† 

Who is to be responsible in these situtations? people are beating up law-makers, and vice-versa. People are doing so much damage to property; govt. is playing its own games. How can any  country progress as such? how does one beat this system? What is to be done? Do you believe that govt. actually promotes caste system thru reservation? How do you go about changing this system? who is to take the first step? HOw? Change it to what to promote diversity? Income based system?

Not a great description of all, but still hoping to find some good answers.

Persy

Ps. Please vote to keep Taj Mahal in 7 wonders list. Vote at new7wonders.com (I think or google). Also, is soumya back?πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Glad you are enjoying you stay... help us understand the debate please

Poor Govt/Cop...? or something else.

lolss, are we all scared by MR, lolss don't be, I think she had great points ... don't worry and feel free to find a debate here, based on assumptions.
persy...it's just like here in the US...the Iraq war and now the development in Iran is always in news. Every country has its highs and lows yaar.

Originally posted by raj5000

Glad you are enjoying you stay... help us understand the debate please

Poor Govt/Cop...? or something else.

lolss, are we all scared by MR, lolss don't be, I think she had great points ... don't worry and feel free to find a debate here, based on assumptions.

What are you talking about?πŸ˜•πŸ˜† 

I mean who starts all this? govt. or people? why are people beating up law-makers, and law-makers destroying peace? IT's like nobody cares about the consititution or something?πŸ˜• who is to be sympathized with? who is right and who is wrong?πŸ˜• It's just wierd to see this happen.

Gauri, what's the Iran development? What did I miss?πŸ˜› Bush doing some new trick?😑

Persy

Originally posted by reeps

What are you talking about?πŸ˜•πŸ˜† 

huh!! πŸ˜• never mind!

I mean who starts all this? govt. or people? why are people beating up law-makers, and law-makers destroying peace? IT's like nobody cares about the consititution or something?πŸ˜• who is to be sympathized with? who is right and who is wrong?πŸ˜• It's just wierd to see this happen.

Gauri, what's the Iran development? What did I miss?πŸ˜› Bush doing some new trick?😑

Persy

I mean who starts all this? govt. or people?

I will say, People coz they make govtπŸ˜›

Originally posted by reeps

πŸ€—to all,

I have only got a couple of questions. After staying in India for almost a month, I have had to see and mostly watch on Aaj TakπŸ˜†...

1. Dera Vivad in Punjab -- jalandar band for a day; punjab band for a day, violence in Batinda, jammu etc., roads getting blocked by Dera supporters or Sikhs in protest, cops just acting as bystanders... govt. supporting the band in punjab... a little bit calmed down now, but still going on I believe

This is religious sentiment.... who did it.... the religious gurus and dera guru....

2. Gujjar community vs. rajasthan govt; gujjars doing protests regarding unfulfilled promises  by govt on reservation, roads blocked, rail-roads blocked/destroyed, train/bus services affected, passengers/tourists caught in rajasthan, govt. inviting the opposite group (meenals?) to suppress gujjars (idiotic move), hence clash between groups, too, open fire by police at protestors, cops dead, too, lots of property lost... govt. only talked of/got compromise after 6 days...plenty of people dead by then, and lots of inconvenince for "normal" people, and then govt. celebrating (jale par namak🀒) openly. Issue on hold for 3 months now.

This is caste's demands..... who did it the gujjar leaders.... the people just follow

3. Delhi band in support of gujjars in rajasthan... peaceful protest turned into blocking traffic for a day, throwing stones at DTC busses, lots of property lost, passengers hurt, and cops did NOTHING. finally supreme court asks who is gonna pay up, and why cops did nothing.πŸ‘

Again the caste demands.... who did it... the Gujjar MPs... the leaders in delhi who have some power there....

4. News on tv. about cops beating up an old guy (who was in police dept. earler) ...cops drunk in police-station; News about general public (a lady) beating up a lawyer (2) with her chappal, and the lawyer was in blood.  cops came later...News on tv. about laywers holding a dalit guy to a tree outside the court, spitting on him, shavng his head off for some reason... cops doing nothing again.

Who did this.... Aaj tak... the news channel just show all the spicy things .... and this happens all over the world not only in India.... u have people shooting lawyers in USA and other parts of the world too and vice versa...

I can' believe how much I have seen just in a month.πŸ˜† 

Ur time just turned out to be wrong

Who is to be responsible in these situtations?

People, who blindly follow the leaders who want positions... and literacy rate which does nt allow independent thinking of people....

people are beating up law-makers, and vice-versa. People are doing so much damage to property; govt. is playing its own games. How can any  country progress as such?

Thats why rather than just writing frustration or ignoring this things will not work... the society has to change its views and only people can change this situation.... the society is  changing and we can see the progress in more developed states... However damage to public property and private property remains to be the core area of concern, poverty is the base reason for this as this people are paid for doing this violence by few leaders ....

how does one beat this system? What is to be done?

People have to wake up and not follow  the selfish leaders.... they need to have independent thinking... Only change of thinking in people of India can change it.... but its not easy to handle the population of 1 billion over

Do you believe that govt. actually promotes caste system thru reservation? How do you go about changing this system?

Government is promoting caste system for vote purposes.... this can be stopped legally or willingly.... I believe that the government should legally ban the castes and punish the people calling names on castes.... only religions should be prevalent.... and then also there should be no reservations....

Willingly it can be done by people by changing their own thinking... it has lot to do with their upbrining and surroundings

who is to take the first step? HOw? Change it to what to promote diversity? Income based system?

There are few people fighting agaist the government policy to divide the country in castes.... but those have been the peaceful protests.... i would say the only peaceful protests in last few years... except for jesica laal case.... However police was very much active on this peaceful protesters and they just sat against violent protesters....

Not a great description of all, but still hoping to find some good answers.

Persy

Ps. Please vote to keep Taj Mahal in 7 wonders list. Vote at new7wonders.com (I think or google). Also, is soumya back?πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Finally....

It is the people who are responsible for this and it is only them who can change it.... and I am the part of people so I can change it too😊

Gujjar leader Bainsla goes underground

Onkar Singh in Jaipur | June 07, 2007 | 11:32 IST

Col Kirori Singh Bainsla, who led the Gujjar agitation in Rajasthan last week, has gone underground following the registeration of murder cases against him and senior agitation leaders.

In fact, most of the Gujjars against whom cases have been registered have fled the state to escape arrest.

While state police maintain that Bainsla is not with them, family members of Col. Bainsla insist that the man has not reached his home for past two days.

Col. Bainsla is expected to resurface in Pushkar on June 8 where the details and circumstances under which an agreement was reached would be considered.

Legislator Govind Singh Gujjar has expressed his resentment against the agreement in open and wanted to know why it was signed in the first place, he told newsmen in Jaipur on Thursday.

Meanwhile Dr Roop Singh Gujjar, who was the main leader between the media and the Gujjar leadership during the peak of violent agitation, has accused Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia of going back on her word that Gujjar leaders would not be prosecuted.

"Now we are told that hundreds of FIRs are being registered against the Gujjar leadership," he said on phone.

Dr Roop Singh is himself camping outside Rajasthan, possibly in Haryana, to avoid arrest for the cases registered against him though he pleaded ignorance that any case had been registered against him in person.
Public = Donkey πŸ˜• .......................
.............................Lot to say ... 😊