Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 8:17am | IP Logged

atleast once we all have goen to see ciircus and enjoyed the bike riding by monkeys, horse walking backward, tiger jumping through fire ring, lion and Giraffe shows, hippo going through the circle, elephant rides.

I always enjoyed the circus and try to take my kids there too. In India, circus are going extinct. APollo claimed that gov does not give them right as Industry and also bans them, from keeping animals now as they term it it as animal cruelty. That made me think if circus should really have animals in there.

Animlas are animals, they do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. To force them to perform these confusing and physically uncomfortable tricks, trainers use whips, tight collars, muzzles, electric prods, bullhooks, and other painful tools of the trade

so should they go through this torture to entertain us. Would you go to a circus with no animals in thwere

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Circus..entertainment or animal cruelty" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~globetrotter~

Groupbie

~globetrotter~

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

atleast once we all have goen to see ciircus and enjoyed the bike riding by monkeys, horse walking backward, tiger jumping through fire ring, lion and Giraffe shows, hippo going through the circle, elephant rides.

I always enjoyed the circus and try to take my kids there too. In India, circus are going extinct. APollo claimed that gov does not give them right as Industry and also bans them, from keeping animals now as they term it it as animal cruelty. That made me think if circus should really have animals in there.

Animlas are animals, they do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. To force them to perform these confusing and physically uncomfortable tricks, trainers use whips, tight collars, muzzles, electric prods, bullhooks, and other painful tools of the trade

so should they go through this torture to entertain us. Would you go to a circus with no animals in thwere

I think it all depends on what species of animals are used and how the animals are treated while under the care of the trainer. I have two dogs of my own, and I do know for a fact that certain animals enjoy the whole training process, and learning tricks provides them with the mental stimulation they need to stay out of trouble under domesticated conditions. My german shepherd, for example, absolutely loves to learn new tricks, and I've been able to teach him all sorts of tricks - from bringing me the remote to rolling over and pretending he is dead. Whether circuses ought to be banned also has a lot to do with the training techniques used by the trainers (not all trainers use positive reinforcement), how the animals are taken care of by the trainers (not all animals are treated well), and the animal species used and how it was acquired (I am against the use of wild animals being captured and taken from the wild solely for the purpose of entertainment).

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 9:58am | IP Logged

It totally depends on how they are treated. If animals are taught to do tricks, what's the cruel part in that? Humans also have to learn various things during their lifetime for various reasons. That is not necessarily cruelty.

Using animals for research purposes is really wrong, according to me. But for circus purposes, I really don't see harsh acts of cruelty being perpetrated on animals.

And, the question whether anyone will go to the circus without animals or not. I wouldn't. Humans are seen acting stupidly all the time at various places, why give money to see that in circus? Animals could be more entertaining, for a change! Wink

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged

most people have to endure one form of punishment or the other when they are working. gotta do all that to be well fed. maybe animals should understand that LOL

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 11:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by chatbuster

most people have to endure one form of punishment or the other when they are working. gotta do all that to be well fed. maybe animals should understand that LOL

LOLLOLLOL so trueLOL 

Gauri and CB, the difference is, humans choose who to dance for Wink (professional and personal life) , whereas circus animals are forced to .. Tongue

Edited by mermaid_QT - 04 June 2007 at 3:50pm

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

LOLLOLLOL so trueLOL 

Gauri and CB, the difference is, humans choose who to dance for Wink (professional and personal life) , whereas circus animals are forced to .. Tongue

Hu"men" are akin to the animals... and Hu"women" are akin to the trainers...The difference is that the animals in this case love to dance....  and trainers have to work hard (keep looking goodLOL) to keep the animals  dancing LOL

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 June 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

LOLLOLLOL so trueLOL 

arre yaar, not if you were one of those humans.Tongue humara pet bana kar kya haal kiya jaata hai yeh humare dil se poochoWinkLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top