Betiyaan Apni Yaa... Paraaya Dhan!

Unlucky shirt unsettles Paraya Dhan

Sanjana4U thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Unlucky shirt unsettles Paraya Dhan

Unbelievable but true. A shirt worn by a second unit director from Paraya Dhan is said to have had adverse effects on the show.

Whenever this unit member Pradeep Yadav wore this particular shirt some or the other bad news would come. And the day the unit got the news that their show was shutting shop on June 26; he was wearing the same shirt.

"Pradeep Yadav had a military green coloured shirt which also had the number 62 imprinted on it. It was actually very unlucky. The first time when he wore it, a unit hand banged into a rickshaw.

Later when we got the news that a dress designer who was involved with the show had passed away, we noticed that he was wearing this same shirt.

On the 8TH of May we got the news that our show was going off air and the number on his shirt 62 also added up to eight", says Lata Sreedhar, the supervising producer of the show.

The unit members were so irritated by the sequence of ominous events happening within a span of just a few months that, they all ganged up and tore this 'unlucky' shirt. They later collected money and bought a new shirt for Yadav.

"Everyone from the light man to actor Manav Gohil who was shooting that day, got together and made him take off the shirt and got rid of it. We later gifted him a white shirt. I am a firm believer in numerology and astrology. I am sure that numbers have a great role to play", adds Sreedhar.

As for actor Manav Gohil, it was more about having fun on the sets at the expense of Yadav's shirt. "I always have lots of fun on the sets. When we learnt that the particular shirt that Pradeep was wearing was believed to be unlucky, we all made him take it off and later tore it into pieces.

Even though I am not a great believer in numerology and astrology, it was good riddance, it seems", says Gohil. - Sneha Hazarika

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diljaani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
tfs..

I love the part where they all ganged up and tore the shirt!! 🤣 🤣

~dj