Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Tiya_I

IF-Rockerz

Tiya_I

Posted: 29 May 2007 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

Welcome to Shilpa Shetty

Fanclub

About Shilpa:Shilpa Shetty (born 8 June 1975) is a four-time Filmfare Award-nominated Indian film actress, model, AIDS activist and PETA supporter. Since making her debut in the film Baazigar (1993), she has appeared in nearly 50 films and made her first lead role in 1994's Aag. She is one of Bollywood's tallest actresses and currently resides at the centre of the Hindi-language film industry in Mumbai, India. Her sister Shamita Shetty is also a Bollywood film actress, and her parents were both models in their youth.

Shilpa was crowned the winner of the British Celebrity Big Brother on 28 January 2007 with 63% of the final vote, becoming the first Indian to win the contest.

Shilpa is the eldest daughter of Surendra and Sunanda Shetty and hails from the Bunt community of Karnataka, India, although she was born in Tamil Nadu. Shetty's native language is Tulu and she can speak nearly ten languages at differing levels including English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and can understand basic French.

She attended St. Anthony Girls' High School, located in Chembur, and later attended Podar College. She was the captain of the baseball team and earned a black belt in Karate.

Shetty currently lives in Mumbai with her parents and sister. Her younger sister Shamita Shetty is a budding Bollywood actress and they worked together in the film Fareb (2005).

Shetty started her career by modelling for Limca in 1991 at age 16, and made her film debut in 1993 at age 17 in Baazigar, portraying a woman murdered by her psychopathic boyfriend. Although she was a supporting actress alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, the film was a major success and earned her a nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.

Her first leading role was in the film Aag in 1994, which was averagely received at the box office. She had a hit that same year with the film Main Khiladi Tu Anari opposite Akshay Kumar. This was followed by many films which were average to poor performers at the box office. Shetty starred another big film that year Aao Pyar Karen followed by Hathkadi in 1995 where she was working alongside actors such as Saif Ali Khan, Govinda and Madhoo but they failed at the box office.

1997 was one of her busiest years yet, she appeared in six different films, beginning with the small Telugu language film Veedeva Dani Babu. Her first major Bollywood film of that year was the action thriller Auzaar. Shilpa portrayed the character of Prathna Thakur alongside actors Salman Khan and Sanjay Kapoor.

In 2000 Shetty received much acclaim for her role in Dhadkan which earned reasonable takings an the Indian box office. She received her first nomination under the Best Actress category at the Filmfare Awards although she lost to Karisma Kapoor. She would later go on to star with Kapoor in the film Rishtey (2002). Her performance as an eccentric fisherwoman was appreciated and she received a nomination under the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award category.

2004 was a good year for the actress. She received much acclaim for her performance as an AIDS victim in Phir Milenge. This was followed by the action thriller Dus which was an average success. She also starred with her sister in the film Fareb in 2005. Shilpa had one release in 2006, the much delayed Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar. The film was a box office flop but she got good reviews for her role as a wife with negative shades.

Her television and stage work include Mani Ratnam's stage show, 'Netru, Indru, Naalai', guest judge on the popular Indian Idol television show, judge on Jhalak Dikhlaja, a Sony Entertainment Television dance show based on the original UK show Strictly Come Dancing and participation in the UK television reality show Celebrity Big Brother and was elected the winner by public vote.

Shetty is a frequent subject of speculation regarding romance. However, she has remained tight-lipped whenever questions of marriage are posed to her.

She had a relationship with actor Akshay Kumar, whom she met on set in 1994. The couple split in 2000 after he started dating Shilpa's friend and fellow actress Twinkle Khanna.

In an interview for the Times of India, Shetty quashed rumours of a romance with director Anubhav Sinha and claimed to have changed her mobile phone number in order to concentrate on her busy schedule. Currently happily single and not dating, Shetty has stated that she plans to marry in three years.

Celebrity Big Brother 2007

Shetty was a contestant in and the winner of Celebrity Big Brother UK and is the first Indian celebrity drafted in to "sex up" the show. Reportedly paid Rs. 31.5m (367,500) for her participation, she wore a pink sari when entering the house and said to presenter Davina McCall, "I just want every Indian to be extremely proud that I'm in here". As for her participation, she stated: "I have zero expectations. The only thing I really hope to keep is my self-respect and my dignity." Sister Shamita told the Times of India that this "is the boldest decision Shilpa has taken hitherto." The Scotsman reported that PETA backed Shetty to win the contest and urged British viewers to vote for her.

