SC orders Abrar to omit ‘Parveen’

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:28am | IP Logged

SC orders Abrar-ul-haq to omit 'Parveen' from song

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Monday directed pop singer Abrarul Haq to omit the name 'Parveen' from his song 'Parveen tu Bari Namkeen' and not use such names in his lyrics in future. He was ordered to present an amended version of the song before the court within two weeks. Acting Chief Justice Javed Iqbal and Justice Sardar Raza Khan issued these directives while conducting suo moto proceedings initiated after a letter written by a girl named Parveen was published in the press. Dr Khalid Ranjha, counsel for the defence, argued the name used in the lyrics is 'Permeen' and not 'Parveen'. However, he said his client would omit even this reference. After hearing, Abrar said the letter had proved fictitious. He said the principal of the college had issued a certificate testifying that there was no student named Parveen at his institution. staff report

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

amy22

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SC orders Abrar to omit ‘Parveen’" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

modishh

IF-Veteran Member

modishh

GES 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 10:29am | IP Logged
awww..poor ibraar..

aisha92

Goldie

aisha92

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 11:58am | IP Logged
awww poor him........didnt he hav 2 go through sumthin similar wen he sang nach panjaban? they made him change it 2 majajan ryt?

Dhruvie

Super Videobie

Dhruvie

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
omg.....Why the heck do they have the same problem with him all the time...its just a song for god's sake...
this is so stupid... Embarrassed

gr8amna

gr8amna

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
seriously .. what do they have against him??

and its not even parveen!!!

its just a song ... so manyyyy singers use real name sin there song ... hez not addressing to one perveen named girl ..... seriously people go get a life!!! Confused

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Well, yes, I heard he also had to change pajaban to majajan, which was quite a bad idea. Punjaban is just more fun to hear.

Oh my God, 'Perveen tu bari namkeen', who had THIS idea? *LMHO*
LOL

I personally don't think there's any need to change it, it's hilarious. But actually, it is quite immoral, as girls whose name's Perveen, are going to have big problems.

And, by the way, friends... I don't believe that there was not even ONE student who's name is Perveen, I don't believe it. I think Abrar's just trying to save his reputation.

Edited by amy22 - 01 June 2007 at 2:28pm

gr8amna

gr8amna

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

umm .... it could be possible ... maybe it was a small college!!!

or maybe he meant that there was no girl named perveen who actually wrote the letter :)

i dont see anything wrong with it ... if he made a song in which he used amna with such lyrics ... i wouldnt mind ... coz its just a freaking song!!!!!!!!!! GOSH!

EDIT: oh and by the way .. isnt the song's name permeen and not perveen ????Confused

Edited by gr8amna - 01 June 2007 at 2:32pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top