TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide
TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide

MP3 Player built in Sunglasses.

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Sunglasses-plus-MP3 player!!

It seems like a cool idea — sunglasses with a built-in digital music player and speakers.

No headphone cables to untangle as with most portable players. Music actually riding on your ears. Zero retinal damage from ultraviolet radiation.

Still, for music fans looking be rid of tangled earphone cables and arm or waist-riding players, Thump at least delivers a solid playback — as long as you can keep the earbuds in place.

Oakley mounted the digital player's hardware on the frame's temples, including a sliding and pivoting feature to help adjust the speakers to the wearer's ears.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 12 December 2004 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
WOW. ITS SORT OF UNBELIEVABLE
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:39am | IP Logged

Do u know what the price is like....

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Its really nice.

Thinking of purchasing SmishaWink???

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smisha

Do u know what the price is like....

smisha have a look at this,

And if Oakley's new breed of eyewear, dubbed Thump, retailed for about $100, it might be a tempting alternative to some of the rudimentary flash memory card music players on the market.

But these supershades cost $395 for a pair with 128 megabytes of memory and $495 for the 256-megabyte version, which sports polarized lenses. With typical audio compression rates, that means the larger version holds roughly 64 four-minute songs.

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
thanks HUMM! I want that for my next birthday or even EID! I will buy it myself if no one gifts it to me!LOL
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently ordered a Apple IPOD (20 Gig) for myself and would be getting it on 25th Dec.

IPod is the current craze and the best MP3 players currently available and could be the best gift (atleast for me) for a music lover.

For a preview as seen on Apple's website:

Featuring the fabulous Apple Click Wheel first introduced on iPod mini, iPod offers up to 12 hours of battery life. Weighs in at just 5.6 ounces. Slips into your pocket with ease. And lets you carry your entire music library with you wherever you go. iPod — available in 20GB and 40GB models for $299 and $399, respectively — continues its stand as the archetypal digital music player for Mac and Windows.

iTunes Music StoreiTunes Music StoreiPod 40G

A musical dream come true, the fourth-generation iPod offers voluminous capacity, letting you easily slip up to 10,000(1) songs in your pocket. And enjoy them wherever you go. In the car. On the treadmill. At the office. Around the house.

A Click in the Right Direction

Though ease of use has always been the hallmark of iPod, we believe in constantly moving perfection forward. So iPod now incorporates the same touch-sensitive Apple Click Wheel that debuted on iPod mini. Without lifting that trusty thumb of yours from the wheel, you can easily select playlists, scroll through thousands of songs and start the music playing. Want that song to play from the beginning again? A single click will do the trick.

Do the iPod Shuffle

You can put the Apple Click Wheel to use the next time you want to set your music to shuffle. Right there on the main menu — where it's very easy to find — you'll spot a new option — Shuffle Songs. Everyone's favorite option for mixing things up, Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in your music library. You'll never guess what's coming up next, so you're always surprised by startling juxtapositions — like a melodic Coldplay song hot on the heels of a Caball aria.

iPod Life.

Play Your Music for Hours…and Hours

And you can shuffle your way through a lot of songs now that iPod lets you play your music for up to 12 hours on a single battery charge.(2) Imagine: you could fly from New York to Paris and still have hours of listening time left over as you stroll the Champs Elyses. While you're on the move, iPod keeps you aware of its charge level and when it's time, iPod's quick to recharge. Plug it into your computer or a handy wall socket (via the included power adapter) and you can fast-charge iPod in as little as 2 hours.

itunes music store.

A Music Store at Your Fingertips

The perfect companion to iPod, iTunes lets you easily build and manage your digital music collection. Since the iTunes Music Store is built right in, you can browse through over 1 million songs and more than 8,000 audiobooks until you find just what you're looking for. Jazz, Reggae, Pop, Electronica, Hip Hop — the iTunes Music Store has it all. And it's open 24/7. All year long. In the US and most European countries. And on both the Mac and Windows PCs.

As for all of those CDs you already own, iTunes makes it easy to quickly transfer your favorite songs and albums. Just pop a CD into your Mac or PC and click the Import button. You can import music in a variety of formats, such as MP3 or AAC, and at whatever quality level you'd prefer. You can even choose the new Apple Lossless encoder. Music encoded with that option offers sound quality indistinguishable from the original CDs at about half the file size of the original. And with FireWire and USB 2.0 support, you can transfer the music from an entire CD to iPod in just 5 seconds or less.

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 13 December 2004 at 10:37pm | IP Logged

Great purchase, vijay!!

Even i have been intending to buy that for quite some time as i love listening to songs all the time. Do let us know how you like it, once you start using it.

Go to top