On Day 2 of the show, Shetty instructed fellow housemates Carole Malone and Ken Russell in meditation. After they were unable to perform the exercise, she explained that they were "not breathing right". On Day 5, Dirk Benedict expressed his desire to woo her after several light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek flirtations had occurred between them and she admitted to finding him "sexy", but tempers were starting to fray by Day 7 as a clique was beginning to form in the house which was not approving of Shilpa's presence.

Following a worldwide controversy about being a target of racist bullying within the house, Shetty won the contest after gaining 63% of the public vote and described the experience as "incredible and overwhelming". She further thanked the public for "a fantastic opportunity to make my country proud".

Sky News claims that Shetty didn't get invited to the end-of-series party of Celebrity Big Brother. Shilpa says: "I knew nothing about the party, I did not snub it. I didn't get an invite. Perhaps they didnt know how to contact me?"

In February 2007, Shetty attended a reception at the House of Commons, by invitation of Keith Vaz MP to meet with British prime minister Tony Blair. She was also invited to meet with Queen Elizabeth II at Marlborough House in London in March 2007.

Filmography:

2006 Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar as Ahana
2005 Dus as Aditi
2005 Fareb as Neha
2005 Khamosh: Khauff Ki Raat as Sonia
2005 Auto Shankar as Money Lender (Kannada)
2004 Phir Milenge as Tamanna Sahani
2004 Garv: Pride and Honour as Jannat
2003 Ondagona Baa as Belli (Kannada)
2003 Darna Mana Hai as Gayathri
2002 Karz as Sapna
2002 Rishtey as Vaijanti
2002 Hathyar as Gauri Shivalkar
2002 Chor Machaaye Shor as Kaajal
2002 Badhaai Ho Badhaai as Radha / Banto Betty
2002 Junoon
2001 Indian as Anjali Rajshekar Azad
2001 Bhalevadivi Basu as Shilpa (Dubbed into Hindi as "Sherni Ka Shikaar")
2001 Maduve Agona Baa as Preeti (Kannada)
2001 Preethsod Thappa as Preethi (Kannada)
2000 Azad as Kanaka Mahalakshmi (Telugu)
2000 Dhadkan as Anjali
2000 Tarkieb as Preeti Sharma
2000 Khushi as Macarena (Tamil)
2000 Jung as Tara
1999 Jaanwar as Mamta
1999 Shool as Dancer
1999 Lal Baadshah as Lawyer's daughter
1998 Pardesi Babu as Chinni Malhotra
1998 Aakrosh as Komal
1997 Dus (Not Finished)
1997 Gambler as Ritu
1997 Prithvi as Neha
1997 Insaaf as Divya
1997 Zameer: The Awakening of a Soul as Roma Khurana
1997 Auzaar as Prathna Thakur
1997 Veedeva Dani Babu as Nandhana (Telugu)
1996 Mr. Romeo as Shilpa (Dubbed into Hindi and Telugu as Mr. Romeo)
1996 Chhote Sarkar as Seema
1996 Himmat as Nisha
1996 Sahasa Veerudu Sagara Kanya as Sona (Dubbed into Hindi as Saagar Kanya)
1995 Hathkadi as Neha
1994 Aao Pyaar Karen as Chhaya
1994 Main Khiladi Tu Anari as Mona / Basanti
1994 Aag as Bijli
1993 Baazigar as Seema Chopra

upcoming movie:

2007 Metro May 11, 2007
2007 Apne May 2007
2007 Forever Amrita Ledew Pre-Production
2007 Durbar Barsaat Devi Announced

siggies:

Icons:

~members~

Tiya(*simran*)

lots of love,

Tiya

Edited by *simran* - 29 May 2007 at 2:08pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Shilpa Shetty Fanclub~" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jia

IF-Rockerz

Jia

-

Posted: 29 May 2007 at 2:10pm | IP Logged

one fc already exists for her here: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=519233 please make that active and get it to 150 before u start another one.

thanks!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top